Tuesday, April 10, 2007
Enjoying our new life
Well, what can I say? I am having fun here in my new town! I made my friend Erika take me all over town today so I could find the nearest Target, Old Navy and of course the Round Rock outlets! Wow, I love that place!! And now that I know how to get to those places, I feel a whole lot better. As long as there is Target, I will be okay.

Jeremy just got home from playing Settlers of Catan with the guys and a lady (you go Cindy!). I have linked the game for you because I have no idea what it is or how to play and I don't think I care to learn how to play. I think it would just make me feel dumb and I don't like feeling dumb! So while he played, I got to spend time watching a show with Erika (thanks for keeping me busy Erika). The kids played, fought and screamed at one another while I pushed pause on the DVR at least fifty times to say "Ava Beth, knock it off. Ava Beth, you need to share. Ava Beth, we don't hit! Ava Beth, you are going to bed!" We ate pop-corn, drank diet coke and laughed at the dumb show we were watching. What fun!

I share all of these details with you because my life has been missing this kind of stuff for about two years now. Jeremy hasn't really had guy time, and I have not had consistent social time either. For a while I did not think I wanted to enter back into this kind of world but now that I have it again, I wonder how on earth i made it this long without it! What a blessing to have friends within walking distance or friends just across the road.

There is so much I am feeling right now. There is so much God is doing and He is blessing us so much. Even though I miss my family, there is no way I would go back. God has His hand all over this and we both see it, we both know it and that's what makes it so much fun! When I think about what God has done over the last MONTH, I am amazed. My prayers have truly been answered in ways I never imagined.

(Tiff, Kelly Ann, can you believe how social I am being? I know you are proud!! Maybe the "I" in me is coming back out again!)

Labels:


  posted at 12:05 PM
  12 comments



12 Comments:
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Christy said...

girl I am reading from wireless.. we are in Tulsa in a revival til Wed night but I really hope to be able to call and chat soon! I hope you guys enjoyed your easter. Be sure to post new pics of Zeke when you can. I am sure he is growing so fast! Jeremy and I really need to come to TX and be in service with you guys some time. That would be so awesome!

 
At 3:48 AM, Blogger uuu said...

Our God is an awesome God!!!!!!!!! He knows just what we need exactly when we need it and ALWAYS supplies it right on time! I am so happy for your and your "girl time" and for the blessing of Jeremy having guys to hang out with. It is SO important - as much as I am best friends with Shawn, we each need time with our friends. It is how we regroup! He knows the friends we need and supplies them - if we wait. I made the mistake when we first moved to NC (knowing NO ONE) of working too hard at making friends, because I left a place where I was surrounded by friends...well guess what?!?! Those "friendships didn't work out" they were superficial...after waiting on Him, I found genuine friendships. AND that, my friend, is what you have.......

I love you and am glad your new chapter has started on such a positive note!

((Hugs))

 
At 4:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds wonderful!!!
I have to say I am a tad envious! I have been here for 7 years and still don't have that..it makes me sad, because I know how social I am.
Anyways, I am glad you are starting to flourish!! I was praying for that!!

 
At 6:07 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

Sounds wonderful, and like this is what God has been preparing you for the last two years! You sound so content and blessed- isn't it awesome to be dwelling in God's will?!

Enjoy the blessings He wants to shower you with, and thanks for sharing... it is so encouraging to me! God has definitely been separating me to Him the last year and I know it is for a reason, but I miss my friends and socialization. Your words truly encourage me that He is in control and remind me to draw closer to Him and seek His wisdom for my family.
God bless you!

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

I am so, so happy for you! Its wonderful getting to be with friends like that and it sounds like its just what the doctor ordered. =)

 
At 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

all you have to be is you. Miss you.

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Jennisa - Avery and Livvie's Mommy! said...

I found your blog from Bluebird Blogs gallery...I spent last night reading many of your posts, and now I am hooked on your blog. You should stop by and say hi!
http://mysweetlittlefamily.blogspot.com

 
At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at YOU, Miss "Social Butterfly!!!" :)

I'm proud of you...maybe I'll get out there and talk with a grown up today too!

Love you,
Tiff ;)

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

So glad you are getting settled and making new friends. God is answering so many prayers.

 
At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am proud of you!!! Although I miss you terribly, I KNOW you are Jeremy are in the center of God's perfect will for you guys personally and as a family. I can't wait until Shaefer is here so I can come visit you and meet your new friends!! I love you!!

Kelly Ann

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

Oh, Amanda, I'm so happy for you and your family--for how the Lord moved in His awesome ways step by step! And, for your being able to get out now and being so blessed w/ friendships! The Lord is soooo good! :) And, I love all these photos!

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

okay, i need to clear things up a little so everyone understands.

We are not having service yet. We are planting ourselves in the community first. It's a process. In May Bible study starts and many people have committed. This is a great step!

The friends I am hanging out with, I already knew. This is what makes is so fun. So don't think I am already making friends. HA! Not yet!

The making of NEW friends will be a huge step for me. I will let you know when that happens.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name:
Amanda

Location: Austin, Texas


Mommy, Mama, Mandi, Amanda, Babe and whatever else you want to call me! How do I have time to blog with three kids under the age of four? I'm up until midnight and usually later!

My complete profile

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from somethingbeautifulblog. Make your own badge here.
Fashion Statement (My Mom)
Beth Moore
Resonate Community
The Food Network
BibleGateway
Dallas Cowboys


Moving Day
We are here!
unplugged
so much to do!
conversations with a four year old
An iPod story by Amanda
God Be In My Head
Nothing Left to Lose
Church people and the Roomba!
time to start packing!

October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
May 2012

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006

Subscribe with Bloglines



Powered by FeedBlitz


Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: