Wednesday, February 28, 2007
nothing to write, nothing!
I wanted to write today. The problem is, I don't really have anything to write. Well I do have plenty to write, I just don't have a theme and that's okay because I am not really in to themes anyway! So here goes a very random post. Jeremy is home today, the baby is napping, the big kids are playing in the backyard and we ate a late lunch so I am not busy trying to make supper. What a perfect time to write! It's been kind of crazy around here so this helps. Coming to this blog and sharing a piece of me helps. It helps a lot!

Yesterday my couch and love seat looked great! Not one pile of clothes stacked on either one to be folded. I get so stressed out when the couch is full of clothes to be folded. Sometimes the clothes sit on the couch for several days. It drives my husband crazy and it drives me crazy too but it's really hard to stay motivated. But yesterday it was done. The house was clean, the laundry was folded AND put away! Today not so much. I think that is the hardest thing about staying at home. As soon as you get caught up, as soon as you get things in order, it all gets messed up again. It doesn't take long, does it? There are times I don't get bothered by this kind of stuff and then there are times like right now that I get really stressed out. Tonight we will all watch American Idol and I will try to get that couch cleared off while doing so. The couch sure looks great when it's ONLY being occupied by decorative pillows! UGH!

Oh how I pray that I do not have ANY men that read this blog. You all know how honest I am, how brave I am to bare my soul to the world on this blog, right? Well, I am about to get braver. Here it goes! Six week ago I gave birth to a beautiful precious baby boy. It was wonderful. But something happens to me about six weeks after having babies. Something returns, something comes back with a VENGEANCE and it is so bad that it even reminds me of those first few hours of pitosin without the epidural. You would think it would ease it's way back into your life, but it doesn't! It screams, it yells, it curses! It comes with full force and cramps that make you wish you were pregnant again. Oh and the mood, oh the mood! UGH! And the husband that you want to hide it from so he can't blame your mood on it! It's coming, I know it is. I feel horrible so I know it could be ANY DAY! Need I say more? Or do you get it?

So I gotta tell ya, I am tired. Not so much physically tired but just tired. I need to have some fun. I have been working non stop on our bankruptcy stuff that will be filed on March 15th, shopping life insurance rates (we don't have life insurance), choosing the company for our life insurance, changing banks, changing diapers, helping my husband study for tests he has to take for his promotion, doing laundry, playing with the kids, refereeing fights between the four year old and two year old and cooking! Someone always wants to eat around here and this is when I am glad I am not breastfeeding. WOW! You know the song Whitney Houston sings, the song that a not so smart American Idol contestants sometimes chooses to sing, the song from the movie Body Guard? Well, it's called I'M EVERY WOMAN! I have been trying to sing that song to keep me a little motivated but today it's just not happening. Even more proof that what I mentioned in paragraph three is coming soon! Oh how I need some time to myself or some girl time or something! Jeremy will be gone ALL DAY on Saturday for training so it won't be happening this weekend. But that's okay. This job promotion is a huge blessing so I am happy for him to be gone on Saturday. Thank goodness he doesn't work weekends! All of you women that have husbands that travel, you are amazing women. I couldn't do it! Well I could, with a nanny!

And when I am feeling this lousy, I crave Dr. Pepper. You see I am addicted to Dr. Pepper. I still had two a day while I was pregnant. I just couldn't let it go, it was impossible. Now that I am trying to loose the baby pounds I wish I was addicted to DIET Dr. Pepper but that stuff is disgusting. The refrigerator in the garage is stocked full. It's a beautiful site! So I think I will take a bath, drink a Dr. Pepper and pretend I am in Cozumel laying on the beach. Okay so now I am craving Cozumel!

That's it. That's all I have to write about. See, I told you it was about nothing. But at least I feel a little better.

Labels:


  posted at 6:15 PM
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Borbe Bunch said...

I loved your "nothing" post cause I can so relate :) And by the way, it is so not nothing or boring, it is called LIFE of a MOMMY! :)

I have made progress and moved the basket of folded clothes to the boys room, where it awaits to be put away!!! :) Ahhh, the world of the never-ending laundry.

I like reading your blog...I feel like I am there nodding and saying, "you got it girl!" :)

I have had a sick Ellie for two days, so I am running on a low amount of precious sleep, but loving every moment I have to hold her.

Blessed with lots of little socks to fold, can't imagine life with just big people socks! :)

YOUR SISTER IN CHRIST,
Lizy

 
At 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh I can so relate. My house lately has been really let go, for me it has been - I am tired of cleaning only to have it all messed up a day later! Drives me CRAZY! I have a test tomorrow and I don't want to study! I think I will take a bath too. Oh, and I am TOTALLY addicted to energy drinks! I drink two a day - it is not those ones with tons of sugar - but they have TONS of caffine - I just have to have them!!

Have a good night!
Nancy

 
At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how my house is a mess. I relate. Except I only have one...(with one on the way)

 
At 5:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are not alone! I can relate to the comment you made about keeping up the house. Just when it gets clean...it gets messed up again. So many stay at home moms feel this way!

I am seriously considering doing a cleaning schedule (routating cleaning jobs throughout the week). At least this way I can check off my list for the day and not worry until tomorrow. But then it takes time to make a schedule - I haven't made the time yet.

Proverbs 14:4

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger Paula said...

Oh, how you make me feel so good. I leave laundry around for days!!! I don't care to wash them. I HATE to put them away. Why is that???

I am sorry the doomed friend is back. Why does that have to come with pain?? Darn that Eve!! If it wasn't her it would have been someone else.

I hope you have a wonderful day. It looks like the temp will be nice in Texas today. Go outside and watch the kids play while you drink Dr. Pepper.

BTW~I have always been a Coke fan, however I have craved Dr. Pepper since I have been pregnant. Why is that?? The commercials make it seem so statisfying.

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger uuu said...

Nothing? You just wrote something most all of your readers can identify with. A MOMMY blog post!!! :) We've all been there and trod through those trenches daily -- thanks for sharing.

And - I have one of my own - you'll have to stop in and read my post (today's). I have been writing it for several days now --- and finally posted it this morning.

So -- for now, I am going to the dryer to get my sheets. Then I am off to clean the house... FUN FUN FUN!!!! :)

Love you girl!

 
At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just got done with my usual Mandi blog reading. I can’t respond from work on your blog so I will from here. We all have a pile of clothes on a couch somewhere. We CHOOSE to fold them and put them up or not do anything and look at them while punishing ourselves. We feel better when they are gone and out of site, only to return again soon. The pile of clothes has to do with us in the first place. They will always be there and we can choose to take care of them when they are fresh and warm or wait till they are cold and wrinkled and all the work done to get them cleaned and dried was sort of wasted. If we deal with them first thing, we don’t have to take care of them later. so your writing about nothing turned into something once more. I have a pile of clothes that I had to deal with and now I am. I don’t have to look at that pile of clothes because God gave me the strength to deal with them right away. So, what about you??? I know you have had a pile of clothes and you have put away for the season and don’t need them right now……..once again you are a genius Mandi.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name:
Amanda

Location: Austin, Texas


Mommy, Mama, Mandi, Amanda, Babe and whatever else you want to call me! How do I have time to blog with three kids under the age of four? I'm up until midnight and usually later!

My complete profile

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from somethingbeautifulblog. Make your own badge here.
Fashion Statement (My Mom)
Beth Moore
Resonate Community
The Food Network
BibleGateway
Dallas Cowboys


more pictures!
A cup of coffee and bowl of oatmeal
willing
Church and so much more
Zeke
Because I am feeling sentimental
I'm okay
needing some prayer
Here's my guts
My beautiful Valentine!

October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
May 2012

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006

Subscribe with Bloglines



Powered by FeedBlitz


Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: