Tuesday, February 27, 2007
A cup of coffee and bowl of oatmeal
This morning I do not take my hot cup of coffee and warm bowl of oatmeal for granted, not even for a second. It's more than just a cup of coffee or a bowl of oatmeal, it's much more. As I sip my cup of coffee and eat my oatmeal while checking emails, I realize how blessed I am. Josiah and Ava Beth are in their rooms playing, Ezekiel is taking a morning nap and I just loaded the dryer with a load of clothes. Just hearing the laughs of the kids or the screams, hearing the sound of the air purifier in the baby monitor and hearing the buttons of the jeans hitting the inside of the dryer as it runs, happens to be music to my ear.

At times the day to day is frustrating. For I wish I could jump in the car all by myself and head to the mall! At times it seems that all I do is referee between my four year old and two year old. For I wish they could get along for an entire day without one disagreement! At times marriage can be so difficult. For it's nothing like what's in the movies! At times it seems the laundry is never caught up and the truth is, it isn't. At times I think taking care of my three children is the most difficult thing I have ever done in my life. Well, it is. But this is still the greatest life ever!

I will never get over it. I will never get over the fact that I am living my dream. It is impossible for me to forget those days of living alone as a single adult and wondering if I will ever be married or have children. In about four weeks I will turn thirty one years old and still it seems like that twenty-four year old girl waiting on her dreams to come true was just yesterday. I can't even imagine my life without my husband, he is my best friend. And what on earth did I do with myself before there was Josiah, Ava Beth and Ezekiel? I'm guessing I slept a lot. Sleeping was once one of my favorite things to do!

Quite often I will look around and think to myself, "Wow. I am really here. This is the family I dreamt of my whole life." After growing up the way I did, after living in a home with so much pain and heartache, after watching my Dad drink years and years of his life away, I can't help but stand amazed at how my life has turned out. The nights and nights I prayed and cried out to the Lord as a young girl, asking Him to give me a normal family. Even then I could hear His voice telling me that my prayers would be answered in ways that I never imagined. The years I felt unloved, insignificant and ugly, I never thought the life I have now was even possible.

How blessed I am to actually be living my dream. Not very many people in this world get to see their dreams become reality but I have. I am doing everything I have always wanted to do and the best is yet to come. My friend Kathy tells me that God is not finished with me, He's got more dreams to fulfill. She said, "You still got stuff in layaway!" And she's right, there's more!

You see it's not just any cup of coffee or any bowl of oatmeal. It's a cup of coffee I can sip in my beautiful home with my beautiful family. It's a bowl of oatmeal that fills me up in ways I can't even describe. It's a dream come true and I'm never going to stop thanking God for it.

Thank you Jesus for saving my life and bringing me out of so much pain. Thank you for this dream come true.

Labels:


  posted at 10:44 AM
  12 comments



12 Comments:
At 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Precious blog, Amanda!

For as much as we complain about our husbands and/or the kids, we could (and should) spend a hundred times that praising God for giving them to us!!!

Thanks for the perspective...

I love you,
Tiff :)

 
At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is really beautiful.

Love ya,

Jessica

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Kate said...

There's a million blessings right in front of us and we miss out on them so much every day. Thank you for this beautiful reminder. I preach it to my kids too much on how good we have it, when I should be preaching more to myself how awesome I've got it - thanks be all to our Lord who abundantly blesses us every day - even through pain! HUGS to you!

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger uuu said...

Awesome perspective on life....I too love my life and often take for granted the fact that my dream was once to simply have a family. My childhood was also difficult and left behind painful memories. The most deep desire of my heart is to give my children a different kind of memory -- ones of REAL FAMILY!!!

The rough days, yes, they are rough - but the sweet moments sure do cover a multitude of rough days!!!!

Love you -- and I LOVE your spirit!!!

 
At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOD IS GOOD! Thanks for the reminder to stop in between the loads of laundry and thank Him for all that He has given me. I want to praise Him in the good and the bad.
We really are showered with grace!

 
At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an awesome email of thanksgiving! You are truely blessed and have good perspective on things. Thanks for sharing with others about the importance of "taking inventory" and being thankful!

 
At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just talking about this the other day...I prayed and prayed to find a husband and that my baby would be happy and healthy and when all my prayers were answered I forget to say thank you...I spent so much time in prayer thanking him for all he has done in my life...I couldn't imagine it getting any better...I love you..and what are you doing saturday night?
Cara~

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger V. said...

laundry...I get it...

Thanks for the great post! I needed reminding today.

V.

 
At 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do understand about thinking "wow I'm really here". I was just thinking that this past week.

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Christy said...

This is a great post and I too am never caught up on my laundry. it is the simple things that bring the greatest blessings!

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

I needed this tonight. Thank you.

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger Gwen said...

Thank you for that post! It is awesome to realize our dreams and thank the Lord!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name:
Amanda

Location: Austin, Texas


Mommy, Mama, Mandi, Amanda, Babe and whatever else you want to call me! How do I have time to blog with three kids under the age of four? I'm up until midnight and usually later!

My complete profile

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from somethingbeautifulblog. Make your own badge here.
Fashion Statement (My Mom)
Beth Moore
Resonate Community
The Food Network
BibleGateway
Dallas Cowboys


willing
Church and so much more
Zeke
Because I am feeling sentimental
I'm okay
needing some prayer
Here's my guts
My beautiful Valentine!
Ezekiel is three weeks old today!
Anointed

October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
May 2012

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006

Subscribe with Bloglines



Powered by FeedBlitz


Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: