Monday, January 22, 2007
Prayer request for the new mommy of THREE
Over the past few days, it has hit me! I am a mother of three children under the age of FOUR! Actually, Josiah JUST turned FOUR two weeks ago and Ava Beth turned TWO one month ago today. So they are FRESH under the age of four!

I have great kids, I really do. Josiah and Ava Beth have their days but for the most part I have wonderful, well mannered, "yes mam" and "no mam" kids (MOST DAYS). I am blessed, so blessed. However, recovering after baby Ezekiel is quite different than the other two. I still think the hardest thing ever was going from none to one. For all of you first time Moms trying to adjust, I've been there. It's hard! Then from one to two gets a little challenging also but sleep is still something you are able to work out. Three has not been too hard of an adjustment as far as the baby. He is easy and soooooooo good! But I can't really sleep when he sleeps, I have two others to take care of. Luckily Ava Beth takes three hour naps and Josiah JUST dropped his nap but he will happily watch a movie or play with trains if I need some sleep. I know the afternoons here will be one where the ringer is OFF, the computer is too and I try my hardest to rest instead of worrying about taking care of everything else around here.

And now I am rambling. I am probably not even making sense but for some reason writing on this blog makes me feel like I am normal and not in this sleep deprived newborn stage. Again, I can't tell you how blessed I am by Ezekiel. He is the first calm, go with the flow baby I have had! Third time IS a charm! For sure!

BUT, tomorrow I will be alone with the kiddos. All three of them will be in my care all day long and I will not have help. I am actually ready to face it though. Once I get it over with, I know I will feel better. Also tonight is the first night I will be taking care of Ezekiel all night by myself. Jeremy will be here but he has helped so much, worked so hard to take care of us this past week that he has got to rest before work tomorrow. So what I need is some supernatural strength and supernatural peace and a whole bunch else! The baby blues have snuck in from time to time. I miss being pregnant, I miss that the big event is over. I know it sounds weird to some of you but giving birth just supersedes everything in my life and I miss that day. I miss ALL of my children's BIRTH days. I don't know how to explain that feeling but I know many of you can relate.

Some of you have asked why he came a week earlier than expected. Nothing was wrong at all. I was up all night last Monday night with back pain that kept me from closing my eyes even once. My contractions were not regular but I was miserable. I called my Doctor at 6:30am Tuesday morning and he told me to come in AND he kept me. I was actually relieved because I felt so horrible. His birth was wonderful, everything was perfect. And I would do it ALL over again. But that would take a major act of God to get my husband to agree to a fourth child.

Ladies, I have felt your prayers in a major way. My body feels so much better, so much better. I am healing so quickly. I know your prayers WORK! Please keep 'em coming.

You bless me so much.

  posted at 5:55 PM
  10 comments



10 Comments:
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Paula said...

Prayers are being sent in your name. I am very proud of you. You are doing a great job!! I know I will be coming for advice in the months ahead.
Love you,
Paula

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Christy said...

girl I can so relate... I miss being pregnant, I miss looking forward to the big birth day -- I am sad that I may not have another one. I know even with one some say oh do it again but my bp did get high at the end even with a perfect pregnancy I thought. When we both get to where we can we have to catch up on the phone. I am praying for you!!

 
At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad he is here, and that it went well.

I am nervous about my bringing my next one home. I have to have c-section b/c difficulties with my first and it took awhile before I could get around. i'm nervous about caring for a 2 year old and newborn after c-section...

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Congratulations on your new bundle of joy. He is precious! {Boys are so sweet!} Savor each and every moment!

Praise God you are teaching your children manners! Kids are so disrespectful these days!!! Mason (2) is the most polite kid. He says "thank you" after everything. He even tells me thank you when he does something for ME!

I am so happy for you! I've been thinking about you a lot. Email me some time (at your convenience) so we can catch up.

 
At 6:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can completely relate. I remember sitting there thinking how am I going to manage all 3 on my own all day. And, I know exactly what you mean about not being able to rest when the baby did too. I'm so glad Ezekiel has been a good baby for you. I am praying for you.

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Amber said...

Hi! I'm new to your site, just looking at it from the babes in blogland link. Congrats on your newest addition! I will probably be checking back in on you because I am about to become a mother of three in just four weeks! I'm terrified to take care of all three of them by myself! I also have a 4 year old and a 18 month old! I hope that your day with them by yourself is going well today!
amberldean.blogspot.com

 
At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remeber God will not give you anything you cant handle. Your a great mom! Enjoy each and every moment

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger uuu said...

Praying! :) You are a wonderful mommy and undoubtedly will fall beautifully right into the role. It's funny the strength God can and will give us if we just ask. So worry not, my dear friend - He is with you and knows your needs long before they arise!

I love you and am praying for you!

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger Gwen said...

Just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you and wondering how the new mommy is doing today? I hope all is going well. God Bless!

 
At 7:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda,

It sounds like Ezekiel really is the kind of baby that you sensed he was - I'm SO glad! :)

I'm praying that you, Ezekiel and Ava Beth can sleep at the same time, while your mom and Josiah enjoy some one on one.

You are constantly on my mind and heart...look forward to seeing you soon and holding that sweet baby boy!

I love you,
Tiff :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name:
Amanda

Location: Austin, Texas


Mommy, Mama, Mandi, Amanda, Babe and whatever else you want to call me! How do I have time to blog with three kids under the age of four? I'm up until midnight and usually later!

My complete profile

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from somethingbeautifulblog. Make your own badge here.
Fashion Statement (My Mom)
Beth Moore
Resonate Community
The Food Network
BibleGateway
Dallas Cowboys


And here are a few details...
We are home!
Ezekiel is on his way!
Everlasting God
Ezekiel's nursery
ICE STORM WARNING
Tagged about a book!
HULK HOGAN
Side effects
Still here with not a lot of sleep!- (revised)

October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
May 2012

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006

Subscribe with Bloglines



Powered by FeedBlitz


Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: