Friday, November 10, 2006
45 days until Christmas!
I have waited as long as I can wait. This weekend, I am decorating for Christmas! It may seem very early for some but this is totally normal for me. My husband makes fun by referring to me as Clark (Clark Griswold) during this time of year. My love for Christmas is much like Clark's but my house will not look anything like the Griswold house! Almost, but not quite!

My husband also knows by now to follow my Christmas insanity so he has whole heartedly agreed to get everything down from the attic. (Mom, has Poppy/James agreed to do this for you?) I am so excited! I can't wait to look at all the stuff I have that I did not remember buying last year(the Hobby Lobby sales are too hard to pass up). In every room, a touch of Christmas will be found. Even in the bathrooms! It's time to change out dish towels, hand towels, picture frames, candles and so much more! And yes, we are now listening to Christmas music, watching Polar Express, A Charlie Brown Christmas (my favorite) and more.

This is the time of year that truly brings so much joy to my heart. The traditions I have started with my children are something I cherish so much. This year I will bake cookies with Ava Beth, put out the nativity scene with Josiah (this year he will be excited), shop and wrap presents with Jeremy and so much more. The trips to look at Christmas lights, the train rides, and the annual trip to see Santa. Ava Beth and I will look for a special Christmas dress for Christmas Eve, Josiah and I will look for Daddy a new Christmas ornament and of course there are the Christmas pajamas that I will buy this week for the kid's Christmas picture! But most importantly, celebrating the birth of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and teaching my children what Christmas truly means, that is what the season is all about.

So this weekend I will be decorating the house as I listen to Christmas Music and drink Christmas Wassel! :) Then I am off to my Mom's on Monday to help her decorate her house (she has already changed out the china in her hutch to Christmas China!). And let's just say my house will be easy compared to her's! She is the real CLARK GRISWOLD! Our poor husbands! They haven't realized this yet, but this means it is time for them to decorate the outside!

I love Christmas. It is truly, my favorite thing in the whole world!


  posted at 1:40 PM
  13 comments



13 Comments:
At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Christmas too! I am almost done w/my shopping, early for me. I wanted to be done so I can focus on baking and not be w/the crowds. I need to get a Christmas picture done. It's hard to get everyone looking in the same direction and somewhat smiling.

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Gwen said...

I absolutely love Christmas as well but I can't get into any decorating until after Thanksgiving! LOL!!!! Have fun!

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Paula said...

Oh, I WANT to decorate but the husband says NO!! AHHH, I may do it when he isnot home! Haha.
I have looked this year and can't find "christmas" pj's. Where did you find them this year?

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Andrew McAllister said...

Wow! Did I say "wow"? Not at the fact that you are decorating so early (and what is "early" anyway?) but that your enthusiasm comes through so clearly and powerfully in your post. Hang that holly and enjoy every minute of it!

Andrew
To Love, Honor and Dismay

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger uuu said...

Ooooh - you make me want to get my decor out too. We normally decorate the day after Thanksgiving, but will be in Virginia this year, so I am contemplating decorating next weekend. We'll see!!!!

Have fun!!!!!!!

 
At 7:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too, me too!!! I always decorate the house on Thanksgiving weekend. I am thrilled that it is almost here. I have been baking, shopping, sewing, & crocheting and almost all that is left is decorating!! Then I can enjoy Advent!
I am with you on the Christmas pj's - they are a big deal here too! We all have some each year and our Christmas morning pics are cute with all of us in, ahem, coordinated Christmas pj's!!!

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger Karla Porter Archer said...

I LOVE Christmas too! It so fun with kids!!!

Have fun decorating!!!

Blessings,
Karla

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Christy said...

Can't wait to see pictures!!

 
At 5:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Christmas began a couple of weeks ago...I have been listening to Joy Williams', "Here With Us" on a LOOP! Oh my GOSH! LOVE that SONG!!! And I agree...the "Charlie Brown Christmas" is one of my favorites!

Amanda...when are you coming to my house to help decorate? :)

Love you,
Tiff ;)

Love you,
Tiff

 
At 6:31 AM, Blogger Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Lucky... I can't wait to see the pics! I agree, there is just something magical about this time of year. I love it!!

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger Borbe Bunch said...

Christmas is a WONDERFUL time of the year! I have actually been listening to Christmas music for a while now :) I just can't get enough of proclaiming HIS birth...LOVE to you Amanda, praying for you business, for rest when needed and strength...
IN HIS GOODNESS,
Liz :)

 
At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OKay, I waited all weekend....and since I am a tad too far to come for gingerbread spice tea (my this-week-fave) you MUST post pics!!! I am dying for a tour!!

 
At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh what a precious picture! :) I love those. I didn't realize it was that close to Christmas!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name:
Amanda

Location: Austin, Texas


Mommy, Mama, Mandi, Amanda, Babe and whatever else you want to call me! How do I have time to blog with three kids under the age of four? I'm up until midnight and usually later!

My complete profile

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from somethingbeautifulblog. Make your own badge here.
Fashion Statement (My Mom)
Beth Moore
Resonate Community
The Food Network
BibleGateway
Dallas Cowboys


I feel 100% good about posting this post.
Sugar & Spice- Creative Baking by Amanda
Sad
my space has been invaded
I am blessed, so blessed.
Halloween 2006
Blogger trouble AGAIN!
SUGAR & SPICE! It's that time again!
The excitement is still there!
1st time being a brunette!

October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
May 2012

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006

Subscribe with Bloglines



Powered by FeedBlitz


Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: