Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Amanda's playlist
Here's what's on my iPod today! It could change tomorrow. But this is what I have been listening to tonight while everyone is sleeping. :) I just can't sleep.

"Easy Silence" by the Dixie Chicks
Yes, I have forgiven them and you should too. Come on people!

"Crazy" by Gnarls Barkley
This song is fabulous! I love it!

"Coming Home" by John Legend
When I saw the special on TV about Bob Woodruff, it really opened my eyes to what is going on in this world. I am not anti war, but this song makes me think of all the mommies with babies in Iraq. This song reminds me of the things I don't think about enough. Do we really understand how many caskets are being unloaded every single day covered with the American Flag? I don't think we do. And John Legend is one of my favorite singers. He is one of the most gifted musicians out there.

"Pieces of April" by Three Dog Night
When I was a teenager my Dad used to play this song for me all the time. He said it was his song to me. I was born in April! Listening to this song makes me feel special. It means the world to me.

"Treasure" by Desperation Band
One of my best friends in the whole world, Tiffany, called me a few days ago to tell me this song was something I needed to listen to. She said when she listens to it, she thinks of where I am at in my life. It's been a great song for me to worship to and it means so much because Tiffany knows everything God is doing in my life right now. I love you Tiff!

"Over It" Katharine McPhee
Well, I did not vote for her on AI last year. I was a Taylor fan! But this girl's voice is unbelievable and I love this song!

"My Idea of Heaven" by Leigh Nash
Leigh Nash is one of my favorite singers and I have gotten to sing some of her stuff a couple of times. This song is my song to Jeremy. Well, one of them. I really am living "My Idea of Heaven". And you can go to http://www.youtube.com/ and see this video. I love it!

"Burn For You" Toby Mac
It's Toby Mac! Need I say more?

"It's Not Over" by Daughtry
Love, love, love Daughtry!! I did vote for him on AI!

"Irreplaceable" by Beyonce
What can I say? I love Beyonce. She makes me smile and she makes me want to dance and I love to dance! This song is something I turn up really loud when I am in the car by myself.
"To the left, to the left!"

"Public Affair" by Jessica Simpson
Hey, don't laugh! I grew up roller skating and this song makes me want to roller skate with leg warmers and a whole bunch of lip gloss! And if I were skating with a guy, he would have on parachute pants! Ava Beth LOVES this song too!

"Glamorous" by Fergie
I don't think this song is bad. I don't think it is. Well, it does have the word hell in it. I noticed on my download it has the word clean next to it which means there must be another version. I loved to feel glamorous so I think I just like the song because they mention shoes! :)

"Drifting" by Bebo Norman
This song has some meaning for me. I don't really want to explain but it's a song that spoke to me at just the right time.

"Voice of Truth" by Casting Crowns
I have an aunt that has leukemia and this song makes me think of her. She is an amazing woman and I told her last week that this was her song.

"Broken" by Seether and Amy Lee
I sang this song with a good friend who was also my worship pastor. I have this song on my iPod because it means a lot to me. It reminds me of a good time in my life, a good season and I miss it.

"Like Red on a Rose" by Alan Jackson
Jeremy says this is his song to me. I cry every time I hear it.

"Everlasting God" by Chris Tomlin
This song has been my theme song for several months now. I feel like I have been waiting on the Lord for clarification, healing and ministry opportunities. Strength arises as I wait upon the Lord! I love to worship to this song.

"How To Save A Life" by The Fray
Most of you will know why I love this song.

"Come Clean" by Hilary Duff
Another song that I found meaning in during a tough time. It's nice to jam out in the car when music speaks for you!

"Never Give Up On Me" by Josh Bates
I feel like I have had some people in my life that have given up on me. Some that have not believed in me or saw my value. This song reminds me of how much my Heavenly Father loves me and how he will never give up on me. He believes in me.

"Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol
Love the words, love the music, love this song!

"Making Memories Of Us" by Keith Urban
Growing up was hard. I never knew I could have the life I have today. Jeremy has changed me life. He has brought so much healing to my broken heart and difficult past. The first time I knew I loved Jeremy, we were country dancing at Cowboys in Arlington. This song wasn't out back then but this song reminds me of that night. Oh how I love that boy!

"Take Me Higher" by Lincoln Brewster
This is one of my favorite worship songs and it brings back great memories of singing on a praise team with people I truly loved.

"Completely" by Ana Laura
This song has become my prayer. It's on the Facing the Giants soundtrack.

"My Glorious" by Newsong
Newsong has got to be the most talented Christian band ever! They are amazing in concert! And this song rocks!

"Angel" by Robin Thicke
The only thing I can say about this song is WOW! It is the most romantic song I have ever heard in my life.

"Unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield
I forgot about my two Natasha songs. So I am adding them to my list. This song was my favorite song last Summer.

"These Words" by Natasha Bedingfield
When this song first came out, the video was on MTV all the time. I liked the video and liked the song. It's fun to sing along to a song that you know every single word to and this is one I like a lot!

Labels:


  posted at 12:17 AM
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 4:56 AM, Blogger Annie said...

Thank you Amanda. I stumbled onto your blog a while ago and have enjoyed it since. We do serve a big God, I grew up in a denomination that I believe taught me to put God in a little pretty box, NOT ANYMORE :)
Thank you for your prayers, I really believe in the power of prayer.
Also, about the song "voice of truth" ... while we were in Dallas at the hospital with Izzy we were given that CD and it has really been meaningful for our journey. Also "Blessed be the name of the Lord," which talks about praising God when things are great and when things are not. Very powerful songs for me...
Have a great day Amanda and your comment blessed me.

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger mommyofangels said...

I love "Angel" by Robin Thicke... I have it as my ring tone....

I'm also a Toby Mac fan, so I'll check out the song you listed and a couple of others...

I live "Give it to me" by Nelly Furtado. Great dance song.. Can't buy the song on itunes yet, just the video.

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger Wendy said...

Looks like some good choices. I like that song "Crazy" too. I really like Newsboys, but I'd have to say "Third Day" is the best. :)

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger sweetscentsandmakeup said...

I've never commented here before, but have been reading your blog for about 2 weeks now. I have to say, I know for sure that I like you especially since you've shared your playlist!

It's amazing what we can tell about someone by what songs are on their iPod.

Blessings!

~Nadine~

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

I think you can tell so much about a person by the music they listen to, don't you?! I love almost all the songs on your list (except Dixie Chicks, I've forgiven them, I just can't listen to them any more... personal choice). =) It sounds like you have a GREAT selection on your iPod. Thanks for sharing...

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Gwen said...

I will have to check out some of your songs! On my IPod I'm currently listening to the soundtrack to Facing the Giants! I listen to it non-stop! My daughter just rolls her eyes everytime we get in the car and I turn it on. The great thing about it though...nearly every song she says, "I love this song," and sings her heart out!

Completely has been my prayer lately as well!

I can't wait to hear the news of what is going on in your life! Did I ever tell you cliffhangers drive me crazy???? LOL!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name:
Amanda

Location: Austin, Texas


Mommy, Mama, Mandi, Amanda, Babe and whatever else you want to call me! How do I have time to blog with three kids under the age of four? I'm up until midnight and usually later!

My complete profile

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from somethingbeautifulblog. Make your own badge here.
Fashion Statement (My Mom)
Beth Moore
Resonate Community
The Food Network
BibleGateway
Dallas Cowboys


We knew then and we know now!
birth
Vacation week
It's all about me!
Ava Beth
Time to start running!
nothing to write, nothing!
more pictures!
A cup of coffee and bowl of oatmeal
willing

October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
May 2012

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006

Subscribe with Bloglines



Powered by FeedBlitz


Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: