Saturday, March 31, 2007
An iPod story by Amanda
Lord, I pray that every single person that reads this post, friend, family member and lurker, will experience your incredible power exactly like we have. I have never experienced you in this incredible way until now. I now know for the first time in my life when I am forcing something and when I am sitting back and allowing you to do it all. For this is truly the first time ever, I have sat back and allowed you to work out every single detail of my life without me trying to get in the way. Thank you Lord, you really do make All Things New. (Stephen Curtis Chapman)

I knew my husband was serious when he said, "Babe, I am selling the boat." I could not believe it. "You mean the boat we paid off? The boat we have caught hundreds of fish on? The boat Josiah and Ava Beth love? The boat we have spent many, many dates on? The boat Zeke has yet to go on? The boat we have tubed behind, skied behind and attempted wake boarding behind? You want to sell that boat?" No one knows more than me and maybe a few men that have had the honor of fishing with my sweet husband, how much he adores his boat. In a few days, the boat will be gone. I have watched my husband do some extremely radical things over the last few weeks. He has resigned a job after thirteen years and now he is selling his boat. Wow! I sure love that man! I just Can't Help Loving That Man. (Showboat)

Five days. I have five days until we move from this house to a new one in Austin. There have been a few times when I have gotten a little scared. When the phone rang and the realtor called to say the house we had originally found to rent was not going to work, I panicked. For a moment I panicked and then I remembered, "There is something better." Somewhere along the way, during all the years of growing up in church, I began to believe a lie. I began to believe that God was going to call me to do something I hated. Why would he call me to do something I truly loved? Surely if it is from God, I must suffer. Right? Well, that is the biggest lie we could ever believe. To be honest, I hated the original house we had chosen to rent. There were so many things I really did not like but this was a huge step for me. Jeremy felt it was a good choice so I said, "Okay babe, whatever you think." And I meant it. Thursday we will drive to a new house. A house that I love. Actually it's a house that my friend Erika picked for me. I wasn't even there to see it but I trust her and I trust the pictures from her digital camera! :) A house that is more than I ever could have imagined living in. A house that is in our price range. A house that is way cheaper than what we have now, but nicer, bigger and brand new. No one has ever lived there before. That big bathtub is waiting for me and that incredible covered patio in the backyard will be the greatest gift while we experience the hot, hot, Texas heat. The game room will be perfect for Bible Studies and that kitchen will be my delight. Thank you Lord for giving me more than I EVER could have imagined. When the realtor called today and said, "It's yours", I screamed! Thank you Lord, thank you! Once again I am reminded to TRUST! For HE will carry me through. (Sixpence None The Richer)

A few minutes ago I was talking to one of my very best friends, Tiffany. I love Tiffany so much. Our daughters are nine days apart. Tiffany just gave me a scripture that meant so much. She reminded me of the past and then told me of my future. The scripture said it all. Philippians 1:6 For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus. She always, always, always points me to God's word. We have such a connection that early last week when I was hurting, Tiffany's Mom from California called to encourage me. I have never met her mom in person since she lives so far away but she knows how special my friendship is with her daughter that she felt like she needed to call and love on me for a while. I was so blessed. Tiffany had filled her in on what I was going through and I did too. Her mom listened and then told me the Lord gave her a scripture for me. Zechariah 2:8 For this is what the LORD Almighty says: "After he has honored me and has sent me against the nations that have plundered you—for whoever touches you touches the apple of his eye. As she read the scripture to me, she cried a little and I knew the Holy Spirit had led her to remind me of how special I am to HIM. I must be a pretty amazing child of God. My Song is Love Unknown, My Savior's love to me. Love to the loveless shown,That they might lovely be. O who am I, that for my sake My Lord should take, frail flesh and die? (Choir of King's college)

I am having trouble sleeping. There are so many boxes to pack and I have no idea what it's like to move with three children. The lack of sleep isn't bad because I am full of excitement! I can't wait to be on the road, with our friends behind us. We'll have the kids, the dog, a gigantic Uhaul and our friends leading the way. We will pack the boxes and then our friends in Austin show up to help us load up and take us home! Philippians 3:13 Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead. One thing I know for sure, you give God ONE inch and He will go miles and miles and miles to meet you where you are at and show you the way to go! I will never forget a song I sang several years ago at church. Actually it was pretty close to my 21st birthday and since I will be thirty- one on Monday, it was ten years ago! Anyway, it was a special service because it was the very last weekend this church would be meeting in a high school. The next weekend, we were in a big, huge building. It was a huge thing to celebrate so they decided to fill the stage with boxes to symbolize the packing up and the moving to a new place, a new chapter and so much more. The song I sang was a part of the message and it was so symbolic for what this church was about to do. Looking back, I know I got to be a part of something pretty amazing. And now I get to be a part of something pretty amazing AGAIN! There's just one thing I've got to do as I search for what to pursue, is for me I choose to be Near To You. (Ashton, Becker & Dente)

So as I pack the boxes and begin a new journey, a journey I NEVER in a million years saw coming, I know it is undeniable. It's Undeniable how brilliant you are! (Mat Kearney)

Labels:


  posted at 12:31 AM
  5 comments



5 Comments:
At 5:46 AM, Blogger V. said...

Thanks for sharing your journey Amanda. There is no doubt God's hand is on every aspect of this move.

I pray for wisdom, I pray for a calm and peaceful spirit (for you and the kids!), I pray for more revelations of God's leading through Jeremy.

I know God will bless EVERY step you are taking that is done in obedience. Those blessings will come in many, many forms.

During the days that it's tough, reread this post. You may have written it just for you...

God is Good All The Time!!!!!

 
At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your journey sounds so exciting!

I am happy for you!

Nancy

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Gwen said...

I'm enjoying sharing this journey with you!

 
At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a powerful post. Thank you for sharing. I have always enjoyed reading your blog.

God bless you and your family on this new and exciting adventure.

Lori

 
At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you, precious friend...

I'm so glad that the "God-connection" will always be there, regardless of the miles.

I have seen you grow SO much over the past few years, Amanda! I am ever-challenged by you: To be in the WORD, to be REAL, to be
ENGAGED with my kids and husband, to be HONEST, to COOK (at least twice a week), to be CREATIVE, to be BOLD, and to just be FREE being the person GOD created me to be!

Thank you, Jesus, for letting us share this incredible journey with you and eachother!

I love you...see you soon!
Tiff :)

P.S. Thank you for putting my potty-training fears at ease!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name:
Amanda

Location: Austin, Texas


Mommy, Mama, Mandi, Amanda, Babe and whatever else you want to call me! How do I have time to blog with three kids under the age of four? I'm up until midnight and usually later!

My complete profile

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from somethingbeautifulblog. Make your own badge here.
Fashion Statement (My Mom)
Beth Moore
Resonate Community
The Food Network
BibleGateway
Dallas Cowboys


God Be In My Head
Nothing Left to Lose
Church people and the Roomba!
time to start packing!
Yes, we are moving!
another post about my friends!
Blessed
BLAKE LEWIS
Okay here's a hint!
RAIN by Rob Bell

October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
May 2012

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006

Subscribe with Bloglines



Powered by FeedBlitz


Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: