Wednesday, March 14, 2007
enough for one day
Almost two years ago, Jeremy went to meet with a guy for some mentoring. Jeremy was at a point where he really felt like God was calling him away from UPS. It seemed extremely scary to Jeremy. At that time he had been there for twelve years and had not been on a job interview since. But deep down he knew that he was not happy. I encouraged him to meet with an older man. I felt that this man could give him encouragement. When they met, Jeremy explained that he felt like God was wanting him to leave UPS and do something totally different. He knew God wanted him to have more time with his family and that money was not something Jeremy needed to put all of his hope in. During that time I was encouraging Jeremy to heed the voice of God and come up with a plan (with God's help) to leave UPS. I specifically told him that God did not want him to wake up someday at fifty years old and hate his job. It is not God's will for Jeremy to count the years until retirement. He does not have to live under the curse of working by the sweat of his brow! NO!

While he met with the Christian, older man, I prayed that Jeremy would walk away renewed and excited about the future. Instead, he left even more beat down than he already was. The man told him he would be crazy to leave his job. He told him it would be irresponsible. He even told Jeremy that he did not like his own job but since he had been there for twenty years, he would tough it out. After that meeting, I saw my husband become extremely depressed. One month later, he was injured. As I prayed for him, I truly felt like the Lord was allowing him to get to the bottom so he would make a change. Sometimes that is the only way we will step out in faith. But Jeremy continued and talked himself into staying and making it work. The twelve hour days, the beat down body, the anguish of the day to day job began to take a toll. I continued to tell Jeremy something over and over again. "Jeremy, UPS is not your destiny. God has something MUCH bigger for you."

Well, the time has come. He is stepping out. Yes, he just got a promotion but he will not be taking it. Instead, he is trusting the Lord with everything and starting over. It hasn't happened yet but since he has made the decision, he has changed. He even looks different to me. I told his sister today that when she sees him, she will be amazed at how much joy and life she sees in his face.

I have found out, especially over the past week, that fellow Christians can beat you down. We say we are children of God, we say we have faith, but do we really? Some would say my husband is insane for doing what he is about to do. Some think he is irresponsible and ignorant for walking away. But I think he is amazing! I truly believe that the definition of a man is someone that can trust the Lord with everything and walk in faith. Not many are willing to do that! My husband is my hero! I am so proud of him and I know that we are going to be blessed because he has said yes to God. His cup will be spilling over and it will fall all over me, Josiah, Ava Beth and Ezekiel.

The Lord told the Israelites (Exodus 16) to gather enough manna for ONE day. Not a week, not a month, but ONE day. I feel like God is doing the same in our lives. We don't know what's going to happen next month, next year or even tomorrow. But we are going to trust Jesus and gather enough manna for ONE day.

(I still have HUGE news to share with you but I still have to wait until we have shared it with all of our family. I am busting at the seams right now. I want to tell you but I can't. Soon, it will be soon! This news of Jeremy's job is only HALF of what God is doing!)

Labels:


  posted at 4:25 PM
  14 comments



14 Comments:
At 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's amazing! He will be blessed because of his faith, and that is huge! Faith is hard to come by for a lot of people, so just keep standing firm!

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger V. said...

waiting with baited breath...!!!

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Wow!!! I am so excited to hear everything! It is so thrilling to hear of these huge steps you are taking in faith... what an inspiration!

 
At 6:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh the suspense!

I'm glad to hear the how excited you are. Jeremy is lucky to have you backing him up. Putting your full faith and trust in God is sometimes hard, but He won't let you down!

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Annie said...

I love a good suspense story, especially if it is non-fiction :)
It sounds like God is really working in your lives and that is wonderful! I have had first hand experience with fellow 'believers' attempting to steal my joy. Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not yet seen! I see Izzy walking. You see what God is showing you. Isn't it awesome to let go and trust God fully?
Can't wait for the sequel...
blessings~
Annie

 
At 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl, got your email and I am going to call you -- will try and call you mid morning tomorrow.... I have been so busy and meeting myself coming and going... talk to you soon! I have gotta share this with my Jeremy so he can be praying !! I know what you mean about him being your hero - I feel the same about my husband.. I am also so thankful God has prepared you to suppoert him in ALL he does especially when it comes to being led of God and stepping out on faith. So many women today undermind and put limits to what the husband can do. I see it alot... I know you know what I mean when I say there is nothing more precious than being in Gods will and nothing more miserable than being out of it. I don't know what God is doing just yet but I know over the year and a half we have been getting to know each other that not only has God been preparing Jeremy but he has done awesome things in you !!Behind every GODLY man is a GODLY woman !!! Be sure your toes are painted --- God is fixing to bless your socks off :0) AND once again God uses you to bless me -- we walk by faith daily and we live by faith day to day ESPECIALLY when it comes to finances but there is no price to doing Gods will and a soul !!!

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Kate said...

this is just so wonderful to read. i am proud and happy for you! and i can't wait to hear the news... are you prego with #4!!!!??!! (i'm kinda kidding here, but i know how you would just love to have just one more!) ;) (that's a big wink there!)

 
At 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, the Spirit is a-movin'!!!

I am praying for you continually and I hope that that comes as some sort of encouragement for you!

I know what you mean about leap-of-faith. We are right there with you!!

Walking in trust...

 
At 5:47 AM, Blogger uuu said...

I can't wait to hear the FULL STORY of what God is doing in your lives - but I am sure it is SOMETHING GOD-SIZED!!! I too am thrilled to hear you backing Jeremy up - so many women DOUBT their husbands - but we are called to be their helpers. We are to uplift them!! You've NO DOUBT that Jeremy's heart is in God - not in things of this world and that gives you a great peace -- I imagine!

The suspense is a killer --- but I'll be checking back to see the ...rest of the story! :)

(((Hugs)))

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Annie said...

Amanda, you won the contest!
I need to know where to mail the dvd.
Congratulations~
Annie

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Gwen said...

WOW! God is so at work in people all around me! Congratulations on all the wonderful blessings God is filling your lives with! I'm so happy for you! I can't wait to hear exactly what is up! It sounds very exciting! Tell already!!! LOL!!!! ;)

 
At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know several men who have walked away from fabulous paying jobs with prestige that they didn't enjoy to lower paying jobs that they enjoyed, so that they could spend more time with their families. My husband is one. I call them courageous and admire them greatly! When I used to read that parents should save $100,000 for each child to go to college and $1,000,000 should be saved for retirement, I used to panic. You're right, the Lord says we must trust him for provisions just for this day. We're not foolish or frivolous with what he gives us. I'm not banking on the future; I'm banking on the present. Will pray for God's continued guidance in your lives.

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Borbe Bunch said...

Praise God!!...HE alone is working in your lives.
All praise to Him.
What you wrote has encouraged me...ONE day at a time.
Thank you.
Your sister in Christ,
Liz

 
At 1:50 AM, Blogger Christina said...

It sounds like your family is "stepping out of the boat" and totally trusting God to guide and lead your steps. How amazing is that!!!!! I'm so excited to hear....the rest of the story. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name:
Amanda

Location: Austin, Texas


Mommy, Mama, Mandi, Amanda, Babe and whatever else you want to call me! How do I have time to blog with three kids under the age of four? I'm up until midnight and usually later!

My complete profile

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from somethingbeautifulblog. Make your own badge here.
Fashion Statement (My Mom)
Beth Moore
Resonate Community
The Food Network
BibleGateway
Dallas Cowboys


Amanda's playlist
We knew then and we know now!
birth
Vacation week
It's all about me!
Ava Beth
Time to start running!
nothing to write, nothing!
more pictures!
A cup of coffee and bowl of oatmeal

October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
May 2012

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006

Subscribe with Bloglines



Powered by FeedBlitz


Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: