Tuesday, April 24, 2007
What is a Church Plant?
If you would like to understand more of what we are a part of, please visit my Pastor/Church Planter/friend's blog.

Many of you have been asking a ton of questions and I have been trying to answer them but I think Kyle does a better job of explaining.

Let me just say, that some of you have even been confused with my homesickness and sadness. Despite the homesickness, I have not doubted God one time. I have not doubted this calling he placed on our lives to move to Austin (Tonight I will write about this). My struggle is not doubt. Also one of my family members has been reading my blog and feels that I am not happy due to the tone of the last few blogs. I don't have a lot of time to write but let me say this for the record. Happy comes and goes. Buying a pair of shoes makes me happy! Buying a pair of shoes does not bring JOY! So I don't even like to use that word. Right now I may be struggling in my pursuit of happiness but I am NOT struggling in my pursuit of JOY. Joy is in my gut, it goes way down into my belly and I've got it! If I didn't have joy, then you should all be worried.

Can I get an amen out there from moms trying to take care of three kids, the house, the husband and yourself? It's a hard job. It's the hardest thing I have ever done in my life and for thirty-one years I lived in Dallas and now I live somewhere new while trying to take care of a three kids (one of them being a newborn). My husband has a new job and there is so much change that I am having to throw myself at the feet of JESUS daily. So, I may not sound happy but I just need time to adjust.

I would appreciate some bloggity blog prayers!

Labels: ,


  posted at 12:10 PM
  9 comments



9 Comments:
At 10:14 AM, Blogger V. said...

I love you , even when you're grumpy! At least I know I have company.

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Wendy said...

Amen! It is hard. I have to pray daily that God will fill in the gaps for me because I fail daily in so many ways. I am so thankful for the grace He showers on me everyday.

Praying for you, friend.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger uuu said...

I have to give a huge AMEN there girl! And this bloggity friend of yours is daily lifting you up in prayer... Amanda, the mother, the daughter, the child of God, the wife of Jeremy, the homemaker, the church planter, the woman --- ALL OF YOU!

I love you and REALLY love that you share your heart with ALL of us daily!

 
At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN sister!!!

Yes, yes, yes! We are not about the fleeting happiness of worldly pleasures but the deep, abiding JOY that comes with walkin' with the KING!!

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Gwen said...

AMEN from a fellow Texan with three kids!

You definitely have Joy! I see it all the time! You are so right there is a big difference between happy and joyful. The pastor at our church did a message on that topic not long ago.

 
At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nHello Amanda,
My name is Sarah and I have been "lurking" on your blog for some time. We were pregnant together and our baby boys would have been born about 2 weeks apart except my son, Caleb, was 5 weeks early! Only by the grace of God was he ready for his early arrival! Anyway, the Lord has led me to encourage you! We have alot in common to include our love for Jesus and the true message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ--serving the lost! I also have 2 older children! Not only that, but about 2 1/2 yrs ago the Lord moved our family from the place where I was born and raised for 30 years, 1300 miles away! I knew that I knew that I knew, and so did my husband, that God moved us. However, I too was not prepared for the mourning and sorrow and guenuine pain that leaving EVERYTHING that I knew and loved behind. It was incredibly painful, but I also had JOY!!!! PRAISE GOD! And now I could never have imagined what God wanted to do with us then, but what an amazing growth and blessing that comes with obedience! So, in these times of mourning cling to the fact that GOD alone moved you--and rebuke the devourer in Jesus name! Because you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you! God bless you sister!
Sincerely, in Christ Jesus,
Sarah

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Paula said...

Ms Amnada. I would think people, especially family should understand. We are human living in a fallen world. Happiness is NOT apart of the everyday equation. Doing the will of God is not always fun nor comfortable. I would think it is TOTALLY normal to feel homesickness for family and things familular. Frankly, I would be more offended if I was family and you weren't missing me. Time changes many things. But longing to be near family and friends never goes away. I have been away from my parents 10 years and my brother 15 years. I still miss them and wish I were closer. That doesn't something is wrong with me. And there is NOTHING wrong with you. You are in a process and if I say so myself, you are doing a fine job!!
Love Your Guts!!

 
At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got it. Love you.

 
At 6:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved reading Kyle's blog on what a church plant is from his perspective. I know you guys are a part of something GREAT! I was thinking...in a way we are all called to be church planters. We are called to LIVE out our faith and SHOW people Jesus through our love, faith, compassion, holiness choices. It is NOT enough to sit in a pew/chair on a Sunday monrning and then go home and check mark our "God thing" off our to-do list. How will they know if no one will tell (show) them??

I love you and miss you tons!
Kelly Ann

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name:
Amanda

Location: Austin, Texas


Mommy, Mama, Mandi, Amanda, Babe and whatever else you want to call me! How do I have time to blog with three kids under the age of four? I'm up until midnight and usually later!

My complete profile

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from somethingbeautifulblog. Make your own badge here.
Fashion Statement (My Mom)
Beth Moore
Resonate Community
The Food Network
BibleGateway
Dallas Cowboys


just a bunch of nothing
ticked off
homesick
A supernatural source
We got a pile up in the Hill Country!
Mommy/Mi Mi has arrived!
I come alive when it's dark!
more guts to spill
giving life
Our first out of town guests

October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
May 2012

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006

Subscribe with Bloglines



Powered by FeedBlitz


Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: