Sunday, October 15, 2006
Desiree's shower
I have been preparing for sweet Desiree's (my brother's fiancee) shower for a while and it all came together on Saturday at my house. Now we just wait for the baby girl to arrive! I am so excited about my niece coming! I especially am excited about seeing how much this little girl rocks my brother's world! It's hard to believe that my little brother (26 years old) will be a daddy almost any day now. He will finally be a part of the club! Baby Adisyn (aka- "Adi") is going to make my brother fall in love all over again!


Aunt Mandi, Desiree & MiMi

My fellow hostess (I spent most of her money! Isn't that what moms are good for?)

This was the "Adi-tini"! Choose the juice or tea of your choice, drop in a strawberry, stir and drink!

I wish I would have taken a picture of the gift table after everyone arrived. She got so much stuff!

Josh and Desiree moved here about two months ago from Seattle. So many of my friends, my Mom's friends and family members came without even knowing Desiree. Even my best blogging friend in Tennessee, Paula, shipped a gift! I wanted to make this day so special for her and even though everyone was a stranger, they all realized why I love my future sister-in-law so much. She has become my little sister and the Lord has blessed me so much by bringing her into my life. And this past weekend they moved to a rent house that is about four miles away from my house! I have a shopping buddy and so much more. More like a sister!


  posted at 6:19 PM
  11 comments



11 Comments:
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Kate said...

That ROCKS! That food looks amazing! And the decorations. I love the little pacifier made out of candy - that is soooo cute! Look at the flowered pen! WHOA Amanda (and Mama!) You all did an FABULOUS job! You sure spoiled Desi and that baby - as you should! ;) Glad it turned out sooooo beautiful!

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Paula said...

The shower looks beautiful. All the food looks sooo yummy. You did a great job. I can't wait to hear all about it. You look so good yourself!!

I can't wait to see Adi's picture. I bet she'll have a head full of hair. I am so sure Aunt Mandi won't spoil her a bit. HA

 
At 4:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and your mom did a great job! I love how you set up the drinks and the cupcake display.

Looks like it was a great day! I am glad it went so well.

Look forward to seeing your new neice.

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger uuu said...

You did a FABULOUS job!!!!! Wow - all the food and I LOVE the Adi-tinis!!!! How clever are you?!?!?!?! Glad to hear the shower was a success, but of course, there was never a doubt. Ms. Creativity was putting it on.... :) You are such a talented woman!!

Love ya!

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

It looks like it was a wonderful shower!! Way to go Auntie!! I'm glad that it all came together in the end. Now, when is your BIG day?! Have a wonderful week...

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Gwen said...

Everything looked beautiful! It looks like you did a fabulous job! I'm so happy you have found such a wonderful friend and sister in Desiree!

 
At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Y'all did a great job putting together a sweet party to honor your sister-in-law and her new baby! I love the Adi-tini - too cute!!

I am sure she just loved it!

 
At 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda - The set up looks awesome! You did a great job!
You really have a knack for things like this!

Nancy

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Christy said...

YUMMY - the food looks so good! It made me hungry checking out the pictures! I am sure your hard work paid off!

 
At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda-
You did such a beautiful job on the shower. The food looks scrumptious and the decorations gorgeous. I can't imagine how much time it took you to get it all done (especially working around the kids). I am so proud of you!
Love
Courtney

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Rmomof3 said...

It looks to me like you made a fabulous tribute to your precious new sister in law and your sweet niece!

I loved the adi-tinis -idea!

Blessings!
Renee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name:
Amanda

Location: Austin, Texas


Mommy, Mama, Mandi, Amanda, Babe and whatever else you want to call me! How do I have time to blog with three kids under the age of four? I'm up until midnight and usually later!

My complete profile

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from somethingbeautifulblog. Make your own badge here.
Fashion Statement (My Mom)
Beth Moore
Resonate Community
The Food Network
BibleGateway
Dallas Cowboys


a blog gone bad!
This won't be a popular post!
a journal entry online (basically that's what this...
Our favorite park
Pumpkin Patch 2006
A daily fight to be who I am
Something Beautiful

October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
May 2012

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006

Subscribe with Bloglines



Powered by FeedBlitz


Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: