Saturday, March 17, 2007
PART II Warning signs
(scroll down to the next post to read part I)

I have a friend in my life, Diana, that I call when I want TRUTH. I mean I need RAW TRUTH. I call her because I know she has already been in her prayer closet that morning and she's not only prayed but she has studied God's Word. More than likely, she has even prayed for me. If she calls me, I know it's for something. When she tells me that she feels a certain way about something, I take it very seriously because I trust her with my life. When I was twenty years old, I met her at the church I was going to. She was about ten or eleven years older than me and she did a great job of taking care of "Mandi". She is one of the few friends that refers to me with that name. All of my family calls me Mandi but she is the one friend that does too.

Okay, so back to my friend Diana. Diana is an unbelievably strong, Godly woman. So if she tells me to jump off a bridge, I think I would pray about it. That's how much I trust her. Not too long ago we were discussing the voice of God. At the time, I had a situation going on in my head that I had not shared. I had been feeling a strong urge to send an email and tell an old friend how special they were to me. But there was a problem. The person I wanted to send the email to was no longer a part of my life. We were no longer friends. But I felt like I needed to let this person know that I found value in them. I tried calling this person before and I did not get a returned phone call so my flesh was afraid of rejection. My mind kept telling me to NOT send an email. I thought it would not be received how I wanted it to and I figured she would not respond. It seemed that every single night I was having dreams about this person. No matter what I did, I could not shake it. So as Diana and I discussed hearing God's voice, Diana said something that totally fit to my situation. She did not know what I was dealing with but what she said was what the Lord needed me to hear that day. "Mandi,if you have a strong sense inside your spirit to call someone or send them an email, you do it. The enemy is not going to tell you to do something nice or do something in order to seek peace or forgiveness in your life."

Well, that afternoon I prayed for the words to write in an email to my former friend. I know with every fiber of my being that God told me to send her an email. In fact, I believe that He did the typing for me. He gave me the words, the attitude and the love in my heart for this person. My flesh tried many times to stop me. "Don't send her an email. She hurt you. She said bad things about you. Don't waste your time. She hates you!" And so on and so on and so on. After sending the email, I felt a huge weight lifted off of my shoulders. I was obedient. I listened to what the Lord was telling me to do and I obeyed. It's been several months and the old friend did not respond. I know she saw the email just like I know she got my phone call and the message I left with her husband. I pray that she has forgiven me. I had not forgiven her and the unforgiveness was stinking up my life in a big way. But when I did what I was supposed to do, the Lord gave me a love for her. Now I miss her and I think about her often. I think about what a blessing she was to me and I know how much she truly loved me.

I knew God was telling me to do something but I fought it pretty hard. Then He used Diana to bring confirmation. My delayed obedience was disobedience. I was afraid of being rejected so I didn't do it until I heard Diana say what she did. Nothing changed expect one thing. I listened to God and I did what I was supposed to do and I was blessed for it.

Looking back I know what God was doing. There was a lot I needed to let go and a lot I needed to seek healing for. It was a warning sign for me.

WARNING:
I CANNOT USE YOU WHEN YOU HAVE UNFORGIVENESS
OR HATE IN YOUR HEART.
DO YOUR PART IN THE SITUATION.
OBEY IMMEDIATELY!

Even though she did not respond, I did the right thing. Even though she did not reciprocate, I did the right thing. I am free! And there is no greater way to live than FREE!

The point is, we sit around sometimes way too long trying to figure it out. Sometimes it's pretty darn simple to hear what God is telling us to do. What may seem small to some, sending an email opened my heart to so many things. In fact, my husband and I are getting ready to step out in the biggest, deepest waters yet! We know it's of God and we know it's the right decision. It's a good thing AND a God thing! But I truly believe that if I would not have let go of some of my pain from the past, I would not be prepared or ready for the blessing we are about to receive.

I don't know about you but I want to receive what God has for me. I want to hear His voice and be protected. I want to hear His voice and be blessed! I want to hear His voice and know what the right thing is. I need His direction, His counsel, His wisdom and His guidance every step of the way. If I am not paying attention, if I am not walking in HIS ways, I can't hear Him. It's impossible! But when I am walking closely by His side, I can hear Him. When I hear Him, I can align myself with His ways and sit in the center of His will. Otherwise, the result is pretty plain and simple, cut and dry, black and white! I miss out on what He has for my life.

“He who is of God hears God's words;” John 8:47

Labels:


  posted at 10:18 AM
  8 comments



8 Comments:
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Christy said...

ok ok ok.. I can't take anymore!! I am going to call you so we can talk. Please email me and tell me a time please. JUST this week I am praying about the same thing - contacting a friend who has hurt me deeply. Someone I have been friends with for 22 years.... I HAVE to talk to you !!!

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

I am printing out yourlast 2 posts because I could have written them... well, except for the being obedient part! I am still praying for God's wisdom on how to respond, but I know that I have unresolved issues and unforgiveness that I need to let go of.

Thank you for sharing this. Thank you so much.

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Paula said...

Great words of wisdom. You are always encouraging!
You know, that is something I was thinking of just yesterday. About praying for a decerning heart. I really want to have one, especially as a mother. I don't listen to that voice enough.

BTW~I ate a half a bag (LARGE) od potato chips. I thought of you as I finished and licked my fingers. Thank you my friend.

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Annie said...

Amanda,
I know what you are talking about on so many levels...
One was when Izzy's accident happened we were having some problems at our church with another couple, it was silly and we were just taking the whole thing too seriously and it resulted in some unforgiveness ... I truly feel it gave the devil a foothole in our lives that resulted in Izzy's accident.
I'm glad you listened to God's voice, and obeyed it. You are right, it doesn't matter what this friend does now. I will pray that her heart is softened toward you too.
I hope your weekend is jam packed full of blessings!
Annie

 
At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda,

Just trying to catch up on your blogs...GOOD STUFF, GIRL!!! Thank you for your sweet words on "Treasure" - YOU are a treasure!!!

Your continued obedience is a beautiful thing to witness, Amanda..."How lovely are the feet (and fingers) of those who bring good news!" :) It completely encourages and challenges me to let God examine my own heart and make things right with Him and others.

WHAT would we do without the Holy Spirit? I totally agree that it's incredibly rewarding when we heed His voice and utterly devastating when we don't. I have certainly experienced both sides.

I Love you...can't wait to SEE you soon!!!
Tiff :)

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Christina said...

~Amen!

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Gwen said...

Great couple of posts! I'm learning to hear God's word and discern the difference. Thank you!

Still waiting with for the announcement! (very impatiently by the way!!! LOL!!!!)

 
At 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I admire you and Jeremy. A very wise man once told me without obedience there is no discipline or discipling. We must all be disciples of Christ. Through your obedience you will Honor HIM. If it saves one soul for the Kingdom, it is worth it. It will teach you sacrifice and also your children. What a gracious quality. No weapon formed against you shall prosper. I love y'all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name:
Amanda

Location: Austin, Texas


Mommy, Mama, Mandi, Amanda, Babe and whatever else you want to call me! How do I have time to blog with three kids under the age of four? I'm up until midnight and usually later!

My complete profile

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from somethingbeautifulblog. Make your own badge here.
Fashion Statement (My Mom)
Beth Moore
Resonate Community
The Food Network
BibleGateway
Dallas Cowboys


Part I Warning signs
Ching-a-ring chaw!
How can you step out in faith? How?
enough for one day
Amanda's playlist
We knew then and we know now!
birth
Vacation week
It's all about me!
Ava Beth

October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
May 2012

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006

Subscribe with Bloglines



Powered by FeedBlitz


Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: