Tuesday, October 31, 2006
SUGAR & SPICE! It's that time again!
The boring days in this house are over! Not that it really was ever boring to begin with! But, the season has officially begun and now I must TRULY get sleep at night because my napping days are over.

Tonight we are going to friend's house for pizza and trick or treating. It should be interesting. They have four kids, we have two, it will be crazy! All day long my son has been saying, "When is it going to be dark? When are we going to Jackson's house? When Mommy, when? I want to go to Jackson's house now!!"

Tomorrow we are going to the library (story time) with friends and the kids get to wear their costumes one more time. Then as soon as we get home, I will begin my baking!

I am so excited that it is here, but I am a bit nervous too. Thursday is the official day my Holiday Baking business (Sugar&Spice) begins for this year. Everything for the Thanksgiving menu has to be made tomorrow for my sampling/ordering day on Thursday at my Mom's salon. Last Thanksgiving I had a $900 order but I have taken a few items off the menu this year (Coconut Cream Pie and Chocolate Cream Pie). Those pies have too many steps and they eat up too much of my profit since I have to buy pie boxes! So no pies this year! They were not my biggest sellers either so I am not too worried. Thursday morning I will decorate my serving cart (it will look very Thanksgivingish), wheel my cart to all of the suites at the salon, allow Stylists and their clients to sample, take orders, and hopefully walk away with a TON of orders! Then I will deliver everything to the salon the week of Thanksgiving and have money to shop the day after Thanksgiving!!!!!! I love that!!! Yes, I am one of those that would love to be in line at 5am for the early bird sales the day after thanksgiving!

Then the week following Thanksgiving, I will be BACK with my Christmas Menu, my sample cart (decorated for Christmas) and my big, fat almost nine month pregnant belly! So, please say a prayer for me. Pray that this sciatic nerve does not do me in. I felt like I was going to collapse in Target today. WOW! It hurts! Also pray that I am able to figure out childcare at a reasonable price while I bake and deliver my items! Last year my order for Christmas was close to $1,500 so I am expecting it to be crazy! This is why I am putting up all my Christmas Decorations up in TWO WEEKS! I can't wait!!!!!

Okay so all of this talk about myself to tell you, I really, really need your prayers. This baking business is something I love. People love food and I feel like God has given me great opportunities to minister to people through my food. Last year I got to pray for people by name as I baked their Rum Cake or made their cheese ball. I really want my food to be such a blessing! During this time last year, I got sick, my kids got sick and the enemy came at me. I need prayers of protection. I need my home to be a healthy sanctuary!! Also, I am due to have this sometime around January 23rd and since I am already uncomfortable, I am really going to have to rely on other people to help me make this work since I am nearing then end of pregnancy. I really, honestly, almost collapsed in Target today because of this dang sciatic nerve. So I need all of you praying women to pray for me, my family and this business. I am so excited about it starting again, but I also know that I am moving a little slower than I was last year.

Thanks for listening to me talk all about me today and what I have going on. Me, me, me, I, I, I! Right? Sorry! But thanks for being there for me. So many of you bless me beyond measure!

(There will be a few days in November and in December where I will be in the kitchen all day long and sometimes nights too. I want to ask a few of you in November to write something for my blog and I want to do the same in December. It's something I am praying about and I think it will be fun! First I am going to try to get my non-blogging friends to participate and then I will come to some of you. I love showing my friends off, especially those of you that blog. I love celebrating you and your families. I am so blessed to have all of you!)

  posted at 4:05 PM
  10 comments



10 Comments:
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Christy said...

I WILL be praying for you - I know the financial blessing is needed and I understand totally about the siatic nerve! God will give you strength girl! BTW, your hair looks awesome!

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Paula said...

I hope Josiah and Ava Beth had fun trick-or-treating. Just think, next year you will be pushing little Ezekial in the stroller!! How fun! Two Dallas Cowboy football players and a cheerleader. So cute.

I will be praying for you. I know this year will be even better than last year. You bake away and know that God is so proud because you are sharing a talent He has given you.

 
At 3:57 AM, Blogger uuu said...

Whoa girl - you are about to be REALLY busy!!!! :) I know you are excited - just don't forget to stop occasionally and prop your feet up! Gotta take care of mommy and little Ezekiel!

I am so excited to "meet" your friends - all of them really - but especially those who are blessed enough to live near you! :)

Best wishes and prayers for a successful season for Sugar and Spice!!!!!

 
At 5:51 AM, Blogger Borbe Bunch said...

Amanda,
I so know about the almost crashing in Target!! It hits when you LEAST want it too :) Not in Target...well, I am praying girl, cause I am right there with you, our little man is being welcomed NEXT Thursday, hard to believe!!!
I love your baking business, how great, wish I could make an order :) As I was reading your post, I totally thought, she is such a Proverbs 31 Woman, working in her home and making money...GO GIRL, you inspire me!!! Not so much that I am about to start a business 9 Months prego, but you go!!! :) he he...
OK, off to school the kiddos!
Praying for you, HIS strength is PERFECT!!!
Love IN HIM,
Liz

 
At 6:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you too. I wish I could place an order too. I'm sure you do a great job. God has given you many gifts.

You'll have to share pictures of Josiah and Ava Beth all dressed up. I'm sure it was much warmer for you than it was here...in the 20's, but we still had fun.

 
At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exciting! I will be praying for you. You are really going to have your hands full! I hope your baking season is spectacular! And I hope the birth of the baby is problem free! I will be praying away for you! :)

 
At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Amanda - I will be praying my armor prayer of protection for this ministry of yours!!! I think that you are a brave woman of God - and I agree with Liz, you are a proverbs 31 woman!!

Way to go!

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Karla Porter Archer said...

I had read about your business while looking over your archives, but I didn't realize you only did it during the holidays. What an awesome idea!

And I love that you pray for each person as you bake for them.

I've often wondered how the Lord would use me in my business, and now I see how (I create custom wedding invitations and birth announcements -- so those are people who for sure need specific prayers!)

As for the sciatic nerve, oh, I pray for healing for you there! I had it with each of mine and still do.

Blessings,
Karla

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

What an amazing ministry you have developed! That is so great! You will definitely be in my prayers as you tackle this huge job with your ready-to-pop belly. =) I'll be thinking of you and all the lives you'll be touching...

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger V. said...

oh yummmy...you are getting me motivated to think about my holiday baking!

I'm sure you will post photos as you have them.

Consider yourself covered!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name:
Amanda

Location: Austin, Texas


Mommy, Mama, Mandi, Amanda, Babe and whatever else you want to call me! How do I have time to blog with three kids under the age of four? I'm up until midnight and usually later!

My complete profile

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from somethingbeautifulblog. Make your own badge here.
Fashion Statement (My Mom)
Beth Moore
Resonate Community
The Food Network
BibleGateway
Dallas Cowboys


The excitement is still there!
1st time being a brunette!
Gotta get this off my chest!
Back in the saddle again!
Don't you just LOVE blogger?
My best friend in Tennessee
Site meter
This is all I've got today!
Where's MY red carpet?
Soooooooooo tired!

October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
May 2012

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006

Subscribe with Bloglines



Powered by FeedBlitz


Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: