Sunday, March 25, 2007
Yes, we are moving!
Yes, we are moving to Austin! After much prayer, we are moving to help our friends plant a church. We are so excited!

Friday morning we left for a weekend trip to Austin. Jeremy had an interview at 3pm and he got the job! I am so proud of him! He had not been on an interview in thirteen years. So he will be leaving UPS after thirteen years. This week he will be giving his two week notice and that night I plan on giving him a party! He is so excited about this change. The job thing is a pretty incredible story and I plan on sharing it with you when I have more time to write. But for now, I will just share a few details from our incredible weekend!

After the interview/hiring, we headed over to our friends house, Kyle and Erika's, where we stayed all weekend. They live only ten minutes away from Jeremy's new job. That night we had dinner with them and another couple (Brandon and Cindy) and of course stayed up late laughing and talking. Saturday morning we got up early, met the realtor and found a house in Brandon and Cindy's neighborhood! Actually it is just one street over from them. The town is pretty small so we are only a mile away from Kyle and Erika too. After that, we headed to a Church Planter Development training. That was fun and also very interesting. I learned a lot to say the least and realized how much I am going to be stretched in order to be used. My husband on the other hand seems to "get " it. I have been pretty safe for the past two years and now I am going to have to step out and meet people. Sounds easy, right? Well, not exactly. I've been pretty comfortable lately and now I will be stepping out of the comfort zone.

After the meeting we headed out for some good Mexican food and that is where I got to spend time with another amazing couple, Chris and Gina. They are from New York and I love to hear them talk. They sound so much cooler than Texans! Our speech is pretty slow and boring but not them! I already feel like I have known Gina for a long time. Erika, Cindy and Gina are already such a huge blessing in my life!

Sunday morning was a brunch at Kyle and Erika's so we could meet a few other families. There were a ton of kids, people and food. It was great! Brandon and Cindy gave us ALL of their moving boxes! Needless to say, we are packing and moving in the next THREE WEEKS!

I could write forever about how incredible God is. He has moved in this situation like I have never seen Him move before. We have done NOTHING but sit back and allow Him to work!

He has moved and now we are officially moving!!

Labels:


  posted at 7:26 PM
  11 comments



11 Comments:
At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am SO glad your weekend went well in Austin! I have been praying for you and Jeremy to have wisdom and be in one accord with this major FAITH decision. I know the Lord will bless this leap!

I am excited for you guys...but sad at the same time. Alas, I will have to share you, my sweet friend! :( I know how much you and our friendship means to me and now it is time for me to share the wealth!! :) These ladies are blessed to have you. I pray you push each other towards the Father as we have pushed each other.

Know that I am behind you all the way! Remember that I am only a phone call/e-mail away from being in Austin with you.

I love you!
Kelly Ann

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Paula said...

Yea! Yea! Yea! I am so excitedand your family. It already sounds like a wonderful place where you will be surrounded by God's work and people who love you. You'll have friends, children to play with yours and fun challenges ahead.
I am so excited to hear what the rest of this year offers.

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

So, so, so happy for you and Jeremy! I am so excited to hear what God continues to teach you through this and how He uses you.

You have so much to look forward to, all for His glory!

Rejoicing with you!

 
At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny you used the word "stretched" that you will be stretched out of your comfort zone. In Sunday school today there was the most awesome illustration you might like to hear.

When you look at a rubberband, in it's "unstretched" state sitting on a surface it is very useless. It is not accomplishing anything. Then when you stretch it, it becomes useful right? Not only that but once you have used a rubber band; for the purpose it was intended on being used...then when it is sitting on the surface not being used again...it still has been stretched. It will be bigger than it was.

I don't know if that makes sense or not but we were discussing just this morning about being stretched beyond our comfort zone, and letting God use us in ways we might not have been open too!

 
At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yippeeee!!! I am so thrilled for you and Jeremy & the fam!!
I was praying all weekend that it would be a blessed time down in Austin and that you all would come back with a deep peace!

You sound wonderful and I am so glad that you have made it public so we can rejoice with you and your fam!

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help your transition!

 
At 5:42 AM, Blogger uuu said...

GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!! WOW! I knew it was a church plant - and was pretty sure it involved a move. All I can say is, this is totally a God thing. I am so thrilled to hear your weekend went great.. it is all good to go and you are on your way to what God has been shaping you for.

As for being comfortable and safe for the past few years --- girl, it was your resting period before the period that is before you. He was preparing you... resting you...getting you good and ready to step out and do what you must for Him!!!!

You'll do fine - of that I have no doubt! He is behind you and Jeremy and your family and you will grow and prosper as He has planned!

Congratulations -- and best wishes on this new chapter of your lives. I will pray many things for you - but ultimately that you will continue to hear His voice in all you do AND that these women will be blessed by your friendship as well as you by theirs. May you grow in love together ... and grow in Christ!

(((Hugs)))

 
At 6:10 AM, Blogger Gwen said...

WOW! That is awesome! I'm so excited for you and your family! My brother was in Austin this weekend as well and he will be moving to the Bastrop area in the next 3 weeks as well! Hmmm...he needs some help in the faith area maybe he's coming your way!!!!! That would be awesome!

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger mommyofangels said...

How exciting! May the Lord bless you and your family, and may he use you to bring others to Christ for His glory.

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Annie said...

Amanda,
Congratulations on it all! It really sounds exciting!
I love it when God moves in ways that are amazing.
You'll be in my prayers.
blessings~
Annie
My Life as Annie!

 
At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was a great weekend. I am so happy for you guys and I cannot wait to hear what it is Jeremy will be doing now. I bet he really is ready to leave UPS ;o))

Nancy

 
At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must stretch to give birth, move, breath, walk and smile. It is a blessed stretch and no stretch marks.......get your lay a way...it's time to pick it up. Love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name:
Amanda

Location: Austin, Texas


Mommy, Mama, Mandi, Amanda, Babe and whatever else you want to call me! How do I have time to blog with three kids under the age of four? I'm up until midnight and usually later!

My complete profile

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from somethingbeautifulblog. Make your own badge here.
Fashion Statement (My Mom)
Beth Moore
Resonate Community
The Food Network
BibleGateway
Dallas Cowboys


another post about my friends!
Blessed
BLAKE LEWIS
Okay here's a hint!
RAIN by Rob Bell
For sure, for sure!
Step into the water
PART II Warning signs
Part I Warning signs
Ching-a-ring chaw!

October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
May 2012

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006

Subscribe with Bloglines



Powered by FeedBlitz


Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: