Wednesday, October 18, 2006
Where's MY red carpet?
Honesty is by far my best feature I would say. You always know where I stand, you always know what's going on. I don't hide, I don't hide my feelings, what you see is what you get. If you know me, then you know that about me. So here it is! Honesty! I AM IN A FUNK! Every once in a while, I go into a hole and stay for a while. Right now, I'm in a hole but so desperately want to come out.

I don't have a blog in me, a phone conversation in me, an email in me. My wonderful communication skills have completely SHUT down. My love for getting up and going somewhere, gone! My desire to hang out with people, REALLY GONE! I know it's not permanent, I know I will be back to normal again SOON. But I sure feel empty right now. A lot may have to do with being pregnant and having two other little ones and a house to clean, dinners to cook and laundry to keep up with. We all get to this point. All mothers reach a point where they feel like they need a fill up, a re-charge, a new attitude!

Really I am just needing a red carpet! I wish someone would roll out the red carpet for me to walk on just for ONE day, one day. That's all I need! My husband has been with the same company for thirteen years. He gets awards, recognition and an attaboy every now and then. I realize we have Mother's Day in May but I need one now! How about you? I want to walk down the red carpet for my nominations and let me tell you there would be so many nominations!

Amanda, the Mother of Josiah, Ava Beth and Ezekiel (Zeke will be here in January) and wife of Jeremy. Nominated for...best weekly dinner menu planner, best mommy vocalist, best storyteller (she does voices), best laundry folder, best organizer, best shopper on a budget, best chocolate milk maker, best cookie maker, best toy pick 'er upper, best potty trainer, best bed tucker, best bed time prayers, best teacher, best butt wiper, best EVERYTHING!

As soon as I walk the red carpet, I'll let you know how great it was! I've got my dress picked out, hair and makeup should not be too hard, and my pregnant feet will still fit fine in my favorite stilettos. I'll be sure to get plenty of pictures too so all of you won't miss out on my big day! I would invite you but this is just for me! I need it to be ALL ABOUT ME, just for ONE day or ONE night. Yes, all about me!

  posted at 6:57 PM
  9 comments



9 Comments:
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Oh my friend!! You are absolutely right, we ALL get that once in a while. I was just there myself about three or four weeks ago. I think its especially hard because the pregnancy hormones magnify everything by 100x. It will go away, I promise.

Take heart in this... Every day, every moment God is taking joy in you! He recognizes your hard work, He applauds your latest accomplishment, and He is anxiously waiting to praise your newest skill. You are the princess of a King and some day your red carpet WILL be waiting for you!!

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Christy said...

Girl you are cracking me up although I know its a hearts desire and a cry I hear loud and clear. I am going to pray for a pick me up but for more than even that - a red carpet day for just YOU! I hope as a mommy I can do 1/2 of those things as good as you! I praise you - I also give you the Proverbs 31 award for being such a Godly woman, wife and mommy!

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Oh I SO know what you mean. I had a bad hair day today so you know how that can trickle down into everything other area - UGH. You prego mama you - you sure deserve a red carpet day. You are so worthy of it. So just pretend I am laying out the red carpet for you! Now, go get ready! ;-)
Hugs and Love to you!

 
At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw. I hope you get that walk soon Amanda! I'm all for the "mom who makes the best chocolate milk" I'd love a glass!

You should read "Keeping a Princess Heart in a Not So Fairy Tale World." By Nicole (someone I can get the last name if you are interested) I think you would enjoy it. :)

 
At 5:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Christy, THANK YOU. You rock! I needed what you sent me!

Thank you Kate! Ahhh, how sweet! I feel all warm and fuzzy and I don't think it's the hormones! :)

Momeeeeee, thank you. I needed that from YOU. Mom, you are an INCREDIBLE WOMAN! Thank you and I love your guts!

 
At 5:41 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh yes and thank you ladies for reminding me that I am a daughter of a king! And a princess too! :)

 
At 6:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love what Munchkin Land said about remembering you are the princess of the King. We all need that reminder.

There is so much that we do that noone notices, but God notices. He knows all the details of our life and sees us as we scrub that kitchen floor for the 100th time in a day and serve our family.

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger Paula said...

Amanda, I would take you to lunch and a pedicure if I was there with you!

You are an AWESOME wife, mother, daughter, sister, sister-in-law, daughter-in-law, friend and best of all "princess of the King" (as munchkin land said). You are doing a great job. This shall past and then you can be the great encourager that you are and help others through the same thing. Because you have been there.

YOU ARE FAR MORE THAN RUBIES!!!

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger uuu said...

Oh Amanda --

I am praying that you are soon out of your funk. I suspect your lovely pregnancy hormones are making things somewhat worse... the joys of pregnancy!! :)

"And we have coming down the red carpet next, Amanda, boy is she Something Beautiful. She has been nominated for the Best Mommy, Best Wife, Best Daughter, Best Friend Awards as well as awards for Most Creative Aunt, Best Baby Shower Giver and so much more... tune in next to see Amanda clean up the awards tonight!!"

Love ya girl!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name:
Amanda

Location: Austin, Texas


Mommy, Mama, Mandi, Amanda, Babe and whatever else you want to call me! How do I have time to blog with three kids under the age of four? I'm up until midnight and usually later!

My complete profile

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from somethingbeautifulblog. Make your own badge here.
Fashion Statement (My Mom)
Beth Moore
Resonate Community
The Food Network
BibleGateway
Dallas Cowboys


Soooooooooo tired!
Desiree's shower
a blog gone bad!
This won't be a popular post!
a journal entry online (basically that's what this...
Our favorite park
Pumpkin Patch 2006
A daily fight to be who I am
Something Beautiful

October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
May 2012

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006

Subscribe with Bloglines



Powered by FeedBlitz


Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: