Thursday, November 30, 2006
TEXAS

STUCK INSIDE!

There is only one word that can possibly describe the last two days of weather. TEXAS! Only in Texas would you have a news station with live coverage all day long regarding the winter blast! News reporters all over the metroplex reporting on traffic, school closings, snow falling, ice falling, temperatures falling. It is the story of the day, no doubt about it. Yesterday, it was 80 degrees. Yes, 80! I wore flip-flops to my doctor's appointment! Today, if I were ABLE to leave the house, I would be wearing my very warm Ugg boots, gloves, a hat, etc. It is freezing cold!

You see in Texas, our weather does not gradually change. It does not slowly warm up or slowly cool down. While it may seem a little fickle, it's really not. When it decides to change, it changes!Currently it is 28 degrees, with wind chill of 16 degrees. And while we may sound like a bunch of Texas, winter weather, wimps, we are not! It's a different kind of cold here. It will cut 'cha! That cold wind will tear into you like nothing you have ever felt before. Often I hear Texans being made fun of because people say we don't know how to drive in this weather. Well, if we only got snow here, that would be different. But we get ICE and lots of it. AND living in the Metroplex means you are surrounded by nothing but bridges and overpasses. This is why schools close and people stay home from work to sip on hot chocolate all day long. Ahhhh, I love it!

My almost four year old has stood at the window all day waiting for the snow to come. Finally it is snowing but the flakes are not very big. I can count on my two hands the number of times there has been enough snow in Texas to actually build a snowman. It happens, but not very often!

For now, I will fold laundry, maybe make some Christmas cookies, make some decaf coffee or hot chocolate for the kids and place my pizza order online with Papa John's EARLY. The pizza man will be the busiest man alive come 6pm! I don't want to wait two hours for pizza!

Watch out Texans! The ice of Texas is upon you!


  posted at 1:07 PM
  5 comments



5 Comments:
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Karla Porter Archer said...

okay - I've said it before (on other's blogs) and I will say it here!!

I WANT SOME SNOW TOOO!!

It's supposed to be about 30 -40 degrees colder by tomorrow. But I still don't think we will get anything...

Enjoy!

Blessings,
Karla

 
At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha, Lol!!!! I actually almost called you from St. Louie today because your post is WORD FOR WORD what I could have said on my post....

so I guess one other place other than Texas is like that: St. Louis.

I did make Christmas cookies, and vacuum, and hubby is being the hero and bringing home Chinese, tyvm!! What is it about being stuck inside all day against our will that makes us not want to cook??

Tonight, after the kids are in bed, we are going to make a fire, play some poker and watch Grey's!!

Have a fabby night with your fam!

 
At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We get a good mix of lots of snow and ice here. The highs for the next 7 days don't go over 30 degrees. Burr!

Good weather for hot chocolate and making cookies!

 
At 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pictures made me smile, Amanda. Josiah will probably never forget today (playing in the snow with mommy, his first hot chocolate with loads of marshmallows, yummy cupcakes, candyland with sissy)...perfect.

Keep it up...those are the "moments made for worshipping."

Much love,
Tiff :)

 
At 11:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we got it real bad here in Oklahoma oto

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name:
Amanda

Location: Austin, Texas


Mommy, Mama, Mandi, Amanda, Babe and whatever else you want to call me! How do I have time to blog with three kids under the age of four? I'm up until midnight and usually later!

My complete profile

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from somethingbeautifulblog. Make your own badge here.
Fashion Statement (My Mom)
Beth Moore
Resonate Community
The Food Network
BibleGateway
Dallas Cowboys


It's all about ME today!
Gracie
OUT LOUD!
Deep sigh
Kitchen Stadium
Baby Shower for Ezekiel
I've been choosing anger
refusing fear
45 days until Christmas!
I feel 100% good about posting this post.

October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
May 2012

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006

Subscribe with Bloglines



Powered by FeedBlitz


Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: