Wednesday, November 29, 2006
It's all about ME today!
I am 31 weeks pregnant. The last two times I have gone, I measure three weeks ahead. Today I measured 34 weeks. I am not diabetic, I do not have gestational diabetes, but I have always had big babies. This baby seems to be falling in line with the other two. Josiah was born at exactly 38 weeks, he was 8.4 and 21 inches long AND very difficult to deliver! My doctor induced me so I would not have to end up having a c-section. He knew the baby was big. I am so blessed to have a doctor that will not let me go past my due date! I did end up having a third degree episiotomy. It was bad but thanks to the epidural, I did not know it until after!! But then Ava Beth measured BIG too so we scheduled an induction for the first day of week 38 but I did not make it. She was born at exactly 37 weeks and at three weeks early weighed 7.6 and 21 inches long. So at 31 weeks I am doing the same exact thing. My doctor even moved my due date up a few days!

I would love to wait it out, go into labor on my own or start having contractions at 37 weeks like I did with Ava Beth and THEN be induced to speed up the labor a little. That's what I am hoping for! But, my Mom will be on a cruise during my 38th week of pregnancy for the whole SEVEN days! I want my Mom to be there. I want her in the room again when this baby is born! So, I have to wait. I have to! If I am able to keep this little boy in, he will not be born until week 39. My history shows, the sonogram shows, the measurements show that me having a 39 week baby means he will be BIG! My dates are right but this mama just has big babies!

Mom, Dr. Neal said I need to prepare you now. That both of us need to prepare for this baby to be born while you are in JAMAICA! Or wouldn't it be cool if he came before you left. Well, no because then I would not have you around to help or give the first bath like you always do. As soon as he was born, you would be on your way to climbing the Dunns River Falls or swimming with stingrays! Wait, don't swim with the stingrays!

I've never made it to 39 weeks but if I do, Lord please let this baby's head be small! :)

Do you see these flip flops? And these pants? Yep, my Forever 21 gauchos that I wear almost EVERY single day because they are so comfortable!! Well, tomorrow it will be almost 60 degrees cooler in Dallas so the flip flops will have to go and I will have to wear my chocolate brown Uggs that my husband HATES and I think I will have to wear some warmer pants! This outfit I wear almost DAILY! Now if only I could go braless, THEN I would be comfortable but THAT would not be good! It's official! I am at the Oh my back stage! Oh my feet stage! Oh my ribs stage! Oh the baby just kicked my bladder and I have to pee like a race horse stage! My husband is hating sharing a bed right now, I sound like I have asthma when I walk around the mall and I need help getting up off the floor! Polishing my toe nails and shaving this morning was not fun and wrapping Christmas Presents should be LOTS OF FUN! I have always LOVED my baths in my big bath tub. Now I struggle just to get out!

But, I love it! I really do. Promise I do. Doctor said urine is good, blood pressure perfect and weight gain right on track AND baby looks wonderful. My doctor called me Ms. Perfect today! Now THAT's what I like to hear! But can I be honest? REALLY HONEST? I feel like total CRAP! :)

Off to take a nap while the kids nap!

P.S. Before you yell at my Mom for taking a vacation during her only daughter's 38th week of pregnancy. The cruise was planned AND paid for before I got pregnant. Ezekiel was a surprise!

  posted at 1:56 AM
  12 comments



12 Comments:
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Thank you for sharing! I just love reading your updates. I've also updated my blog with the latest pregnancy update too. Here's to hoping that Ezekial will come either the 37th or 39th week!! You'll be in my thoughts... A surprise will be on its way before the weekend!!

 
At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, I remember that stage!! And I totally get what you mean about still loving being pregnant in spite of some of the aches and pains.
My husband laughed out loud when I said the other day that I loved being pregnant...all he remembers is my bellyachin'!!!!

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Borbe Bunch said...

Hi Amanda,
You make me laugh! Reading you write about all the last weeks of pregnancy feelings, totally hits home with me....though I am all done :) As you well know, it is SO worth every uncomfortable moment! What a precious gift after ALL that us mamas go through!
Stay focused on your Lord and HE will give you the strength to keep going on, even when your aching back screams NO :) Oh, and wrapping presents, yah, great fun, that was hard...I had to send out packages weeks ago, while I was VERY prego, so I'll be praying for endurance as you walk out your last weeks, for the timing to be of God's and that He will give you peace with whatever day your sweet son enters the world....God knows ALL, rest in that :)
IN HIM,
Lizy

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Drea said...

your such a pretty pregnant lady. and I love the name Josiah. We almost named our 1st son Josiah :-) Still a possibility for this one (although it may be a girl, we have no clue)

and yes love the flips!

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Paula said...

You look good. I love the outfit. I am all about comfort as well. Especially when pregnant.

I would say with the way your other pregnancies went, you'll be delivering early. I do pray it is before your mom leaves!!!

 
At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you look cute!
Dawson was 9lbs 3oz - talk about big!
And I delivered naturally ;o))
Well - I mean no c-section - that is natural to me.

Nancy

 
At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! This has been a QUICK pregnancy (at least for me)! :) You are GLOWING Amanda, despite how crappy you may feel!

I WILL pray that your momma is in town when Ezekiel comes...that's a very special and worthy tradition.

Wish I would've had those gouchos during Lily's pregnancy...comfy!!!

Enjoy the frost/snow tomorrow...somehow the Christmas music just sounds better when it's cold! :)

Love you...wear those UGGS, girl!
Tiff

 
At 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look great! So glad things are going well.

I had to laugh about the shaving, that is the hardest thing to do when you're pregnant!

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Karla Porter Archer said...

you look glowing, even if you are feeling like crap!

Hang in there. I fretted over so much at the end of my second pregnancy and even though the events didn't work out like I wanted it was still a perfect delivery!

Blessings,
Karla

 
At 4:55 AM, Blogger V. said...

my HBI was 9 lbs 12 oz. that's why his middle name is Brick!

I love the outfit - I'm so jealous. I' going out today in snowboots, a scarf, a parka and gloves! It went down to -9 degrees F last night!

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Kate said...

love love the pic!
wouldn't it just be murphy's law that you have this baby when your mom is at sea?! ahhhhh!!!

 
At 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mandy, it's Kassi I just wanted to say Hello! and congratulate you! Hope to see you soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name:
Amanda

Location: Austin, Texas


Mommy, Mama, Mandi, Amanda, Babe and whatever else you want to call me! How do I have time to blog with three kids under the age of four? I'm up until midnight and usually later!

My complete profile

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from somethingbeautifulblog. Make your own badge here.
Fashion Statement (My Mom)
Beth Moore
Resonate Community
The Food Network
BibleGateway
Dallas Cowboys


Gracie
OUT LOUD!
Deep sigh
Kitchen Stadium
Baby Shower for Ezekiel
I've been choosing anger
refusing fear
45 days until Christmas!
I feel 100% good about posting this post.
Sugar & Spice- Creative Baking by Amanda

October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
May 2012

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006

Subscribe with Bloglines



Powered by FeedBlitz


Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: