Monday, March 19, 2007
For sure, for sure!
When Jeremy told me what He felt like the Lord was calling him do, I was shocked. The shock did not come from me thinking he was crazy. Instead, the shock came because what Jeremy was feeling in his heart was exactly what I felt in my own. I think that is incredible! God is so amazing in His ways. Without us knowing it, God was working on our hearts to prepare us for one of the biggest decisions and changes in our lives. He knew we needed to be unified. If Jeremy and I were not in agreement, the road would be long. During this process, we spoke to someone much older than us. He knows our background, he knows what's been going on in our lives as we have sat out from "corporate worship". He knows how much we have been trying to discern God's will for our lives in that area. After we shared what we felt like the Lord was leading us to do, he said some things that brought more confirmation. "As long as you and Jeremy are unified, nothing else matters. If you have to play salesman to one another, it's not right." So that night, Jeremy and I sat down on our bed and asked one another some tough questions. We even went into our closet, got on our knees and prayed. That night when we went to bed, we KNEW. We knew that we had BOTH heard from God and that it was time to be obedient and not count the cost!

This week I plan on sharing a lot with all of you that read this little blog. I will finally tell you what we are about to do. It's exciting! And I can say for me that I have never been more sure of anything than when I met Jeremy and knew he would be my husband. There are times when you have to step out and not know "for sure, for sure" until stepping out. This time we will step out and know "for sure, for sure", that this is what we are supposed to do.

It's a new beginning!

And here are a few new songs I have added to my play list!


Next Year by the Foo Fighters
(This was the theme song to my favorite show of all times, "Ed". I wish this show was still on t.v. I love Tom Cavanaugh and Julie Bowen. Oh how I hope to someday live in Stuckeyville!)

Somewhere North by Caedmon's Call
(This song has special meaning for me. I first heard it during a rough time back in my single days. And today it brings comfort again!)

All Things New by Steven Curtis Chapman
(Great lyrics and this song has really been speaking to me over the past few days.)

Stranded by Plumb
(I love this band and I love this girl's voice.)

My Hero by Foo Fighters
(One of our favorite shows is Heroes on Monday nights. If they have not used this song on the show, THEY SHOULD! This song is really cool.)

Go West Young Man by Michael W. Smith
(Every time I think of this song, I think of my days at the baptist church camps. I thought about this song over the weekend. It's perfect for what we are going through.)

Trust by Sixpence None The Richer

(I was nineteen years old when I first heard this song. I sing it from time to time when I am doing stuff around the house. Some of the best songs are ones that just have scripture. We all need to be reminded of Proverbs 3:5-6.)

Nothing left to lose by Mat Kearney
(I have been hearing this song on the radio and now thanks to a friend, I know what it is called and who sings it.)

Undeniable by Mat Kearney
(What a cool song!)

Shifting Sand by Caedmon's Call
(I would really, really, really like to sing this song someday. I can relate to the words so much.)

Fatherless and The Widow by Sixpence None The Richer
(Another song I heard when I was nineteen. It's the title song of the album. I like the bass guitar in this song.)

Labels:


  posted at 12:23 PM
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Gwen said...

Okay...now you are just teasing us!!!!! LOL!!!!!!

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger mommyofangels said...

The suspense is killing me... Can't wait to read more.

 
At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waiting to hear the good news...

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger V. said...

you are a master (er, is that mistress) of suspense..!!!!

Can't wait.

V.

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Ok, I just gotta say, you have me on the edge of my seat! I'll be checking in every day to hear your news! I just love it when God is working in a couple's life this way, it gives me goosebumps.

 
At 4:35 AM, Blogger Kate said...

i'm anxiously waiting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name:
Amanda

Location: Austin, Texas


Mommy, Mama, Mandi, Amanda, Babe and whatever else you want to call me! How do I have time to blog with three kids under the age of four? I'm up until midnight and usually later!

My complete profile

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from somethingbeautifulblog. Make your own badge here.
Fashion Statement (My Mom)
Beth Moore
Resonate Community
The Food Network
BibleGateway
Dallas Cowboys


Step into the water
PART II Warning signs
Part I Warning signs
Ching-a-ring chaw!
How can you step out in faith? How?
enough for one day
Amanda's playlist
We knew then and we know now!
birth
Vacation week

October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
May 2012

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006

Subscribe with Bloglines



Powered by FeedBlitz


Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: