Monday, June 18, 2007
Painting/decorating/being a mommy



Painting, decorating and being a mommy, all three at the same time is pretty interesting! I won't even tell you what happened with Ava Beth and the paint! Thank goodness we were in the kitchen! No, I am not finished yet! But, I decided to go ahead and start hanging pictures. Jeremy will flip out when he finds out I did this without the laser level. I would not be surprised if he re-hung them while I am not looking. Oh sure I could use the laser level but why not do it the old fashion way and just use my eye?! Of course I won't be able to do this with some stuff but I will wait for his help on those.


So here it is! The kitchen paint is done and the color is "Gold Coin" from Wal Mart. The Living area and the half bath is "Hoot Owl" from Wal Mart. I've used Lowe's pain and Home Depo before and Wal Mart is just as good (But, don't get the cheapest. Get the middle brand)! I am really loving the brown. This weekend we are going to make some cornice boards for the windows (Jeremy won't mind. He gets to use his table saw! Any excuse for him to use power tools in the garage!) so, now I have to find some fabric. Oh but this is fun! I love doing all this stuff and I know I will feel a lot better when it's done. For the past two and a half months I have had a huge pile in the corner in my living room filled with pictures and decor that have yet to find their place. Finally, I'm getting it done.

Labels:


  posted at 10:29 AM
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Ruth said...

I'm so excited to see it all coming togather. I know it's going to look beautiful!
If you need any help or just a second opinion on where to hang things let me know.
Hope you have a great day!

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wonderful!!

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Ummm... are you for sale?! Seriously, I wish I had an eye for this stuff, especially since we're getting ready to move into our first house. =) (Are you up for a trip to Colorado?!)

You have an amazing job! I love the colors and the wall prints! Beautiful job!!

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

Looks great!

That is so funny about the level - my husband is the same way!

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Gwen said...

The colors are beautiful!

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Liz Ferguson said...

Good job! I love the colors. I painted my kitchen (in the house we are renting)the same color and it makes me so happy! It is so bright and cheerful. And I have some coffee pictures hung on the wall...looks like we have similar taste. Painting really helps make it feel more like your own place, that is so important to do!

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Looks really good!! I love the colors.

Blessings~
Karen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name:
Amanda

Location: Austin, Texas


Mommy, Mama, Mandi, Amanda, Babe and whatever else you want to call me! How do I have time to blog with three kids under the age of four? I'm up until midnight and usually later!

My complete profile

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from somethingbeautifulblog. Make your own badge here.
Fashion Statement (My Mom)
Beth Moore
Resonate Community
The Food Network
BibleGateway
Dallas Cowboys


my internal compass
Happy!
I found myself in You
My heart is full
Just a note
Summer is here!
Oh the Bob Armstrong dip!
A Shirazzy night!
Choose your blend
Must share

October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
May 2012

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006

Subscribe with Bloglines



Powered by FeedBlitz


Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: