Friday, February 23, 2007
Church and so much more
It has been quite the week. There is so much I want to write about but I don't even know where to begin. God has been working in my life in a huge way and I look forward to sharing it with you. But I have not been meditating on His word like I should be and I am not going to share it until I have done that. I have been going through a very difficult time this week in regards to my MIND and dealing with FEAR. It doesn't help when you are totally exhausted and trying to take care of a four year old, two year old and one month old. Someone is ALWAYS hungry or needing me and while I love being the center of every one's attention, I am empty and need refueling.

Jeremy is an amazing husband and father, that is for sure. He helps me so much and tonight is my night to sleep ALL NIGHT. Ahhhhh. When he gets home each night, he helps me with everything. I am so blessed to have a husband like that and I do not know what I would do if I was married to someone that did not do all the things Jeremy does. Now that we have three children, I am really realizing how hard it is to make time for one another. I am praying daily that the Lord can help me to focus on my husband and make sure he is taken care of in every way, even when I am tired, feeling ugly and so on.

This week was a week of trials for me and Jeremy both. But the good news is, I know why.The enemy hates to see us blessed! Jeremy has been promoted at his job. He has worked for UPS for thirteen years and this promotion is well deserved and a must in order for Jeremy's back to heal. With this promotion comes a raise too! There will be a big adjustment period because of the hours and he has a lot of training and tests to take but I am confident he will do great!

Tomorrow night we are going to church. Yes, that's right we are finally going to church. After seven months of taking a break and trying to understand what God was teaching us, we know it is time to step up to the plate. We are not totally excited about going back to a "church" setting but we are being obedient right now to the Lord, so we must. To be honest, we are visiting a church that I would not normally choose. There are things I am not sure about and my flesh has had to surrender for the past month as the Holy Spirit has been leading us in our spirits to go there. I am excited that they have a Saturday night service, I am excited for the kids and I am excited to go and be filled up. Tomorrow night I will walk through the doors of that church expecting to be filled. Right now I feel so empty in every possible way. Much of it has to do with having a baby only one month ago and some of it has to do with the enemy throwing some vicious darts my way. I have had nothing to fight with. I've been battling with nothing. Since I know that the Lord has told us to visit this church, I am excited to see what He has up His sleeve. He is doing a new thing in our lives and I am really excited and WILLING.

Please continue to pray for us. As always, thanks for coming here and reading my thoughts. I am so blessed by all of you.

And I want to say thank you to a very special friend, Kathy, who spoke into my life this week in an incredible way. Thank you for being honest with me and thank you for praying for me. The Holy Spirit used you last night to truly renew my spirit. Diana, thank you for ALWAYS speaking the truth and reminding me of God's promises. You are teaching me so much about God's power because I see it all over you.

Labels:


  posted at 8:00 PM
  5 comments



5 Comments:
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Christy said...

again, and awesome post. I hope that what you have been experiencing you share! I pray it is something I can learn from. I have had a week from heck trying to make a decision about something and FEAR is my worst enemy right now. I am sick, sick and tired of being controlled by it. Pray for me!

 
At 5:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Jeremy! I'm so glad to hear he got the promotion.

I know what you mean about it being hard to make time for each other. I always think about how blessed I am in that because if I worked full-time, it would be even harder.

I look forward to hearing more about the church you went to and all that God is teaching you right now.

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger Annie said...

Your hands are definately full right now. They grow up so quickly and become more and more independent. It amazes me how fast time goes by.
I read your entry about finding a church or going to church. I can really relate to that. Since Izzy's accident we have struggled with where we should be. Our faith has grown and changed and we don't quite fit in the very conservative church I was raised in. Anyway, I will pray that you are filled to the brim with God's love and that your experience is a wonderful one.
blessings~
Annie

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

I will be praying for your heart and mind tonight as you take those scary steps into church. Its sometimes hard obeying God, especially when it scares us to death! But those are also the times that are truly rewarded too. I'll be thinking of you...

 
At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda! This is such an exciting time. I am thrilled for you and Jeremy. You are such wonderful people. I really pray that this job works out better than you guys could have ever expected.

AND knowing about your journey with the church situation, I am confident God will lead the way... I can't wait to hear about the results!

I love you Girl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name:
Amanda

Location: Austin, Texas


Mommy, Mama, Mandi, Amanda, Babe and whatever else you want to call me! How do I have time to blog with three kids under the age of four? I'm up until midnight and usually later!

My complete profile

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from somethingbeautifulblog. Make your own badge here.
Fashion Statement (My Mom)
Beth Moore
Resonate Community
The Food Network
BibleGateway
Dallas Cowboys


Zeke
Because I am feeling sentimental
I'm okay
needing some prayer
Here's my guts
My beautiful Valentine!
Ezekiel is three weeks old today!
Anointed
My home is a sanctuary
Parenting

October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
May 2012

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006

Subscribe with Bloglines



Powered by FeedBlitz


Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: