Sunday, April 08, 2007
Moving Day


Wednesday was a difficult day. I don't like saying goodbye. Yes, the drive is only three hours but that's enough to make it very difficult to see friends. Family did not come over that day, I don't blame them either. My in-laws lived only two miles away and my Dad lived about ONE mile. My mom lived thirty-five miles away but I saw her all the time. I won't lie, this is hard when I think about it. I miss ALL of our families. I miss the familiarity. I miss my Glade Rd. Super Target and my Old Navy. I miss knowing where everything is! I miss my huge tree in the front yard. I miss being comfortable. My precious friend Kelly, Jackson's Mom, gave me a card that I have read over and over again. I can't really read it without crying. Her words made me realize that I will be missed and that I truly made an impact on her life. And now I pray that I can make an impact where I am now. Oh how I long to be used and show others they are LOVED. When someone feels loved, they can do ANYTHING! To all of my friends that came to see us on Wednesday, you made me feel loved. You truly sent us off with so much joy and you gave us confidence to step into this new journey. Thank you. What a gift you gave us!

Tiffany, we talk every single day (you JUST called me and I had to stop writing this blog because you called!)and of course I am so sad that we cannot meet at Grapevine Mills or have a day at my house talking about our views of church, celebrities and fashion! But, I know that this friendship is forever. In fact, I can't wait for you to come in town so we can shop the Round Rock outlet(Michael Kors!)!! I love you my friend.

Kelly Ann, words just can't say enough. You are my rock! You give me so much. You truly are the most incredible giver I have ever known. Our history all the way back to eighth grade says so much. We know that we were meant to be friends forever. I can't wait to meet baby Shaefer! She is going to be beautiful, JUST LIKE YOU! I love you.

Kelly, I don't think you realize how incredible you are. You are beautiful and that is obvious. But there is so much more! I don't know how you do it with four kids! I can barely handle my three, yet you seem to keep the house running like a well oiled machine. A call from you, always makes me feel better. Thank you for loving my children and loving me. You have blessed me more than you will ever know. I can't wait for our trip to San Antonio! The boys are going to have a blast! I love you Kelly!

Rebecca, Bobbie Sue, Aunt Rae Rae, what can I say? You are my best friend and I love your guts! You were my husband's best friend first and now you are mine. I'm never gonna let you go! I can't believe I am in Austin now and you are moving to Baton Rouge! I am so jealous of all the people that are going to have the pleasure of being your friend. They have no idea how much they are going to be blessed. There is no one that can make me laugh like you. You truly are a gift from God. I need you in my life so much. I love you more than shoes! :)

While I miss our life in Dallas, I still know that this is the best place for us because this is where GOD put us. There is no better place to be than in the CENTER of His will. Thank you Lord for making sure we heard your voice. We are so excited about this new journey.

Labels:


  posted at 10:31 AM
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you!!!!

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger V. said...

Happy Easter Hayes family!

 
At 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those pics look like y'all had a blessed goodbye!!
Happy Easter!!

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Christy said...

girl I am so proud for you guys... being in the perfect will of God is far more than being in the permissive will. It takes guts to just "Go with God" and leave the 'comforts' of our lives/hearts. I am praying for you. My Jeremy and I are praying for you and Jeremy and the awesome work God has set before you. Give it all you have got, God is going to bless your socks off! I can't wait to hear the souls that are saved, the lives that will change and the blessings God is going to pour out. I remind myself often when I miss this or wish that.. if just ONE more soul is touched, ONE more life saved from the place called hell then its worth ALL I have to give! God has been preparing you - NOW is the time!! Love ya!!!

 
At 6:19 AM, Blogger Gwen said...

Welcome Home! My brother reported to Austin for his first day of work the same day you moved!

I'm so glad everything went well! It sounds like you are getting settled in and learning the area. I'm so excited for you and to continue to read about your journey. Oh...you'll have to tell me how Round Rock outlet mall is since literally around the corner from me we are getting a replica!

I can't wait to hear more!!!!

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Paula said...

I am crying for you. I know the move was bitter sweet. Your friends sounds just fantastic and all the new ones you will make will be jsut as great.

Settle in ad give me a call when you get a chance. I am very proud of you guys. God is so good and there is no better place to be than the center of HIS will.

 
At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda,

I love you. :)

Wish I could just "hop on over" and see your new place and shop with you at IKEA (your gift IS coming...promise!)...I hope it feels like home VERY soon.

I think of you SO often during the day...especially in the kitchen (which is where your cross hangs - thank you)!

I wore your linen skirt yesterday and smiled (GREAT taste)...thanks for letting me raid your closet!!! :)

Even though we only see eachother a few times a year, I think the reality of the distance makes me miss you more. :(

Trying not to be sad for myself and just happy for you...I really am thrilled for you guys...this is tuly a GOD thing and I'm excited to hear how people's (believers and unbelievers) eyes will be opened to the "Jesus they've never known" through your family.

Big hug,
Tiff :)
xoxoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name:
Amanda

Location: Austin, Texas


Mommy, Mama, Mandi, Amanda, Babe and whatever else you want to call me! How do I have time to blog with three kids under the age of four? I'm up until midnight and usually later!

My complete profile

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from somethingbeautifulblog. Make your own badge here.
Fashion Statement (My Mom)
Beth Moore
Resonate Community
The Food Network
BibleGateway
Dallas Cowboys


We are here!
unplugged
so much to do!
conversations with a four year old
An iPod story by Amanda
God Be In My Head
Nothing Left to Lose
Church people and the Roomba!
time to start packing!
Yes, we are moving!

October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
May 2012

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006

Subscribe with Bloglines



Powered by FeedBlitz


Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: