Thursday, May 24, 2007
O Praise Him (All This For A King)

I have ALL of David Crowder's music on my iPod and in the car!

There is a reason why I love this song so much and a reason why I love the video even more. Why? Well, I will tell you in just a minute.

I thought of this song tonight after a long conversation on the phone with a friend. Lately we have had some pretty deep conversations about the Bible, worship, lifestyle and so much more. I really enjoy our talks because it makes me really think about things. She asked me a question about something that has really had me thinking. I am praying that how I answered her made sense. No, I am not going to tell you what the question was. :) Anyway, I thought of this song because I truly want to reflect Jesus in all that I do. I REALLY do. Unfortunately, I don't. I fall short just about every single day and always will. But I pray that how I live my life will be an inspiration to others. I pray that people will know what I stand for and understand who I am. At times I may look like a fool but I truly hope I can be this guy in the video singing at the top of his lungs, in the middle of the city and not give a flip if anyone thinks I am crazy or not. Hopefully, I will at least be on key! But if not, oh well.

If you watch the video you will see what I am talking about. It's funny because I am notorious for walking around the house with my iPod on and singing to the top of my lungs. It's one of my favorite things to do and the kids don't seem to mind it! So I kind of see myself in this video. God is busy, busy in my life right now and I am loving what He is teaching me. The benefits of Him are endless.

Lord Jesus, make me a minister. Father, help me to show you in all that I do.



Isaiah 61

1 The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon me,
for the Lord has anointed me
to bring good news to the poor.
He has sent me to comfort the brokenhearted
and to proclaim that captives will be released
and prisoners will be freed.[a]
2 He has sent me to tell those who mourn
that the time of the Lord’s favor has come,[b]
and with it, the day of God’s anger against their enemies.
3 To all who mourn in Israel,[c]
he will give a crown of beauty for ashes,
a joyous blessing instead of mourning,
festive praise instead of despair.
In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks
that the Lord has planted for his own glory.
4 They will rebuild the ancient ruins,
repairing cities destroyed long ago.
They will revive them,
though they have been deserted for many generations.
5 Foreigners will be your servants.
They will feed your flocks
and plow your fields
and tend your vineyards.
6 You will be called priests of the Lord,
ministers of our God.
You will feed on the treasures of the nations
and boast in their riches.
7 Instead of shame and dishonor,
you will enjoy a double share of honor.
You will possess a double portion of prosperity in your land,
and everlasting joy will be yours.

8 “For I, the Lord, love justice.
I hate robbery and wrongdoing.
I will faithfully reward my people for their suffering
and make an everlasting covenant with them.
9 Their descendants will be recognized
and honored among the nations.
Everyone will realize that they are a people
the Lord has blessed.”

10 I am overwhelmed with joy in the Lord my God!
For he has dressed me with the clothing of salvation
and draped me in a robe of righteousness.
I am like a bridegroom in his wedding suit
or a bride with her jewels.
11 The Sovereign Lord will show his justice to the nations of the world.
Everyone will praise him!
His righteousness will be like a garden in early spring,
with plants springing up everywhere.

Labels: ,


  posted at 11:28 PM
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Liz Ferguson said...

Ok, seriously I have goose bumps...WOW!!! Thank you for sharing that. It was beautiful!

Amanda, I love your heart! It is so encouraging to come here and read your blog and totally see the Lord working in your life. I know I do not know you personally, but I get your heart through your pages.(or at least I feel like I do) It is so encouraging to "meet" other women who say, "Here I am Lord use me". Your willingness to be broken and used to bring glory to the king is refreshing.

Keep pressing on towards the goal. You are an encouragement to me! Just wanted to let you know!

 
At 6:04 AM, Blogger V. said...

I posted the link for the video at my blog asking the question "Is this guy a freak, or does he GET IT?"

V.

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Wendy said...

When I saw that you posted Isaiah 61, I couldn't believe it. That is what I read last night before bed. Remember just the other day we had both talked about James 1 on our blogs w/out knowing. Funny.

Oh, I love David Crowder. I got to see him in concert w/Third Day last year - it was awesome!

 
At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda,

THANK YOU for sharing this video - I've always loved the song, but had never "seen" it!

I agree - how I WANT to constantly worship Jesus with my life and keep HIM and HIS KINGDOM the focus (rather than silly things like Rosie vs. Elisabeth)!!!

I needed the perspective today...THANK YOU!!!

I love you,
Tiff ;)

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

I love coming here and reading every day, even though I don't always comment. Its plain to see that you are just flourishing in Austin; that God is teaching you so many things. You are so passionate about His word and the lessons you're learning. Thank you for sharing with us!!

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Amy... said...

I can't watch the video right now because my boys are sleeping near me and I really don't want them to wake up:)

Anyway, I also am encouraged by you. Thank you for being honest and saying things that may not be popular...they are the truth!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name:
Amanda

Location: Austin, Texas


Mommy, Mama, Mandi, Amanda, Babe and whatever else you want to call me! How do I have time to blog with three kids under the age of four? I'm up until midnight and usually later!

My complete profile

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from somethingbeautifulblog. Make your own badge here.
Fashion Statement (My Mom)
Beth Moore
Resonate Community
The Food Network
BibleGateway
Dallas Cowboys


honesty
blogger/gmail/google trouble
American Idol finale party
James 3
HEROES
The brothers and the sister
James 2
James chapter 1
The book of James
Ava Beth, my biggest fan!

October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
May 2012

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006

Subscribe with Bloglines



Powered by FeedBlitz


Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: