Friday, October 13, 2006
a blog gone bad!
Yesterday's post wasn't my favorite to write and I am quite sure it wasn't your favorite one to read. So how about something nice?

I love to sing, that is my hobby, my passion, my greatest THING! The wonderful thing about singing is I can sing anytime, anywhere and sing anything I want! My whole life I have been singing. On big stages, small stages, big churches, mega churches, small churches, weddings, funerals, parties and even sporting events. When kids started coming (the ones I have given birth to), my venue changed quite drastically. My performances are often limited to bathtubs, showers, cars and my kitchen. Oh and of course the rocking chair! I thought it was pretty cool that I could sing Pat Benatar, Shania Twain, Sixpence None The Richer, Dixie Chicks, Plumb, Martina McBride, Fleetwood Mac and of course many Christian artists too. Oh and I can't forget all the show tunes I know from my days of Show Choir! But NOW I can sing Veggie Tales, Laurie Berkner, Backyardigans, Steve Green Hide 'Em In Your Heart, Kindermusik songs and so much more.

Tomorrow I am having a baby shower at my house for my sister-in-law Desiree. She is dilated to a three so I am hoping her body doesn't decide to jump to anything higher before tomorrow's shower is over. With the shower 24 hours away and me doing everything, the kids will be accompanying me on a day FULL of errands. I have been dreading this day. My kids do not handle being rushed in and out of a dozen different stores. They just don't like it! And the truth is, me being six months pregnant and lifting kids in and out of an SUV isn't my cup of tea either! My friend Paula offered to baby-sit but her living in Tennessee kind of puts a damper on things.So I decided to do something today to keep them going, to keep MYSELF going and to usher this day in with lots of fun!

HERE IT COMES! THE BLOG IS ABOUT TO GO BAD!

WE ARE GOING TO SING! And there will not be ANY kids music in my car today! NO! This is going to be Mommy's choice today. I need some Beyonce, Gwen Stefani, Kelly Clarkson, Natasha Bedingfield, and anything and everything that has a beat to keep me moving! I need my energy level high, the kid's energy level high and I don't need to be interrupted by the door bell like I JUST was by a young guy in a suit and older woman in a suit telling me that the foundation of my belief is wrong so they would like to share scripture with me that may help! WOW! I can't believe that just happened! (Deep sigh. Take a breath Amanda, take a deep breath. I can't believe that just happened.) And then He asked me if I read my Bible and I said, "Yes, the HOLY one." That did not go well, not well at all.

Okay, so back to my songs, back to the music, back to the fun filled day ahead! (I can't believe I just closed the door in someone's face like that. But I had to, He was being ugly, being rude, telling me that I AM CONFUSED! WOW! I am STILL in shock. The guys that came to my door last week with cute little backpacks and white shirts and ties were so much nicer. As soon as I told THEM what I believed, they left. They were courteous. The guy this morning was HOSTILE, PUSHY, RUDE!)

Now this is a blog gone bad! Isn't it? What is going on in my neighborhood? This is an established neighborhood, why are we having our doorbell's rung all of the sudden? And why are people not coming to my door to share the TRUTH? Truth I can appreciate, agree with and even relate to? Where are THOSE people? How come THOSE people are not coming to my door inviting me to church, sharing scripture, trying to find out if I really know Jesus?? I don't want men in suits, young boys with back packs and bicycles, I want people at my door letting me know that JESUS IS COMING BACK!

And now my mind is in other places. Now I want to go knock on the doors in my cul-de-sac and make sure no one bought in to what others are saying. Has anyone tried? Has anyone attempted to share the message of Jesus Christ? You know, the SON OF GOD, the SECOND COMING!?

Well, I gotta get ready and get these kids out the door before someone else rings my doorbell! I'm sad now. Maybe it's the emotion of pregnancy, maybe it's me feeling tired and concerned about all of the errands I have to run today. But really I feel sad about the people out there trying to share THEIR news to the world. I NEED TO SHARE MINE because I know it's the only way, the ONLY way to spend an ETERNITY with Jesus!

This is the very first scripture my little three year old memorized and it is so appropriate for what JUST happened! John 14:6 says "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

  posted at 10:34 AM
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen, amen, amen. Why are we, the ones who have the truth, so DARN meek about it. We don't want to offend anyone, we don't want anyone to not like us, or Jesus - the one we represent. But the reality is that even Jesus wasn't voted most popular, most tolerant, least outspoken.
We need to speak it wherever we are.

When running errands I will catechize my kids in the middle of walmart. My daughter will say she likes something and if it happens to not not jive with me, I will not just ignore her or say okay honey. I actually tell her things like : We don't dress like that in our home because it is immodest. God wants us to keep our bodies sacred so we shouldn't be wearing clothes that make us look like trash. God loves us and he loves our bodies and he wants us to know that while dressing cute is great, Jesus died on the cross to protect our purity. We should honor that with our clothing.

Yup, she's three and I am already trying to instill these things in her. In walmart! Or target or wherever! I don't even whisper and I don't stop the cart. So someone in housewares may here a teaching on modesty and Christ's sovereignty in our lives and that is GREAT!!!

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Paula said...

Oh how I wish I was watching Josiah and Avaa Beth right now. Or better yet, I would go with you and we could be crazy together jammin to some tunes. Of course I would listen to you on key and me off.

Be it right or wrong, times like today is when I bring out the big guns. Dum-Dums, goldfish, cheetoes, yogart covered raisins and milk. It keeps Colton very occupied. At some point I won't do that because he'll be old enough to know better or get a spanking. But at 15 months he's not there yet.

I hate when those people come around. They want to sell there beliefs but won't listen to you. It is because they KNOW they are wrong.

Enjoy tomorrow. Call if you need help!! Hey did the package come?

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Rmomof3 said...

I love the new blog - new look!

You're right! We should not be shying away from sharing the most important thing in our lives!

I hope the shower went splendidly!

On another note ~ I love the pictures of your kids at the pumpkin patch! We are headed to one in our area next week!

Blessings!
Renee

 
At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope the day of errands went well. That is always an adventure, huh.

I would also love to watch your kids, but I think Paula is closer than I am.

I get so many people ringing our doorbell during the week...selling something or preaching something. I finally put up a please don't ring the doorbell sign because it seemed to always happen when Megan was napping and she'd wake up. That has helped. I agree that we need to be more bold about sharing our faith. I'm not sure how effective knocking on doors would be? I guess even if it changed one person's life it would be worth it.

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Christy said...

Girl... your are cracking me up! I have related to everything you've said this week. I am sick and tired of finding "alamo" crap on my car every time I hit WM or the Mall! How in the world do they get it out so fast ?!?!? My daddy taught me something at a young age with those kinds of people - I'll give you 15 minutes of MY time to hear you talk about what you believe to be true but you are going to give me 20 minutes of YOUR time when your finished for me to tell you what JESUS SAID to be the TRUTH! They never ever ever ever ever stick around! :0)
You have gotta keep sharing your stories about your kids -- it helps me to think of ways to handle things I am going to have come up in the future! I'd love to have been a fly on a wall today. I hope you had a good afternoon after all and I am sure the baby shower will be a great time! WIsh you were here to make one of mine! :0)

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger uuu said...

For your run in with the unfriendly visitor this AM - YUCK!!!!!!!

I hope your errands went well!! Sounds like a day full of bribes to me - don't worry - I still do it to some extent when I HAVE to take them both!!! :)

Good luck on the shower this weekend!!!!

LOVE YA!

 
At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHOA, back up....dilated to a 3!!! I AM SOOO JEALOUS!!

CB~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name:
Amanda

Location: Austin, Texas


Mommy, Mama, Mandi, Amanda, Babe and whatever else you want to call me! How do I have time to blog with three kids under the age of four? I'm up until midnight and usually later!

My complete profile

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from somethingbeautifulblog. Make your own badge here.
Fashion Statement (My Mom)
Beth Moore
Resonate Community
The Food Network
BibleGateway
Dallas Cowboys


This won't be a popular post!
a journal entry online (basically that's what this...
Our favorite park
Pumpkin Patch 2006
A daily fight to be who I am
Something Beautiful

October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
May 2012

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006

Subscribe with Bloglines



Powered by FeedBlitz


Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: