Tuesday, May 29, 2007
A new hole in my nose!
Okay so put away all that old time religion because this thirty-one year old, Christ follower, Wife and Mommy to three, got her nose pierced! It's just a tiny little diamond-like stud and I love it. Jeremy called me his little rebel yesterday and I thought that was funny. Something funny did happen though. While I was standing in line at this tattoo/piercing place in Austin, my cell phone started ringing. My ring tone has been the American Idol theme song lately. I always change it to that during the AI season. I wasn't even thinking but when it went off, the guy with about fifty different piercings looked at me like I was insane and he told me to turn it off. "Turn THAT off." He then rolled his eyes. I guess my ring tone was not very complimentary to the Ozzy Osborne already playing!

Many of you have emailed asking me if I did it so now you know! I did it! This year I will not be attending our family reunion that is in two weeks. There I would be surrounded by some relatives that may think I am going to hell in a hand basket! :)I think my Grannymaw would have a cow but then again she may not even be able to see it. :)

I think I find a lot of freedom in being a Christian woman that is not afraid to express herself. I pray that God can use it to show others that ALL Christians are not as legalistic and crazy as some think! Well, crazy is a tough one because I am crazy! :)Maybe it's best to look like a punk rocker!

Labels:


  posted at 1:45 PM
  8 comments



8 Comments:
At 12:10 PM, Blogger uuu said...

PICS PLEASE!!! You go girl!

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

That's what I was thinking...pictures!

You rebel! :)

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Kate said...

You're a Rebel WITH a clue! ;) Pics please!!
PS - did it hurt??

 
At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot believe you aren't going to the Reunion...I knew you said you probably weren't but I need you there. I am NOT doing bing with out my O!

Cara

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Paula said...

PICTURES! When is the tat coming??

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

nope, no tattoos! no desire.

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Liz Ferguson said...

You are so fun!! That's awesome that you have the freedom in Christ to be who you are!

I agree...pictures!

 
At 5:37 AM, Blogger Ruth said...

Hey what's taking so long for the pics...I live 10 mins. away and still haven't seen it!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name:
Amanda

Location: Austin, Texas


Mommy, Mama, Mandi, Amanda, Babe and whatever else you want to call me! How do I have time to blog with three kids under the age of four? I'm up until midnight and usually later!

My complete profile

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from somethingbeautifulblog. Make your own badge here.
Fashion Statement (My Mom)
Beth Moore
Resonate Community
The Food Network
BibleGateway
Dallas Cowboys


A Five course meal
My recipe book
Not sure what I am doing
Hold on a second!
I almost forgot!
James 4 & 5
O Praise Him (All This For A King)
honesty
blogger/gmail/google trouble
American Idol finale party

October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
May 2012

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006

Subscribe with Bloglines



Powered by FeedBlitz


Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: