Friday, February 16, 2007
Because I am feeling sentimental
Because I am feeling sentimental, I wanted to write a little something about a special friend of mine.

I could not make it as a woman, a wife, a mother, without my girlfriends. They fulfill me and encourage me in so many ways. I need them and they need me. Today I feel so blessed to have a certain friend that I talk to on the phone. We never get to see each other because she lives a few hours away. She is a part of my past and thanks to the phone calls, a part of my future. It seems that lately we have been facing some of the same things in life. It's nice to know I am not alone. I have someone that can relate or understand my fears. I love my friend because I don't really have to use a filter when I talk to her, she knows my heart. She has witnessed my pain, my joy and a few other things. The Lord has used her to bring healing to my life and I am so thankful for her. Whether we discuss our children, our health, our husbands, reality tv shows or the Bible, I always hang up feeling FULL. She fills me up and I need that! That's what friends are for. Right? So I just want to say to my precious friend, thank you. You are an incredible woman and having you in my life challenges me to be a better mom, wife and woman. You are a blessing. Isn't it cool how God works? I think so.

It seems I have a lot of close friends that live far away. Oh how I wish I could meet them for coffee or meet them to shop. But I am so grateful for email and FREE long distance! Canada, Colorado, Texas, Indiana, Tennessee, Iowa, Arkansas, Georgia, Missouri and North Carolina! There are some amazing women in those states! I wish I could have you all over for dinner. You would all get along so well!

  posted at 3:45 PM
  9 comments



9 Comments:
At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad that you have such a supportive friend!

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Betty's Loosing Race said...

I have a special friend like that too and she also lives far away from me.

You are right we all need special friends in our lives and not every friend meets those deep needs that we have.

I'm so happy that you have found a special friend like that.

Praying for you!
~Betty~

 
At 5:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to meet you for coffee, hopefully we can do that someday. Isn't it awesome how God puts the right people in our lives at exactly the right time.

 
At 6:18 AM, Blogger uuu said...

Isn't it GREAT to have precious friendships. I too LOVE those who bless me, encourage me, and sometimes love me enough to tell me to get over myself. I often need that swift kick in the rear and only a few people love me that much. Sadly, most of my friends are far away too -- some I have never met face to face; but I love them all!! I ask for and treasure their opinions, because I know it will be given with love in their hearts and with Christ in their minds...

Ahhh - Friendships --- the thing that keeps me sane through my insane days as a wife and mom!!! :)

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Rmomof3 said...

A Very Sweet Tribute to your precious friend, Amanda! My friend, Sarah, who lives in a completely different time zone from me - is just like that and those are the kind of friendship you treasure for a lifetime!
P.S. Although it hasn't been "officially announced" - I will be joining your ranks as a mom of 3 soon!
Sweet blessings!

 
At 6:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do not know what I would do without all the "girls" in my life. If we are very honest with ourselves we will admit that most everything we do is for the approval and admiration of our girlfriends (and other women). We dress for women, we do our hair for women, we cook certain things for women . . . and so on. We need each other's approval. I think it's a good thing.

For example, I have done my hair a NEW way today. It's a style that is VERY new to me. I like it but the real test is what all the "girls" at church are going to say. All this morning my mind has been saying, "I hope Jeri likes my hair!"

One very special "girl" in my life comes to mind. This girl can make me or break me. She can bring down to where life really is or she can take me higher than I think I can fly. She supports me even when I do stupid stuff. She cheers me on when I think my task is impossible.

She is YOU.

I love you and I need you. I need your approval and I need your correction. I trust YOU with my life. You are my daughter and you are my friend.

Mom

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Paula said...

I am so glad to have met you via blog and i now can call you my friend.

We will get that coffee some day. And some gooood Mexican.z

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Gwen said...

Hi-I just wanted you to know that I have been thinking of you! I hope you are having a good week so far!

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Kate said...

just think... one day we WILL all get to meet and sit down and eat some major manna together!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name:
Amanda

Location: Austin, Texas


Mommy, Mama, Mandi, Amanda, Babe and whatever else you want to call me! How do I have time to blog with three kids under the age of four? I'm up until midnight and usually later!

My complete profile

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from somethingbeautifulblog. Make your own badge here.
Fashion Statement (My Mom)
Beth Moore
Resonate Community
The Food Network
BibleGateway
Dallas Cowboys


I'm okay
needing some prayer
Here's my guts
My beautiful Valentine!
Ezekiel is three weeks old today!
Anointed
My home is a sanctuary
Parenting
Pastor Cleetus
Can I delete my last post?

October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
May 2012

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006

Subscribe with Bloglines



Powered by FeedBlitz


Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: