Thursday, August 23, 2007
NO BOOKS FOR YOU!
So guess what? Apparently their hiring DPS or DMV employees over at the library in Pflugerville, Texas!

When I walked into the library filled with Moms, babies, toddlers and old ladies, I felt refreshed. The little old ladies were smiling at the kids and Josiah was saying over and over again, "Mommy, I love the library! Let's get some Thomas The Train Books! And lets get some movies!" And let's not forget how great it feels to walk inside where it is COOL. The library seems to consistently be cold and cold is good when you've just unloaded three kids out of the car in triple digit weather. (I don't know if it really is triple digits today but it's hot, really hot!) So you get the point. Josiah is totally excited about the idea of picking out a pile of books to take home and a few movies, Ava Beth is excited about looking for a princess book and Ezekiel is sitting comfortably in the Baby Bjorn carrier I'm wearing. Not only am I wearing the Baby Bjorn, I am also wearing a pretty nice smile. I've been lazy this Summer so I did some research on books for the kids and some ways to help Josiah learn to read before starting kindergarten next year, so I head to the library. I'm feeling good as a Mom and proud that my kids are not watching Noggin at the moment! Instead, we're at the library and Barbara Bush would be so proud!

We have not made a library trip since moving here so, today was the day I needed to get my library card. Patiently I wait at the counter while the library employee scans books in that someone just returned. Finally she notices me and my heavenly library trip turns hellish!

Here's the script! (I'll just write it out like I would a drama so you can relive it with me.)

Library Trip Gone Bad
Written By Amanda

Characters: Library employee with really bad attitude
Mom with three kids who is happy to be at the library

Employee: (annoyed tone) Mam, is there something I can help you with?

Mom: (aware of employee being rude so trying to kill with kindness) Yes, (smiling) I just need to get a library card.

Employee: (really, really annoyed) well you need to fill out the application over here (pointing to her left).

Mom: Oh, okay. (walks over to application counter) ***can you believe there is an application counter??! SERIOUSLY! (after she finishes application, she walks back to the line.)

Employee: (takes application from mom's hand) Uhhh, I'm going to need to see your driver's license. (The Mom hands her the DL.) Uhhh, this is not the address you have written on the application.

Mom: (holding back the need to say "NO CRAP LADY!) Yes Mam, we moved here a few months ago and I have not had it changed yet.

Employee: Well, you do you have a utility bill with you?

Mom: (holding back the need to say "Yes, I carry those with me every where I go. Would you like to see the water bill, electric bill or phone bill?) No mam. (Mom's four year old child in the background begging for books) Do I have to have a bill with me to check out books today?

Employee: (now talking to Mom like she is stupid) Yes. You cannot check out books unless your license is correct or unless you have a bill with you to prove you live there.

(Mom's four year old now whining about not getting books and movies.)

Mom: (now mom is annoyed not with the stupid rule but more with the employee's rudeness) Your serious? (mom begins to put DL in back in wallet when all of the sudden, employees does the unthinkable)

Employee: (picks up application before Mom can put it away in diaper bag, holds it up in front of her face and rips it up.)

Mom: (STUNNED, totally STUNNED. And pissed!) Mam, why did you just rip up my application?

Employee: Well, I have to destroy it if you are not going to use it.

Mom: I spent time filling it out and I was going to bring it back tomorrow or Saturday. That was not very nice.

Employee: Sorry, you will have to fill out another one.

Mom: (the Mom has an Ally McBeal moment and envisions jumping over the counter to tackle the library employee but instead walks away and tells four year old that this library is not a very nice place. Son then asks if they can go back to the nice library at their old house. Then the Mom fights the urge to turn around and yell, "YOUR LIBRARY SUCKS!" But she doesn't. Instead, she gets into her car after loading up the three kids in triple digits and cries. Yep, she cries.)

The end

Okay, so seriously! This is how I expect o be treated at the DMV or the DPS but the LIBRARY? I understand there are rules okay? But isn't this the country that has a First Lady who has a platform relating to children getting books for free and doesn't she go around reading stories at Libraries and Schools and promoting early reading for kids?? She's a former librarian for crying out loud and she wants my children to read!! But today I got sent home! Have you seen the Soup Natzi on Seinfield??? Well, I think I met the Book Natzi today!

NO BOOKS FOR YOU!

Needless to say, the library trip sucked in every way so why not make the day better and go to Wal Mart? Hey, what the heck? That's where all the nice people hang out! HA! Let's unload three kids in triple digit, scorching hot weather one more time! After all, it would be a fast trip. I needed butter, milk, yogurt, cauliflower, broccoli, bananas, apples, glue sticks, stickers for a chore chart and re fried beans! How easy could it be?! Super easy, until Ava Beth starts eating yogurt in the cart! Who needs a spoon, right? I couldn't see her due to Ezekiel's car seat. Then it got worse when I began to self check and realized the apples I chose rang up at almost $2.00 a pound! And I bought a lot of Apples! But then a sweet cashier (which I usually have grumpy cashiers in Wal Mart and that's why I like to go to HEB Plus instead) tells me how she loves my hair and how much I look like PINK! She must have been talking about my ripped physique! Nope, it was the hair. :)

And now my little sweet dumplings are all sleeping...

Labels:


  posted at 3:05 PM
  11 comments



11 Comments:
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Amy... said...

Oh...you make me laugh!

Mean people...yuck! Good for you for going to the library, though! I have this thing with the library...I don't like to borrow books--I like to BUY them. Now how is that for a bad mama?!

I think you are way prettier than pink:)

I read this today and thought of you (re: last post)...Colossians 27ish-29, The Message...The mystery in a nutshell is just this: Christ is in you, so therefore you can look forward to sharing in God's glory. It's that simple. That is the substance of our Message. We preach Christ, warning people not to add to the Message. We teach in a spirit of profound common sense so that we can bring each person to maturity. To be mature is to be basic. Christ! No more, no less. That's what I'm working so hard at day after day, year after year, doing my best with the energy God so generously gives me.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger mamashine said...

That is beyond mean. But good to know- I think we're moving to Pflugerville in a few months! I'll definitely bring a utility bill for the cranky lady.

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Sonya Terrell said...

I know I wasn't supposed to laugh at your day but that's what I did....sorry! I had a similar incident today at the flower shop! She wasn't as rude as yours but not exactly very nice either!

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Gwen said...

OMG!!! Seriously when I was reading this story and got to the part about the lady ripping your application my jaw dropped open! HOW RUDE!

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Oh my, I am so sorry that you had such an experience. I applaud you for NOT jumping over the counter, what self-restraint. I'm not sure I could have contained myself! Again, mean people really do suck! =)

And I agree with Amy, much better looking than Pink.

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Liz Ferguson said...

Wow! I cannot believe that happend. That is so aweful. I don't understand why people have to be mean like that!

I have to say, you did give me a good laugh though. :) Ally McBeal moment..haha, and book Natzi...too funny!

 
At 5:31 AM, Blogger Gina said...

I just saw the Seinfeld episode about the soup natzi and I just can't help but laugh! So sorry girl.... but it is comedic for sure.

Thanks for the laugh..

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Kellie said...

I miss reading your blog. This is the writing I love to catch up on. You have a great attitude. Love ya.

 
At 12:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

https://www.blogger.com/captcha?type=IMAGE&captchaKey=1rfjdrjcmygax

 
At 12:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

https://www.blogger.com/captcha?type=IMAGE&captchaKey=11o56sevq1rqw

 
At 2:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=35581030&postID=3087083581518054833&page=1&pli=1

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name:
Amanda

Location: Austin, Texas


Mommy, Mama, Mandi, Amanda, Babe and whatever else you want to call me! How do I have time to blog with three kids under the age of four? I'm up until midnight and usually later!

My complete profile

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from somethingbeautifulblog. Make your own badge here.
Fashion Statement (My Mom)
Beth Moore
Resonate Community
The Food Network
BibleGateway
Dallas Cowboys


She Runs
conviction & forgiveness
coming back to the heart of worship
NEW
Resonate Community Church
a husband from the boondocks
Great news from my Dad!
Father's Day with the kids
Dreaming the impossible
Painting/decorating/being a mommy

October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
May 2012

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006

Subscribe with Bloglines



Powered by FeedBlitz


Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: