Wednesday, November 08, 2006
Sad
I don't usually write about politics, I leave that to Susie and my friend Shelley. But today I am sad. I need to quit watching Fox News, it's too depressing on a day like today. I for sure won't be watching CNN either. No! I can't handle the smiles and the cheers. The power has shifted and I am very nervous as to what may be ahead. We still have a while until 2008 but it will sneak up on us soon. For sure the time has come for the Republican party to regroup, no doubt! But I fear what will happen with this situation. If there was ever a comic book written for Washington, you would see Nancy Pelosi going after George W. Bush like Doc Ock going after Spiderman! The man needs our prayers, big time!

I am sure Oprah is happy to see a woman gain such huge power. I am sure the Dixie Chicks are gloating in hopes of Pelosi trying to impeach our president and I am pretty sure David Letterman has called Bill O'Reilly to brag. (heavy sigh)

So if you are a teenager living in California and you are wanting to have an abortion without your parents ever knowing, guess what? You can do it! Proposition 85 was rejected. AND if you are wanting to clone a human being, move to Missouri! They will let you, no problem.

Get your heads out of the dumb magazines! Who cares about Britney being fed up with K-Fed! Yes, Reese Witherspoon is getting a divorce too and I don't really give a hoot about Kirstie Alley showing herself in a bikini on Oprah. Our world is completely sucked in by Hollywood instead of knowing what is truly important in this world. Call me crazy, call me radical, I don't care. We've got problems people! Big problems! So get educated and pray for your President. He needs it!

  posted at 1:20 PM
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Oh Mandi, you and I seem to be in the same place today. Between family stuff and politics, I'm feeling a bit defeated. *Sigh* Scary stuff is in store for our children and while I can't protect my children from it, the best I can do is equip them with the Truth. Thinking of you...

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Karla Porter Archer said...

I know what you mean -- in TN we passed our marriage ammendment (yeah!) and kept a Rep. in the Senate (yeah!) but when I look at some of the other choices made in the other states I have to keep my fear in check...

Your thoughts on Pelosi et al were almost identical to what I was thinking this morning...

We *must* remember -- God is in control! So we PRAY PRAY PRAY!!

Blessings,
Karla

 
At 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN! AMEN!! AMEN!!!

We conservatives (the silent majority) need to STAND UP and make ourselves KNOWN, before it's TOO LATE!!!

NO MORE of this debased, wretched, politically correct CRAP!!!

I am trying SO HARD to not be overwhelmed with FEAR for the type of world we're coming to...

Corny as it may sound, I agree with the bumper sticker, "AMERICA...BLESS GOD!!!!"

Love you, Amanda! Thanks for promoting Political, Social and Spiritual AWARENESS!!!

 
At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too gals...
I am just praying so much today for all of us.
God have mercy on our nation.

God have mercy on our state. (I am in MO)

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger uuu said...

Funny - I know exactly how you feel today! And sadly, like munckin land - I worry most about our children. Their futures are at stake!!

I too have turned it all off - CNN, Fox News, even the press conference after a while, because the press is so rude and I do so love George W. Bush. My heart is heavy, but my faith is there - we must do what we can and right, I think that is PRAY!!!!!!

(((hugs)))

And, on another note - after the day I've had (feeling YUCKY with this preg.) your comment meant the world to me. Glad I encouraged! :)

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Jeff Dowdle said...

well said..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name:
Amanda

Location: Austin, Texas


Mommy, Mama, Mandi, Amanda, Babe and whatever else you want to call me! How do I have time to blog with three kids under the age of four? I'm up until midnight and usually later!

My complete profile

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from somethingbeautifulblog. Make your own badge here.
Fashion Statement (My Mom)
Beth Moore
Resonate Community
The Food Network
BibleGateway
Dallas Cowboys


my space has been invaded
I am blessed, so blessed.
Halloween 2006
Blogger trouble AGAIN!
SUGAR & SPICE! It's that time again!
The excitement is still there!
1st time being a brunette!
Gotta get this off my chest!
Back in the saddle again!
Don't you just LOVE blogger?

October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
May 2012

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006

Subscribe with Bloglines



Powered by FeedBlitz


Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: