Monday, March 12, 2007
We knew then and we know now!
It was February 27th, 2001. Jeremy and I had only been dating for two weeks when I decided to share something with a friend. "I love Jeremy. I know we have only known one another for two weeks but I know that I love him." I distinctly remember the look on her face as I shared. After saying something so crazy, I figured she would tell me I lost my mind but, she didn't. So I decided to explain a little further. "I think it's too early for me to have fallen in love with him because we hardly know each other but I can't explain what's going on inside of me except that I know I love him. It's like I am supposed to love him. I am meant to love him."

The love I knew I was feeling was quite different than anything I had ever felt before. It felt right, it felt safe, it felt ordained. I was not about to explain it to Jeremy. If what I was feeling in my spirit was right, Jeremy would feel it too. So I prayed for confirmation. I prayed that the Lord would confirm this love I was feeling. After having the conversation with my friend, I headed over to Jeremy's apartment to meet him for a Bible Study. I can't remember what the Bible Study was about that night but I do remember what happen afterwards. Jeremy and I were sitting on his couch and he grabbed my hand, held it tight and said there was something he needed to tell me. "Amanda, I love you. I know we have only known each other for two weeks but I know that I love you. I know that I am supposed to love you. You are the one I am to love." Instantly my eyes were filled with tears. I told him that I loved him too and we stared at each other in shock. We both knew what it meant. We both knew that God had finally answered our prayers. We both knew that we were meant to be husband and wife. Two weeks and we knew. Two and a half months later, we were engaged. Three and a half months later, we were husband and wife.

Since it happened so fast there were many of our close friends and family that had doubts. They couldn't understand the fast courtship, engagement and marriage. We even had a family member ask if I was pregnant. It wasn't until that question that I realized how crazy we must of looked to everyone. I wasn't pregnant and we had made the commitment to not have sex until we were married. And since we got married so fast, that commitment wasn't so hard to keep! The same family member that asked if I was pregnant tried to talk us into a longer engagement. She explained that we hardly knew one another and that we needed to take it slow. She felt that we were acting out of emotion and not true love and commitment. Jeremy and I both figured out quickly that many would not understand. We decided to not try and convince others of our love but allow them to sit back and watch. At times it was difficult to hear the opinions but it was totally worth it. Even though many were skeptical, we knew it was a God thing and nothing was going to get in the way of that.

Part of the big shock for those close to Jeremy had to do with them knowing his personality. You see, I am married to steady Eddie! He is not wishy washy. He is not fickle. He is slow to make decisions and it takes him a long time to process things. But one thing I have learned through the years about my husband is that when he has heard from God, he moves. He doesn't calculate too much, he moves. He doesn't ask for every one's opinion, he moves. He doesn't allow himself to doubt or question because he TRUSTS. That kind of faith has been poured into my life by him. I'm not afraid to take a risk but Jeremy has taught me how to do it and trust God at the same time. I love that about my husband. We are a good team, no doubt.

Jeremy and I had to have a lot of faith to get married as quick as we did. At times it was tough. Regardless of how long you have known your spouse, we all know marriage is tough. I truly believe that marriage brings about healing and deliverance in many ways. A bride and groom have no idea what marriage is going to be like. You can't possibly know the conflict that will come or possibly understand how hard it can be at times. You are under the microscope 24/7 and you live with a sinner 24/7 and he lives with a sinner 24/7. With two sinners, there's bound to be some sinnin' going on! And even though the road can be tough, there is no greater road to travel. Marriage is the best thing you will ever do!

And now we are another fast pace journey. People will say we are crazy. People will say we need more time. People will say all kinds of things that are logical, things that make sense. They will say smart things, intelligent things. But they will be lacking something very important. Faith.

On March 8th,2007 my husband and I experienced another moment like we did on February 27, 2001. It was a moment we had in complete unison. It was a God stop. A moment where we looked at each other and knew what the other was thinking. We knew it was time to step out in faith and go with God. The only frightening part was that we weren't frightened! Instead, we were excited. We are still excited! Throughout our marriage God has been preparing us for this moment. He has been preparing us so much that we know it is not a sudden thing. It's something we know we are supposed to do. It's something we were meant to do. Over the last few days, the Holy Spirit has been reminding us of that moment when we fell in love. Most of those around us did not understand, even to the point of wondering if I was pregnant. Ha! Well, here we go again. Most will wonder whether or not we have lost our minds but some will be blessed by our willingness. Others will see us as a testimony. So that is my prayer. I pray that God can use us to show you how BIG our God really is. I pray that He can use us to show you how to step out in faith and trust Him for your EVERY need. I pray that He can use our new beginning to bring you to yours.

It was 2001 when we first knew that God had big plans for us as a couple and just the other day, He reminded us again. We knew then and we know now!

And in due time, I will share the details. I won't try to prove that our decision is a God thing, I will just let you sit back and see that for yourself!

Romans 4:21
being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised.

Hebrews 10:38 32-39
Remember those early days after you first saw the light? Those were the hard times! Kicked around in public, targets of every kind of abuse—some days it was you, other days your friends. If some friends went to prison, you stuck by them. If some enemies broke in and seized your goods, you let them go with a smile, knowing they couldn't touch your real treasure. Nothing they did bothered you, nothing set you back. So don't throw it all away now. You were sure of yourselves then. It's still a sure thing! But you need to stick it out, staying with God's plan so you'll be there for the promised completion.

1 Chronicles 2-17: 23-24 16-27
King David went in, took his place before God, and prayed:
Who am I, my Master God, and what is my family, that you have brought me to this place in life? But that's nothing compared to what's coming, for you've also spoken of my family far into the future, given me a glimpse into tomorrow and looked on me, Master God, as a Somebody. What's left for David to say to this—to your honoring your servant, even though you know me, just as I am? O God, out of the goodness of your heart, you've taken your servant to do this great thing and put your great work on display. There's none like you, God, no God but you, nothing to compare with what we've heard with our own ears. And who is like your people, like Israel, a nation unique on earth, whom God set out to redeem as his own people (and became most famous for it), performing great and fearsome acts, throwing out nations and their gods left and right as you saved your people from Egypt? You established for yourself a people—your very own Israel!—your people forever. And you, God, became their God.

So now, great God, this word that you have spoken to me and my family, guarantee it forever! Do exactly what you've promised! Then your reputation will be confirmed and flourish always as people exclaim, "The God-of-the-Angel-Armies, the God over Israel, is Israel's God!" And the house of your servant David will remain rock solid under your watchful presence. You, my God, have told me plainly, "I will build you a house." That's how I was able to find the courage to pray this prayer to you. God, being the God you are, you have spoken all these wonderful words to me. As if that weren't enough, you've blessed my family so that it will continue in your presence always. Because you have blessed it, God, it's really blessed—blessed for good!

Labels:


  posted at 12:30 AM
  9 comments



9 Comments:
At 6:09 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

Wow! I am so excited to see what God has in store for you and where your faith is leading you. Your story inspires me!

 
At 6:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always LOVED the story of you and Jeremy. God is creative...and he reveals that part of His character in awesome ways. We each have our own story. I pray we can appreciate His creativeness in how He does things, reveals things to others instead of tearing each other down because it's not "the norm." I love you both! I believe in you both! We have walked this path of faith together for A LONG TIME...and I will continue to walk it with you! Know that you are covered in prayer and I can't wait to watch this next chapter unfold. I KNOW God will be glorified!

Love you TONS!
Kelly Ann

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger V. said...

Can't wait to hear about the journey !

Sorry, I've not been around blog-dom quite so much. I've been processing alot of stuff and believe that God is moving mightily for us here too. I can't wait to share our story with you.

God Bless your steps today,

V.

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger mommyofangels said...

How exciting. Can't wait to hear the details.

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Christina said...

Ahhhhh...I read and read got to the bottom and I still have to wait to hear all the details. It's killing me. lol But it's worth the wait! I'm excited for you and your family. Can't wait to hear all about it!

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Christy said...

girl your killing me.... I am dying to hear.... can't wait.. I keep thinking, Is Jeremy answering the call to preach ? Are you guys going to be foster parents ? Are you starting a mission ? I am dying here !!! :0)

 
At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, whatever it is I am sure you guys will be blessed. One thing I have found is that ever since I finally went back to school to do what I believe God has called me to do - I have been so at peace! It is amazing - I mean things are hard at times don't get me wrong - life is not perfect - but, knowing you are on the right track, and doing what God has called you to do, is such a great feeling!
Can't wait to hear details too ;o))
Nancy

 
At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

watching to see what has been revealed...

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Kate said...

God is SOOO good. I can't wait to hear! (and I never for one second thought your were ever crazy!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name:
Amanda

Location: Austin, Texas


Mommy, Mama, Mandi, Amanda, Babe and whatever else you want to call me! How do I have time to blog with three kids under the age of four? I'm up until midnight and usually later!

My complete profile

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from somethingbeautifulblog. Make your own badge here.
Fashion Statement (My Mom)
Beth Moore
Resonate Community
The Food Network
BibleGateway
Dallas Cowboys


birth
Vacation week
It's all about me!
Ava Beth
Time to start running!
nothing to write, nothing!
more pictures!
A cup of coffee and bowl of oatmeal
willing
Church and so much more

October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
May 2012

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006

Subscribe with Bloglines



Powered by FeedBlitz


Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: