Tuesday, May 22, 2007
HEROES
I am one night behind in watching Heroes. After AI, which I cried during, we watched Heroes. Since we are reading Soul Cravings by Erwin McManus in our book club, (some of the Heroes go to Erwin's church in L.A.) I felt like the last part was written by Erwin himself. His book is all about the last line. (Thanks Gina for writing it all out. I had to copy. I was thinking how I wanted to write it all down or find it on the web but I saw that you had it on your blog.)

"We all dream of hope, change, fire, life and death...the need to solve life's mysteries shows itself like a glowing light of a new dawn....There is so much struggle for meaning, purpose, and in the end we find it only in each other, our shared experience of the fantastic. The simple human need to find a kindred spirit and connect and know in our hearts that we are not alone."

That has to be the most powerful line I have heard in a TV show and it makes so much since regarding our church and what God is doing in and through our group at RC. Gina blogged about it but I did not read her blog until after watching Heroes because I did not want to know what happened. But, I knew as soon as I heard the last line that Gina had to have blogged about the last line. She "gets" it and because she "gets" it, I "get" it and others will continue to "get" it as we show them what Jesus is all about. I truly believe that our purpose in life is to show others what it means and what it feels like to be loved. Christ is loving others through us and He is loving us through others.

All of that from a show called Heroes? Yes. You won't want to miss next season. Peter Petrelli is the man!

Labels: ,


  posted at 9:42 PM
  1 comments



1 Comments:
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Kate said...

But I can only assume Nathan is over and done with. He can't regenerate. There is so much symbolism in that show (to me) despite any agenda that might be there. Yes, that caption that Suresh read at the end of the show just gave me the biggest goose bumps. That is my favorite show. I mean, don't we all wish we had a super power?!! ;) I have missed your blog. I need to catch up as I am getting back into my Tate School blog now... Miss ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name:
Amanda

Location: Austin, Texas


Mommy, Mama, Mandi, Amanda, Babe and whatever else you want to call me! How do I have time to blog with three kids under the age of four? I'm up until midnight and usually later!

My complete profile

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from somethingbeautifulblog. Make your own badge here.
Fashion Statement (My Mom)
Beth Moore
Resonate Community
The Food Network
BibleGateway
Dallas Cowboys


The brothers and the sister
James 2
James chapter 1
The book of James
Ava Beth, my biggest fan!
Oswald Chambers
decided to change this post and remove me from it
Calling all BLAKER GIRLS!!!
Letting God do all the work
Happy Mother's Day

October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
May 2012

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006

Subscribe with Bloglines



Powered by FeedBlitz


Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: