Wednesday, May 09, 2007
Blonde and short!
For my friends that say they read my blog in the mornings as a devotional with their morning cup of coffee, SORRY. There is no inspiration here today! :) It's just me, me, me and I, I, I!!
FROM THIS
TO THIS!!!!

Remember this? Well, read #1 on the list to refresh your memory. It's all about my hair. My hair has been a huge topic lately between me and my husband. He's always wanted it long and I thought I did too. But the truth is, I love it short and I feel good when it's short and I think I get the most compliments when it's short. And hey! Who doesn't like compliments?! Believe it or not, I have even been praying about my hair. "Lord, please help me decide what to do with my hair and when I do it, please help me not to regret my decision." Because we all know how horrible it is to make a bad choice on our hair. That's why I don't do anything drastic while pregnant because I could change my mind after it's too late. I went to Beauty School, so I am used to changing my hair cut, color and whatever else. If you know me, you know I am a short-haired kind of girl and I just don't feel good with it long. I never wear my hair down. Never! It's always in a ponytail or in a clip. Pregnancy, flat irons and color has taken its toll on my hair in a big way. I have tried so many things to heal this breakage issue but nothing works. Honest to goodness, I have not used in a blow-dryer on my hair in over six months and I have not used a flat iron in almost a year. Still, it is breaking off big time!

Soooooo last night I decided to go short again. If you happen to see Pink on American Idol tonight, that is how I want it. It actually used to look like that when I was single and for the first three years of my marriage. When Jeremy met me, it was shorter than his and blonde. My natural color is blonde but, right now I have it brown with some red highlights. I don't like it! I saw Pink interviewed last week and decided that was what I was going to do. Then tonight we were getting ready to watch AI and the kids were going nuts so we paused it. While it was paused, the phone rang. It was my friend Erika. She put her daughter, Kylie, on the phone to tell me that she saw me on TV. While Pink was singing, Kylie yelled, "There's Miss Amanda on TV!!" Funny thing is, Erika and Kyle have seen my hair like that but not Kylie. When Kylie was born, my hair was nothing like that. I'm not sure why Kylie said that tonight but I thought it was hilarious and I think Pink is pretty and she can sing good so maybe Kylie was complementing me! :) I hope so!

As soon as I figure out who in the heck is a good short hair stylist and colorist, I am there! I have to find someone since my Mom lives three hours away. I can't wait!!!!!! So if you live in Austin and you know a place I can go, this will be my Mother's day present!!! I'm so excited that I don't know if I can sleep tonight! This girl is about to have her funk back! Thank you Jeremy! Thank you for letting me be ME.

Here's a few pics of all the things I have done through the years! Oh and if you don't want me to cut it, don't comment! :) I've made up my mind!










Labels:


  posted at 11:36 PM
  15 comments



15 Comments:
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Liz Ferguson said...

I was just posting on my blog about my hair (something a little different than your issue). I have got major crazy hair from having a baby. It's driving me nuts!

Ok, had to comment! Honestly I think you look REALLY cute with short hair. Go for it, sounds fun!

Wish I knew you in person. You seem like such a fun sweet person!

God Bless,
Elizabeth

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Gina said...

Not too many people can get away with short hair, but you can FOR SURE! Go for it, you'll look great! :o)

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger Elisa said...

just stumbled across your blog in the midst of my insomnia. . .

You are beautiful. I like your hair long like in that first pic but i'm sure you would look great w/it short if that's what you want.

 
At 4:53 AM, Blogger Wendy said...

I think you look good both ways.

I am so boring..my hair has been the same forever, just a little variation in length.

 
At 5:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE it short!! I think my favorite is the shag look of the very first pic - where you're in the green & black! ANyways, they are all cute hairstyles, but I think you're right, the short hair really brightens your face - you look stunning!
Happy cut & coloring!!!

 
At 5:41 AM, Blogger Living to Love said...

The other day I thought about getting real crazy and going blonde!! That thought only lasted a couple seconds. It would definitely be interesting since I have, almost, black hair! I am a scaredy cat when it comes to hair.

 
At 5:41 AM, Blogger Living to Love said...

But..I can not wait to see your new do!

 
At 6:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!! I was thinking of doing the same thing after watching an interview with Pink! I'm still thinking it over...Alf really likes my hair longer. :) I will have to live through you!! Let me know when you get it done...

Love you!
Kelly

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger uuu said...

I love messing with my hair as well - I have been every length, style and color that I've ever wanted to try. Now I am in a "long and dark" phase!!! Though - summer is coming and I think I'm wanting some highlights!

You most definitely pull off short styles beautifully! I think it's your smile and eyes! You light up a room girl! Long, short, medium - as long as you've got some funk, you look happy! :)

 
At 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

all those pics are so good and your hair looks great no matter how you have it ;o))) You have such a pretty face you can carry any style - I first knew you with the sassy short hair and I liked it - if I could get away with hair short like that - I would! I cannot wait to see pics ;o)))
Nancy

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Ruth said...

Okay if you only knew how long it's taken me to finish this comment...

I think that you need to do this for yourself, you have such a flirty fun personality and you need the hair to match.
Honestly you could wear your hair everyday in a ponytail and still look so cute and trendy but there's something that comes with getting your hair cut and colored the way you like it, and feel best. So go treat yourself, you deserve it!

So to get my inspirational fix, I went into your archives and read some old blogs. They where just what I needed.

I can't think of anyone else that I've had the chance to get to through their own personal writings. I feel like I'm getting to read your private diary.
It is awesome to find out and learn more about you this way.

Thank you again for sharing and for blessing me.
Love you
P.S. You do resemble Pink. I can see why Kylie said that. That's so cute!

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Minnie said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! I was JUST saying yesterday I want to cut my hair the same exact way!! I even went and got a hoop for my nose just like hers (how pathetic is THAT?!).

I went to see your mom today and was going to have her do it, but I chickened out at the last minute and kept it the same brown, shaggy faux-hawk thing I've been sporting for WAY too long. Maybe next month I'll have the nerve to do it. :oD

I can't wait to see what it looks like on you!!!

 
At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are beautiful in any hair style. If it is breaking off, I think the answer is to cut it for the health of it. You can do anything to your hair because you have a perfect face. It will grow back.....now for the spiritual side....you have other things breaking off and dying, and you need to cut them off. It makes a healthier you. You can cute the bad off and the good grows back every time. I love you.

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger Kate said...

how fun! can't wait to see how it looks. you can't go wrong in austin - i know you will find a good stylist!

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

I love, love, love it! You always look so together and amazing! =) I've had the same hair cut for years; I guess I'm just not that adventerous. Love the new 'do!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name:
Amanda

Location: Austin, Texas


Mommy, Mama, Mandi, Amanda, Babe and whatever else you want to call me! How do I have time to blog with three kids under the age of four? I'm up until midnight and usually later!

My complete profile

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from somethingbeautifulblog. Make your own badge here.
Fashion Statement (My Mom)
Beth Moore
Resonate Community
The Food Network
BibleGateway
Dallas Cowboys


Take me higher
I Live For Your Glory
some verses I read tonight
Decieved
iPod contest for all Mothers!!
a new section of my timeline
Bleeding blue and green AND blue and silver, always!
Can it be all about me today?
breakfast with a friend (part I)
What is a Church Plant?

October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
May 2012

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006

Subscribe with Bloglines



Powered by FeedBlitz


Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: