Thursday, March 22, 2007
another post about my friends!
I really had no idea how incredible blogging would be. There have been some times in my life over the past year and a half where I felt very lonely and disconnected from other moms. But blogging and meeting some wonderful blogging friends has blessed me along the way.

Yesterday the phone rang and it was Wendy! I was so happy to hear her calm, sweet, quiet voice. If you read Wendy's blog, then you KNOW how precious and warm she is. The awesome thing is every single time I talk to her, I am encouraged or motivated as a wife, mother and child of God. Yesterday I got to share with her all that God was doing in my life. She knows all the details and I am glad she does because I know she will be praying. Wendy and I have both gone through very similar childhoods so my struggles she always seems to understand. One of the most incredible things about Wendy is her heart. She really loves the Lord and she in intentional in sharing him with her everyday life. She has starting running with a neighbor friend who does not know the Lord. I love that! So many Christians spend time with Christians when we should all be INTENTIONALLY befriending people that don't know the Lord. I encourage you to start reading Wendy's blog if you haven't already. She is a beautiful lady inside and out.

Today I got an email from another blogging friend, Stacey. As soon as I read her email, I knew I wanted to talk to her and give her some encouragement so I replied with one simple sentence. "CALL ME!" Within the minute my phone rang and it was Stacey. Now let me tell you something pretty cool about Stacey! She knows God's Word like the back of her hand. Scripture rolls off her tongue and she is passionate about Jesus. Her energy makes me want to get out my Bible and read, read , read! Today was the first day that Stacey and I actually got to talk on the phone. We have exchanged messages a few times but today we finally got to chat! As soon as we began talking, I felt like I had known her my whole life. We prayed together and encouraged one another. Isn't that cool? That's what God does! He blesses you with incredible friends that you will spend an eternity with! If I need faith for something, I will email or call Stacey. She is a WARRIOR and I sure love having her in my corner. This girl can pray and her prayers get answered! Just check out her blog and you will see for yourself!

Then there is my sweet Paula, the sweetest Southern Belle you have ever met in your life! Paula has become one of my best friends in the whole world and I adore her. Plus we have already made plans for my daughter to marry her son. Who cares if they are only two right now! Paula and I just want to be mother-in-laws together! :)

Outside of blogging, I have some awesome friends too! I don't see all of them as much as I would like but I couldn't get by without them. Kelly Ann, Kelly F., Courtney, Nancy, Tiffany, Laura, Rebecca, Cheri, Diana and my cousin Cara. These gals are the most incredible prayer warriors, shopping buddies and confidantes I have ever had.

And now this weekend we are going to a new place where I will get to spend time with two other friends, Erika & Cindy. I will tell you all about them soon because they are a part of this new chapter in our lives. So exciting! (Stay tuned for more details!)

I sure love all of these incredible women. They help me and encourage me daily and I am so thankful that the Lord blessed me with each and everyone of them!

Labels:


  posted at 2:04 PM
  8 comments



8 Comments:
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Gwen said...

Okay...I have been paying better attention and I know who Erika and Cindy are! I'm on to you!!!!

SOOOOO COOL!!!!! I can't to hear the details! Are you coming closer this direction??? HMMM.......

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Yes, those same women encourage me daily too. =) They are so great!! I'm thinking of you, and praying for you. Anxiously waiting to hear your news...

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

Thanks for the sweet words Amanda. I feel the same way about you. It has been so neat to see how God has brought us together and how much we have in common. I am so thankful for you!

I am definitely praying for you and your family! I am so excited for everything that is ahead of you and how God will use you in this new chapter.

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Paula said...

You are so precious!! I was just thinking and praying for you today as I was driving home. I am so excited for you most awesome news!!! God is gooooooood. He is goooooooood all the time.

I love you.

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Borbe Bunch said...

Friends are priceless treasures!
I am glad God has given you such sweet women in your life!
He is so good to us.
IN HIM,
A sis in Christ :)
Liz

 
At 9:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda,

I've been reading your blog for a long time now, and I've never commented! I'm sorry. I've meant, a lot of times. I looked for an email address to email you, but to no avail, so I thought I'd leave a comment here. I did want to tell you that after your raving about the book, and then my Pastor has recently mentioned Velvet Elvis a couple times at church, so upon his recomendation (though admittedly mostly your's) I just picked it up. Now, if only I had time to read! I'll get to it soon, though ;). I'm quite sure I'll enjoy it.

So, anyway, "hi" and I'm enjoying hearing about your journey, and, I'm excited to hear about your new journey with Resonate Community!

Brit
hi.pumpkin@yahoo.com

 
At 6:30 AM, Blogger uuu said...

what a sweet tribute!!! i can't wait to hear all that God is doing in your life - and He has been forming you for this! He has supplied all these women in your life for support, encouragement, love and prayer.... He knew LONG AGO how to prepare you for this season of your life!!!

GOD IS GREAT!!!!

Love ya girl!

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Kellie said...

Hey there. I haven't been here in so long. I am really glad to be able to catch up on you and your fam. I am still praying for you all. I will be back soon to to a through reading. I love the pic of the baby.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name:
Amanda

Location: Austin, Texas


Mommy, Mama, Mandi, Amanda, Babe and whatever else you want to call me! How do I have time to blog with three kids under the age of four? I'm up until midnight and usually later!

My complete profile

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from somethingbeautifulblog. Make your own badge here.
Fashion Statement (My Mom)
Beth Moore
Resonate Community
The Food Network
BibleGateway
Dallas Cowboys


Blessed
BLAKE LEWIS
Okay here's a hint!
RAIN by Rob Bell
For sure, for sure!
Step into the water
PART II Warning signs
Part I Warning signs
Ching-a-ring chaw!
How can you step out in faith? How?

October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
May 2012

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006

Subscribe with Bloglines



Powered by FeedBlitz


Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: