Thursday, April 19, 2007
I come alive when it's dark!
In case you have not figured it out by now, I am a night person. But oh how I long to be a morning person. Morning people, I admire. They just seem to be totally opposite of me and also seem to have their head a little more together than me. And wouldn't you know, I am married to a morning person. He is the kind of guy that doesn't need an alarm because he wakes up with the birds. NOT ME!

So my girls in the RC camp, I am the one to call when you want to make a midnight run to Wal Mart or HEB plus (I am starting to really like that HEB Plus!)! Those trips are the best!

Not this weekend but the next, RC will participate in the Relay For Life. We will be up ALL NIGHT LONG and at first I thought there was no way on earth I would even TRY to do that with three kids but now I am thinking how much fun it will be! Maybe the kids can stay with grandparents (if I can convince one of them to meet me in Waco to get them for the weekend) or they can stay in the tent with some of the other kids. Regardless, I am a night owl and I work best late at night and I have more fun late at night and I make people laugh late at night and I do impersonations late at night and I do things late at night that I would never do during the day because I AM A NIGHT OWL!

My Dad started this. I remember when I was a little girl, my Mom would fall asleep every single night while watching TV. But my Dad came alive. This is when I learned to appreciate midnight snacks! Slices of cheddar cheese on saltine crackers and a big glass of ice milk! Yes, ice milk. And how can I forget my first scary movies? Jack the Ripper and Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte and countless episodes of The Twilight Zone. Oh sure, this may be why I am fearful sometimes. But, these are great memories and I inherited my love for the night from my Dad.

If you have a movie marathon, a DVD series movie night or you want to play cards into the early mornings hours, I'm your girl!

My mom used to get so aggravated because I would stay up late as a teenager and then come home after school and nap. During the Summer, I would sleep until noon. Wow! That was fun! When I was growing up, I loved it when I was sick, had fever the night before a school day and I knew I would be staying home. That was the best! I would stay up until 2AM watching TV because I knew I could sleep the day away! I love that feeling! Then when I was single and lived alone, I would go country dancing with a church group on Thursday nights. I had a job where I worked every other Friday (nine hour days allowed this) and had the other Friday's off. So when it was my Friday off, I came home on Thursday afternoons, slept until 9pm and then got up, got dressed and went dancing! And then on Friday? Well, I slept!! Ahhhh!

I can think better at night, sing better at night, concentrate better at night, and enjoy myself better at night. For sure, for sure, I am a night owl and so is my two year old daughter. Yep, she likes to sleep too! She's JUST like her mama!

Well, it's 11pm. I think I will go to bed early tonight.

Labels:


  posted at 11:00 PM
  5 comments



5 Comments:
At 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's funny to read this when we all figured it out already. Did you know that night people are more productive than morning people???? I love to stay up late at night. I have to work early tomorrow but I have a hard time just going to bed. I hate to have to wake up and just start the beautification process. I don't want to drive when all the going to work people are trying to kill each other. Did you notice that so many things are better at night. I worked nights for many years and loved it. Do you know why we love the night Mandi???? The day is over, responsibility is over (for the most part), it is the ahhh time, I have no requests to fill, no one will call me, it is solitude, quiet........all for me. I used to love to run to walmart and buy cleaning stuff at 3am. We are so cool.

 
At 4:33 AM, Blogger Gina said...

ahhhhh.....the nights of dancing, hanging out till whenever, no time constraints...sleeping all day, napping after school, not worrying about what you're eating as a midnight snack, boy is that a breath of fresh air and I miss that! :o) Yes, now it's a little harder to do some of those things, but NOT impossible! My sister and I used to go to Walmart in our pj's at midnight after stopping at Dunkin Donuts for coffee since they were open 24hours and Chris used to think we were nuts! What could we possibly need to go out that late for? "Girl Time"...look at bras/panties, pj's, "new apartment" stuff - Man that makes me miss her so much!!!! I am DEFINATELY keeping you in mind for a late night Walmart/Heb trip! :o)

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger Paula said...

Right I am neither. I get up early because Colton gets up with the birds. HHHAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!! And I want to go to sleep early. I guess in a perfect world, sleeping until about 8:30-9:00 is good and 12:00-1:00 for bed is good. I will get there, it will just take a few years.

Hey the midnight run sounds awesome. I have always wanted to do that. We have one here in the Smokey's. Another goal. The list is getting long.

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Cindy said...

Wow, you have my admiration for having the energy to stay up late after a 12 hour day with the kids! I feel like I'm 90 these days since I usually go to bed by 9 to sleep while the kids are asleep. If I was going to get to do something fun with the girls though, I could make myself stay up late. I would probably be good entertainment for everyone since my brain would be on cruise control!

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Christy said...

oh girl I am too a night owl... its catching up with me having Piercen hee hee... we need to get a chat going on the phone one night if your seriously up that late.... :0)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name:
Amanda

Location: Austin, Texas


Mommy, Mama, Mandi, Amanda, Babe and whatever else you want to call me! How do I have time to blog with three kids under the age of four? I'm up until midnight and usually later!

My complete profile

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from somethingbeautifulblog. Make your own badge here.
Fashion Statement (My Mom)
Beth Moore
Resonate Community
The Food Network
BibleGateway
Dallas Cowboys


more guts to spill
giving life
Our first out of town guests
random
And here's to being REAL!
a word from Ezekiel
Homesick
Blake Shelton was at American Idol and so was my c...
PRAYER REQUEST
a change of pace

October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
May 2012

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006

Subscribe with Bloglines



Powered by FeedBlitz


Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: