Thursday, June 21, 2007
Resonate Community Church
In one week, our core team is headed for Houston for something called Basic Training. There will be many other church plants there as well. It will be a full two days of coaching and I absolutely love the guy that teaches it. I've always thought I am good at connecting with people but there are new things I will learn and be coached on that will challenge and expand all that I know. How can I bring others into Resonate Community? How can I be intentional? How can I serve others? How can I get past people's perceptions of "church" and "Christians"? And that's not even half of it! Not only will it be great to learn a lot of new things to take with us as we plant this church, but spending time with our team will be great. I'm a big goof off and I can't wait to laugh and make others laugh that whole weekend. Oh and Jeremy will be taking off work and that is VERY exciting!

For the past two days I have been getting a vision of our church. I've been thinking about Kyle's messages, the music, the kid's stuff, the greeters, etc. We still have a ways to go but I think it is going to happen MUCH sooner than any of us anticipated! A lot of people don't understand because we aren't meeting yet. It's much easier to have your friends and family go online and listen to a message from your church or invite your friends and family to come to church. OR it would be nice to say, "Hey, this is when we are doing our first preview service. Please come!" But, things are starting to pick up and pick up fast. Our team is ready to move to the next level, that's obvious.

Our Pastor, Kyle, is very creative. He has a ton of knowledge and can tell you stories out of the Bible and apply them to daily life like no one I have ever met. We will have conversations about church, people, etc. and he will give an example from the Bible and I am totally blown away. I told him the other day that I can't wait to hear him PREACH! Another thing is his heart. He ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, gives people the benefit of the doubt. And thank goodness for that because I need someone to do that for me a lot! He knows his team so well and he knows how to read all of us a hundred miles away. Unfortunately, he knows a lot of my liabilities too because I've served with him before, but he still wanted me here! :) When he encourages one of us on the team, we tend to light up. He has a way of getting us excited. All of that bragging on him to say this. Or church is going ROCK!

When we first came here, I dealt with a lot of fear. Sometimes I still do. I have not been in leadership in a long time and so I get nervous. Self doubt creeps in and then I crumble. But, I'm starting to feel a lot more free. I've always said that if someone feels loved and valued and NEEDED, they can go miles and miles. Little did I know I was referring to myself. Lately I have been feeling that my team needs me and something about that just makes me full.

Good things, I mean great things are happening in Austin! God is moving!

Labels:


  posted at 1:26 PM
  1 comments



1 Comments:
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Liz Ferguson said...

Sounds exciting! I can't wait to hear more about what God is going to do in and through you guys!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name:
Amanda

Location: Austin, Texas


Mommy, Mama, Mandi, Amanda, Babe and whatever else you want to call me! How do I have time to blog with three kids under the age of four? I'm up until midnight and usually later!

My complete profile

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from somethingbeautifulblog. Make your own badge here.
Fashion Statement (My Mom)
Beth Moore
Resonate Community
The Food Network
BibleGateway
Dallas Cowboys


a husband from the boondocks
Great news from my Dad!
Father's Day with the kids
Dreaming the impossible
Painting/decorating/being a mommy
my internal compass
Happy!
I found myself in You
My heart is full
Just a note

October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
May 2012

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006

Subscribe with Bloglines



Powered by FeedBlitz


Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: