Saturday, April 07, 2007
We are here!
Well folks, we are officially moved in! The unpacking is crazy right now. The kids rooms are almost done, the game room is a mess, my room is a mess, the bathrooms are a mess but the KITCHEN IS PERFECT! I have already been using my new cook top to boil Easter Eggs. I have not had to really COOK yet, thanks to my wonderful friends here. Dinner was served last night by Erika (she made me my favorite birthday cake-chocolate pecan praline cake-YUMMO!), tonight by Cindy and we are having Easter lunch with friends tomorrow. Needless to say, we are being taken care of.

I don't have much time to write yet. We are about to head to IKEA!! We live close to one and that is pretty exciting as far as I am concerned! I made my first trip to Wal Mart yesterday and stocked up on a ton of groceries so I think I am finding my way around town pretty good.

Okay, last Easter we were in the 90's and today we are in the high 30's! What is up with that? Texas Weather! My Dad called to tell me that Dallas has snow falling! It's cold in Austin but no snow! A white Easter? Who would have thought!!

Love my house, love the area, love that my Dish Network is hooked up and now my Internet! I miss having my family right down the street but it sure is nice being down the street from friends. Josiah spent the day at Kylie's house (he now has a friend in the neighborhood!) and keeps asking when he is going to see her again! Oh and my next door neighbor came over yesterday to introduce herself. She is super sweet! I feel like people are a lot more friendly here. I love that! There is definitely a slower pace in this part of Texas.

I will write more tonight and I have pictures too of the move and all the friends that came to see us in Dallas before we left!

Happy Easter!

Labels:


  posted at 3:12 PM
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

So glad you are back and can't wait to see the pictures:-)

 
At 6:31 AM, Blogger Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Yeah! So glad to hear that you made it safely and are almost unpacked. I hope you have a blessed Easter!

 
At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am pretending that you are not farther away. I love you so much and have thought about you every second.....as usual. I Know Round Rock very well and will be there when you are ready for company. AB left her gloves here anyway. I miss you. Happy Easter. Kakey/Kaufee

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Kate said...

i am so happy to hear how this is all unfolding. i am catching up now. can't wait to see what God has in store for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name:
Amanda

Location: Austin, Texas


Mommy, Mama, Mandi, Amanda, Babe and whatever else you want to call me! How do I have time to blog with three kids under the age of four? I'm up until midnight and usually later!

My complete profile

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from somethingbeautifulblog. Make your own badge here.
Fashion Statement (My Mom)
Beth Moore
Resonate Community
The Food Network
BibleGateway
Dallas Cowboys


unplugged
so much to do!
conversations with a four year old
An iPod story by Amanda
God Be In My Head
Nothing Left to Lose
Church people and the Roomba!
time to start packing!
Yes, we are moving!
another post about my friends!

October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
May 2012

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006

Subscribe with Bloglines



Powered by FeedBlitz


Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: