Tuesday, November 21, 2006
Deep sigh
Well, I'm done! Except I haven't made Minnie's Rum Cake that she will be picking up tomorrow morning. Oh and my Rum Cake, my Mom's neighbor's Rum Cake, my neighbor's Rum Cake and Kelly Ann's Rum cake! AND I have all of my Thanksgiving cooking to do for my Mom's house. But the hard part is truly over!

My husband gave me strict orders to NOT clean the house or anything else today. He said, "Babe, don't do anything but rest. I will take care of the house. You and that baby need to do nothing but lay on the couch." Seriously ladies, I am one blessed Mama to have a husband like that! I've been calling him McHottie all week and he LOVES it. I could not have done this order without him. He is already thinking of ways to make it easier on me for the Christmas order AND he told me I could get a massage today at Mom's salon but the massage lady was booked. I really need to dote on my man and brag to all of you. Our men need that!

So now that I am done and have all of my profit in hand. I will for sure be heading to Target on Friday! I can't wait! Christmas shopping will be something these 30 week pregnant feet have to deal with because I am not missing out on the sale. No way

Oh and I feel the need to say this so I am going to. I have received email after email today about boycotting Wal-Mart this Friday. I am not sure how I feel about this and many of you probably would not care to hear my opinion but I do know that Wal-Mart's employees have been given permission to say Merry Christmas this year. Will I be going to Wal-Mart this Friday? Yes. Do I believe that Homosexuality is a sin? Yes. However, my thoughts on boycotts will not be popular among Christians AT ALL. But here's the deal, I don't really care.I do know this. If we ever want homosexuals to be saved or walk through the doors of our churches, we need to change our attitude BAD! Boycotts have a lot of anger behind them. Boycotts do not show the love of Jesus. As for Target, well a lot of people don't shop there either because of the Happy Holidays vs. Merry Christmas greeting. I've done my research and last year during all of the commotion I was told by a Target cashier to have a Merry Christmas. Another time I was told nothing and I chose to say Merry Christmas.

I have a lot of friends boycotting Wal-Mart. I don't think badly of them, I don't question them. If that is what they choose to do, then so be it. I don't agree and that's okay too.

Okay so back to my happy blog. I never intended on talking about this but it just came out!

  posted at 5:13 PM
  9 comments



9 Comments:
At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last year I was 36 weeks pregnant and I went shopping the day after Thanksgiving. It was as much fun as every other year. Treat yourself to breakfast after. Enjoy!!

 
At 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a good feeling to almost be done.

I agree about the boycotts. I will be right there w/ya this Friday, wish we were going together! :)

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger uuu said...

Glad to hear you are ALMOST done!!! :) How sweet of Jeremy to pamper you like that, you are indeed blessed! Have a blessed and Happy Thanksgiving - and enjoy shopping the day after. :)

 
At 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is so glad to read someone else who has the same opinion about not boycotting Wal-Mart. I totally agree. Not to mention that these stores that support homosexuality are not "christian" based, so why hold them to "christian" standards? Ok, I'll get off my pedastool now. I agree with you sister! I'll be heading out to Wal-Mart today, tomorrow and most likely Friday too! To many things to get! :)

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger its_amyia1977 said...

What a great idea....how can we expect anyone to think kindly of Christians if we 'boycott' anything!???

BTW, hello for the first time!...love your template! Pink is my favorite color...LOL

 
At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you! I will not boycott either! I agree on so many levels with this!
Glad you are done with the big order!
Nancy

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Kate said...

I'll be shopping at both - and I can't wait! ha!

 
At 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl you know, I knew I loved you for SO many reasons!!!
Thanks for the link, btw!

I agree about boycots, I simply have not been convicted in that area. It is not my battle right now in this season of my life. I simply allow God to convict me of particular shops/events he might not want me to participate in/shop at but I DO NOT SEEK THEM OUT!! I have thought and prayed about the Wal-Mart thing and I can tell you, I have not been convicted to boycot the store that quite frankly BLESSES my family each and every week with fair and reasonable prices and decent quality merchandise. I can feel confident going to their store that I am getting a better price than Target, and for this budget-livin' mama, that means the difference between homemade lasagna and macncheese....er, I mean THE WORLD!!!!

Y'all have a wonderful thanksgiving day tomorrow giving thanks to God our Father in heaven for all the riches he has bestowed upon us in Christ Jesus.
I will say a prayer of thanks for you.

(Happy shopping on Friday as well!!!)

 
At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mine is done! Come on over and read about my morning!!
I hope by now that you have your feet up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name:
Amanda

Location: Austin, Texas


Mommy, Mama, Mandi, Amanda, Babe and whatever else you want to call me! How do I have time to blog with three kids under the age of four? I'm up until midnight and usually later!

My complete profile

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from somethingbeautifulblog. Make your own badge here.
Fashion Statement (My Mom)
Beth Moore
Resonate Community
The Food Network
BibleGateway
Dallas Cowboys


Kitchen Stadium
Baby Shower for Ezekiel
I've been choosing anger
refusing fear
45 days until Christmas!
I feel 100% good about posting this post.
Sugar & Spice- Creative Baking by Amanda
Sad
my space has been invaded
I am blessed, so blessed.

October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
May 2012

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006

Subscribe with Bloglines



Powered by FeedBlitz


Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: