Monday, November 06, 2006
I am blessed, so blessed.
I have heard it said many times before that a woman will often marry someone exactly like her Dad. It's true. This happens often and it is either a bad thing or a good thing. Over the past couple of days, I thought about this a lot. I thought about a lot of the guys I dated before marrying Jeremy. Almost all of them were self absorbed and not really interested in me. I never knew where they stood. I never knew if they really did care about me or love me. As soon as any type of trouble came, the relationship would end. During those years of dating, I began to feel that it was impossible to meet someone that would be crazy about me and treat me like I deserved to be treated. My single years led me down a road of bad choices. I constantly made bad dating choices. Just because you date someone that is Godly and loves the Lord, doesn't mean they will be the right one for you. I am so thankful that the Lord protected me. He protected me from making the worst mistake of my life, marrying the wrong man.

This past weekend was long. We had lots going on. Actually we had so much going on that I maybe got seven hours sleep total for the weekend. Friday my brother's fiancee was in labor and I walked all over the place with her during her labor. Being seven months pregnant myself made that a little difficult on me. My niece was born at 5:03am Saturday morning. I did not leave the hospital until Saturday at 8pm. I stayed with Desiree during that time so she wouldn't be alone. I was exhausted! Also I was gone all day this past Thursday for my baking business that I do during the Holidays. Then Friday began the long, long, long weekend. Jeremy was a trooper. He did not complain once for being tired and having to take care of our two kids and Desiree's son who is seven. Jeremy had been up pretty much all night and day too but he did not complain. Yesterday when we got home, my strength was gone. When I am tired, I get grumpy, emotional and so much more. Plus being pregnant did not make my exhaustion any better, it only magnified everything. When we got home, Jeremy told me to lay down and rest. So I did. He did laundry, cleaned, and took care of the kids. Since last week was so busy, I was behind on a lot. I felt like a failure in many ways because my house was totally out of sorts. There was probably six or seven loads of laundry to do. Jeremy did it all.

When I was a kid, my Dad did not do anything. He hardly worked, he sure as heck didn't do house work or laundry. He didn't do anything. I never witnessed him working on cars, doing yard work, building shelves or building anything for that matter. I never heard him pray over me or my brother, I never witnessed him being happy. My husband, my Dad, they are nothing alike. There is not one thing that even remotely resembles the other. Nothing! I have to say that this weekend I realized what a victory I have experienced in my life! I beat the odds! I broke a curse, I broke free! I married someone that was perfect for me and someone that takes care of me in the most incredible ways. All of those years I spent praying that I would meet and marry the RIGHT man, it worked! God truly answered my prayers and when I was twenty-five years old, I married him!

As a single adult you hear lots of people say things in order to give you hope that you will eventually marry. I hated those comments because they always came from married people. But one comment stuck with me. "The Man God has for you is more than you can imagine. He will have qualities about him that you did not even realize you needed. He will be MORE than you prayed for." I never believed it, I really thought I would have to settle. I did not think it was possible to be married to someone like Jeremy. But, I am! Praise the Lord!

I am independent in many ways but very dependent on Jeremy. He takes care of me. He organizes me. He keeps me on track because he is a planner, I am not. He is a thinker, I am more of a spontaneous gal. He helps me with the kids constantly and helps me with the house. I have known women that do everything in their home. When they are not there, the home totally breaks down. I have seen husband's that do NOTHING. I know someone right now that is so worried about a cruise she is going on because she knows her house will not survive without her there. When I am gone for a night out or a retreat or something that requires Jeremy to take control, I am never disappointed. He even puts bows in Ava Beth's hair. He does it all! Guess who gives them a bath every single night? Jeremy! And when I was in the hospital giving birth to both of the kids, he never left my side. I had food brought to me, flowers, cards, etc. And I have never changed one of my kid's diapers while in the hospital. Never! Jeremy had to teach me how to swaddle because he is the one that did it while we were in the hospital. I don't give him orders, I don't make him do these things for me, this is who he is. He is the most in touch Daddy I have ever seen. He is a diaper changer, a bath giver, and he is the one that prays over the kids every single night when we put them to bed! He is also the hardest working man I have ever seen. He has been at the same job for thirteen years! Now that was the stability my life has always needed, always craved, always desired. Some days I can't believe that I have Him. WOW!

I beat the odds! I found the most amazing, Godly, giving man you have ever seen! I have him and I am so thankful. I feel like I am the most blessed woman in the world. I am, I know I am!

Lord, thank you so much for my husband. Thank you for fulfilling my needs in so many ways. He is more than I ever imagined. That's just how you work Lord, you give us more than we could ever dream of! That's what you do! Jeremy is a man of integrity. He is fun, he is funny, everyone loves Jeremy. He has a reputation that is gold. I love that everyone I know adores my husband. Soon our family will be a family of five. The newborn days will be hard, we will miss our sleep often but there is no other man more perfect for that season! Thank you for Jeremy. Oh I love him so much. Help me to show him my love, help me to show him how special he is. Help me to show him that he is an incredible, Godly man.


God can do anything, you know-far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! Ephesians 3:20 (The Message)


(To read about my beautiful little niece, go to my Mom's blog. You will even see a picture!)

  posted at 11:52 AM
  10 comments



10 Comments:
At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved hearing how God has blessed you w/Jeremy. What a guy! God is good!
I would say the same exact thing...my husband and Dad and nothing alike and I am VERY blessed.

Congratulations to Desiree on a beautiful little girl and to you on being an aunt! That is great that you stayed w/her. I'm sure that meant a lot to her.

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Paula said...

That is so sweet. Jeremy sounds like such a wonderful man. God has honored your prayers and then some! Isn't He good.

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Gwen said...

Congratulations to your whole family on the addition of your sweet baby niece! You are already an awesome aunt to her!

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger uuu said...

First of all - Congrats on the birth of your neice!!!! Secondly - it is so refreshing to hear a wife DOTING on her husband. It seems that these days more often than not, women would rather "bash" their hubbies. I know that NO husband is perfect - but I think sometimes if we all would slow down long enough to look - we'd find some very admirable traits in our soulmates. After all - God has blessed us to find our lifetime helpers!! :)

Amanda - you deserve Jeremy!!! :)

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger Christina said...

Count your blessings! Jeremy sounds like an awesome guy!

Congrats on becoming an Aunt!!! I checked out your mom's blog...she's so cute!

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Borbe Bunch said...

Praise God for the blessing of you hubbie! I too can give all praise to God for the blessing of my "super daddy/hubbie" :) He is a true GIFT from God...I am so thankful!
It was so nice to read of you giving praise to God for the blessing Jeremy is to you. God IS so good!
Congrats on your precious neice...how sweet and giving of you to stay there the whole time...you are a trooper and a true friend!
God bless...keep taking time to "put your feet up" when your hubbie suggests :)
I will be sure to post about our precious son...being born on Nov. 9th!!! Hard to believe, we are all excited! :)

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger mommyofangels said...

Just reading your post makes me want to brag about my husband too.

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Karla Porter Archer said...

what a beautiful tribute to your husband!
How awesome to see married couples remember the reasons for loving each other.

Blessings,
Karla

 
At 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, can I just say - are our husbands related???

You wrote:
"I am independent in many ways but very dependent on Jeremy. He takes care of me. He organizes me. He keeps me on track because he is a planner, I am not. He is a thinker, I am more of a spontaneous gal. He helps me with the kids constantly and helps me with the house. I have known women that do everything in their home. When they are not there, the home totally breaks down. I have seen husband's that do NOTHING. I know someone right now that is so worried about a cruise she is going on because she knows her house will not survive without her there. When I am gone for a night out or a retreat or something that requires Jeremy to take control, I am never disappointed. He even puts bows in Ava Beth's hair. He does it all! Guess who gives them a bath every single night? Jeremy! And when I was in the hospital giving birth to both of the kids, he never left my side. I had food brought to me, flowers, cards, etc. And I have never changed one of my kid's diapers while in the hospital. Never! Jeremy had to teach me how to swaddle because he is the one that did it while we were in the hospital. I don't give him orders, I don't make him do these things for me, this is who he is. He is the most in touch Daddy I have ever seen. He is a diaper changer, a bath giver, and he is the one that prays over the kids every single night when we put them to bed! He is also the hardest working man I have ever seen.!"

ARE YOU DESCRIBING MY SWEET TIM????? I

Aren't we so blessed???

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

I just LOVED this post! You and I know that marriage is something to be treasured and while its not always rosy and pink, its good to remember these wonderful qualities in our husbands. It sounds like he did a great job this weekend!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name:
Amanda

Location: Austin, Texas


Mommy, Mama, Mandi, Amanda, Babe and whatever else you want to call me! How do I have time to blog with three kids under the age of four? I'm up until midnight and usually later!

My complete profile

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from somethingbeautifulblog. Make your own badge here.
Fashion Statement (My Mom)
Beth Moore
Resonate Community
The Food Network
BibleGateway
Dallas Cowboys


Halloween 2006
Blogger trouble AGAIN!
SUGAR & SPICE! It's that time again!
The excitement is still there!
1st time being a brunette!
Gotta get this off my chest!
Back in the saddle again!
Don't you just LOVE blogger?
My best friend in Tennessee
Site meter

October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
May 2012

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006

Subscribe with Bloglines



Powered by FeedBlitz


Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: