Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Life with three

The brothers (sister was sleeping)

When I was pregnant with Ava Beth, I worried a lot. I worried that she would be colic like her big brother. I worried that I would never leave the house with two children. I worried about everything. For me personally, going from one child to two was the hardest thing ever. So I decided early on in my pregnancy with Ezekiel (my third child) that I would not worry the whole nine months. I decided that I would enjoy every single moment and I would not stress about having three children so close in age. While I was pregnant, people would ask me if I was ready for three at home all day needing me 24/7? I would reply by saying that I was not going to think about it until it was a reality. And I didn't. My pregnancy with Ezekiel was great! Most of the time I had energy, my health was good, my weight was good and my mental health was good. Then came his birth and it was easy too. The whole nine months were a blessing.

After we got our little guy home, I realized instantly how good he was. He is calm, quiet and never cries unless he is getting his diaper changed or being bathed. Everyone that sees him tells me that he is such a good baby. He loves the car seat, the swing, the bouncy seat, and he will even lay in his crib or cradle awake and be content (something my other two did not do for quite a while). Finally we are getting good use out of this swing! I have never experienced this kind of baby before so daily I am in shock and daily I thank God for giving me such a good baby. And this two week old boy has the biggest appetite I have ever seen!

All of that bragging to say this! Things are going great! I have been doing so good and I am already back to cooking suppers, etc. I guess I thought it would be so much harder than it is. This has been easier than having just one. Seriously. Sometimes I find myself getting the "going good blues" because things are going so good that I wonder what on earth is about to happen to wake me from this dream! This is a major issue I have sometimes so I have had to pray really hard that the Lord would help me to enjoy this time instead of fearing it.

Today Ezekiel has a two week check up and the other two kids are going with me. I don't have childcare for them so they have to tag along. Usually this would do me in! Just the thought of having them all three at the pediatrician office freaked me out last week just thinking about it but not today. For those of you that REALLY know me, you know this a huge thing for me. I am not a go with the flow person. Each one of my children have given me a gift of some sort. Josiah taught me as a Mom that I could do just about anything. When he was colic, life still had to go on. Screaming baby and all! Ava Beth taught me and is still teaching me how to be patient. She does her own thing and does not like to comply or conform (where did she get that from?) so parenting her is totally different than parenting Josiah. And then there is my sweet little Ezekiel! He is relaxed. He acts like he is here to just sit back in a hammock on the beach and enjoy life. He brings so much peace to our home and especially to me. He is teaching me to relax and I seem to be getting the hang of what it truly means to chill out!

Life with three was meant for me. Yes, I want one more! Yes! But, Daddy will not allow mommy to talk that way right now. So, I just pray instead!

Thanks for allowing me to brag on my babies. They are all three a dream come true! Every single day I realize I am living my dreams and God has answered my prayers times ten!

  posted at 11:42 AM
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tomorrow is my dreaded day back to work. I am so very sad. I know what you mean though...I am ready for more!!! I just love being a mommy and especially Hayden's mommy. What you said was true, our hearts beat together. I just hope she feels mine while I am away. I love you , and good luck today!
Cara~

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Paula said...

Oh, what a wonderful blessing. I am so glad Ezekiel has brought calmness and peace into your home. It makes the experience for all much more pleasent.
You deserve this!!!
The boys look cute!

 
At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad things are going well for you. Keeping you in my prayers though =)

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I've been checking in on your blog daily and am so happy to hear that life is good. Your kids are lucky to have such a proud mom.

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Christy said...

I am so glad that things well well.I can't wait to get my little man out .. got a while to go.. its 26 here and snowing! Flu is at peek and they have had to cancel some schools b/c of it!

 
At 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zeke sounds just like my Little King. Very calm, and quiet. I'm sure my next bundle of joy will not be like that. I couldn't be that lucky.

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Kate said...

This just warms my heart! (Just quietly pray that your man comes around to the idea of a #4!) ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name:
Amanda

Location: Austin, Texas


Mommy, Mama, Mandi, Amanda, Babe and whatever else you want to call me! How do I have time to blog with three kids under the age of four? I'm up until midnight and usually later!

My complete profile

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from somethingbeautifulblog. Make your own badge here.
Fashion Statement (My Mom)
Beth Moore
Resonate Community
The Food Network
BibleGateway
Dallas Cowboys


Nominated for an award?
We did it!
Ezekiel, Zeke, Bubby!
I know I should be sleeping but...
Prayer request for the new mommy of THREE
And here are a few details...
We are home!
Ezekiel is on his way!
Everlasting God
Ezekiel's nursery

October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
May 2012

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006

Subscribe with Bloglines



Powered by FeedBlitz


Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: