Monday, February 05, 2007
Anointed
There are church services, moments of worship and people that are truly anointed. I will never forget a worship service I had at church several years ago. During the worship, the air was thick and I could barely move. The only thing I could do was cry. Unable to stand up, I sat in the pew and wept. The power that morning of the Holy Spirit was like nothing I had ever experienced before. I remember wanting time to stop. I did not want the music to end. The goose bumps I encountered that morning had nothing to do with how "good" the music was or the how great the worship leader was. On this particular morning, it was obvious that someone had spent a great deal of time praying for the service because every part of it was anointed. I even remember walking in before the service started and feeling like I was going to cry. I could not hold back the tears, no matter how hard I tried.

Over the weekend, we rented the moving Facing The Giants. As I watched this movie, I was instantly reminded of the incredible worship service I mentioned above. Just as the worship service was one where I was unable to do anything but cry, the same happened to me as I watched this movie. It touched me in ways that I can't even put into words. The music, the simple actors(non actors), the story line, everything about it spoke to me. Facing The Giants is an anointed movie. The acting isn't out of this world, there isn't any effects or incredible creativity. The movie is very simple. But this movie is one I will never forget because of it's message.

Since joining this blogging world about a year and a half ago, I have met some great friends. I have read some amazing posts and seen creativity at it's best. I have seen how much pride a woman takes in her blog and how much she puts into writing her very best for the world to see. I have seen perfect grammar, eloquent vocabularies and amazing story telling. But I have also seen the simple. Simple words, bad grammar (you will find that on my site a lot), misspelled words and other imperfections. And some of you out there really stress about not being able to articulate exactly how you are feeling when it comes to writing on your blog. This morning I thought about the life changing worship service I was a part of, the movie I just watched and my blog.

Some of the most simple writing out there is the writing that ministers to me the most. You don't have a fancy blog design, blog title or sidebar full of awards. It's just you, in the raw, sharing your heart and encouraging me to be a Godly woman. You are anointed and it's obvious. It's your writing that speaks to me, ministers to me and makes me cry. Thanks for being so vulnerable and showing others how to love Jesus. Your sweet and humble spirit is refreshing, challenging and such a gift. I am so blessed to have such amazing women in my life through this thing called a blog.

I am finding that the blog world is just like our everyday world. Some people drive a Cadillac, while others just drive a Ford. Some people make six figures while most of us don't. Some have a whole bunch of friends while others have a few. Some have extravagant homes, some don't. It doesn't really matter, does it? God can use anyone! As we serve our husband and children and take care of our homes, we can make a difference. I may be changing diapers all day, folding laundry and cooking suppers but I also find great joy in my blog. And I pray that everything I do will be anointed. When people come into my home, I pray that they will feel God's power while here and I pray the same goes for my blog. I pray the words I type will be filled with God's love. I pray my blog will be anointed. Blog awards, blog design and the amount of comments mean nothing. It's not about me and so often I need reminding. Since this blog is so important to me and something I enjoy, I give it back to Him. I truly pray that God can use me to minister to those needing hope. I pray that He can use me and my experiences to show others how to find freedom!

Psalm 19:14 May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight,O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

  posted at 2:47 PM
  8 comments



8 Comments:
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

I love reading your blog, and I do believe God has anointed your writings to minister to women in so many ways. I am comforted and encouraged reading about your passion for raising your family... I am a work from home mommy whose greatest desire has always been to be a stay at home mommy. Even now that my girls are in school, home is truly where my heart is and I pray every day that God will show us the way to make my dream of being home full time a reality. When so many complain about caring for their children it is so refreshing to hear your appreciation for the gift of being a mommy and homemaker. You honor God by loving your family, and it truly inspires me.
Keep writing- you have a lot of great stuff to share!

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Betty's Loosing Race said...

Thanks for this post. I read your blog ocassionally, but this is the first time I left a comment.

I agree with what you wrote and I needed to hear this today. I have been discouraged with my blog and some other issues and I needed this today. So thank you!

May the Lord continue to use you!

~Betty~

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger V. said...

Nice observations!

V.

 
At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been wanting to see that movie.

I completely agree about the blog thing. Mine definitely is not a Cadiallac, yet I know God can use it. Just as He can use us as we are right now. That is so exciting to me!

I, too, appreciate your blog and your heart for your family. You are a great mother!

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Paula said...

I am so glad you got to see the movie. we WILL have to talk tomorrow.

Thank you for being so honest and real. It is refreshing. I cherish our taks together!!

 
At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blog for a while now, but never commented. I understand your need to be humble, but believe me your blog is anointed. It is obvious that your live your life for God's glory and it shows in your words. Thank you for sharing your life and your ministry. God is doing good things through you. I also watched Facing the Giants this weekend. If you can get past the amature acting, the message is amazing. I wish there were more movies like that.

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger Borbe Bunch said...

I love your heart and honesty.
We have been loaned the movie and have yet to watch it, I want to.
Thanks for allowing God to USE you here in blogland :) To God be the glory!
Your sister in Christ...loving and learning,
Liz

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger uuu said...

We are planning to watch this movie this weekend - I was already excited, but now, I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Girl - everytime you post I look forward to seeing how you work into your main topic - you are definitely annointed. I cannot wait until the day you inform all of us that you are going to be ministering to women ALL OVER THE WORLD from a stage other than your blog.

Your heart is pure, your love is real and your desire to please Christ is so evident! You have ministered to me in ways you'll never know --

I thank God for putting you in my path! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name:
Amanda

Location: Austin, Texas


Mommy, Mama, Mandi, Amanda, Babe and whatever else you want to call me! How do I have time to blog with three kids under the age of four? I'm up until midnight and usually later!

My complete profile

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from somethingbeautifulblog. Make your own badge here.
Fashion Statement (My Mom)
Beth Moore
Resonate Community
The Food Network
BibleGateway
Dallas Cowboys


My home is a sanctuary
Parenting
Pastor Cleetus
Can I delete my last post?
Life with three
Nominated for an award?
We did it!
Ezekiel, Zeke, Bubby!
I know I should be sleeping but...
Prayer request for the new mommy of THREE

October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
May 2012

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006

Subscribe with Bloglines



Powered by FeedBlitz


Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: