Sunday, May 13, 2007
Happy Mother's Day
Jeremy got me a chair for the backyard for Mother's Day and a new hair style! The kind of chair you can lay out in and recline while soaking up the blazing sun. One of my favorite things to do is lay out. It has been since I was thirteen years old! When I was single I would spend every single Saturday at the pool, all day long before meeting friends out for dinner. Something about being in the sun all day made me feel good! Now that I have kids, I lay out while they nap or play in the blow-up pool. Even when I was pregnant I would lay out in the back yard in my two piece so I could get some sun on my prego belly. Of course no one else was around, just the kids! Today I figured I should lay out in my new chair while the kid's slept. After all, when you have platinum blonde hair, you better get some sun so people can tell the difference between your hair and skin! Right?! It's interesting though. I had a baby almost four months ago so the body is in a major transitional stage. Wearing a two piece when you still have the Linea negra and baby fat is pretty weird but I was in the backyard where no one could see me!

It was nice soaking up the hot, Austin sun while listening to my iPod. And for the record, it is way hotter here than Dallas. The humidity here is pretty bad. It's 90 degrees today but it feels much hotter! Well, I hope all of you moms are having a great Mom's day. I'm about to get myself ready and go out for a little while! My husband is letting me leave for a while and that is a wonderful present for a mom on Mother's day! woo hoo! I'll be there soon Starbucks! Save me a seat!

Josiah has been telling me all day long, "Happy Mother's Day Mommy! I'm so happy you are a mommy!" That cracks me up!!!

In case anyone is wondering, the TEXAS HEAT has arrived. There is no turning back now. Yikes!

Labels:


  posted at 3:13 PM
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 2:03 PM, Blogger mamashine said...

I'm glad for you that you're still able to wear a two piece. I have too many stretch marks to be comfortable doing it, not to mention there's just far too much tummy.
And I love the hair! You DO look like Pink now. :)

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Kelli! Just remember, I am in my BACKYARD where no one else is! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name:
Amanda

Location: Austin, Texas


Mommy, Mama, Mandi, Amanda, Babe and whatever else you want to call me! How do I have time to blog with three kids under the age of four? I'm up until midnight and usually later!

My complete profile

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from somethingbeautifulblog. Make your own badge here.
Fashion Statement (My Mom)
Beth Moore
Resonate Community
The Food Network
BibleGateway
Dallas Cowboys


a new look that I LOVE!
My Dad, Fried Green Tomatoes & Smores Pie
A sucky attitude
Those dang expectations!
Blonde and short!
Take me higher
I Live For Your Glory
some verses I read tonight
Decieved
iPod contest for all Mothers!!

October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
May 2012

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006

Subscribe with Bloglines



Powered by FeedBlitz


Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: