Friday, May 11, 2007
My Dad, Fried Green Tomatoes & Smores Pie
My Dad got here today around 6pm and we all went out to dinner at a place called The Texan Cafe. Luckily we got there before the major crowd hit. As we started eating, I noticed a line out the door! And now that I have been there, I understand the line of people waiting their turn.

Good heavens, those fried green tomatoes were out of this world! Since we started with fried green tomatoes and since I knew the meal would end with their famous pie, I figured it would be a great night to totally indulge. So chicken fried steak was an easy choice for my entree!

Now I'm going to go out on a limb here and brag on myself for a moment. I've got their chicken fried steak beat, hands down! The very first dinner I ever made Jeremy was chicken fried steak and all the fixins! Chicken Fried Steak with rolls, homemade gravy, cream potatoes (not mashed, creamed), fresh green beans and corn on the cob! He asked me to marry him two months later and he still says to this day that one bite of my chicken fried steak and he was in love! Okay, so enough bragging on me! :) After our meal we were stuffed so we decided to get pie "to go". Dad got Apple Pie, Jeremy got Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie and I got the Smores pie. Oh my goodness! That Smores pie was unbelievably good!

Yes, people with my personality that enjoy something tend to say things like, "That was the best hamburger I have ever had in my life!" Or they say things like, "That was the worst restaurant I have ever been to in my life!" You know, we use lots of adjectives and expression when we talk. So knowing that, you may not believe me when I say that it was the best piece of pie I have ever had in my entire life. But seriously, it was slap yo mama good! I'm pretty sure my friend Erika could figure out a way to make a replica. After all, Erika does make the best ice cream pie in the whole world! I think she worked at TCBY while in college or high school and took notes! :)

I'm sure going to try and figure out the batter on those fried green tomatoes. They were so good I felt like I was being served by Idgie and Ruth! (if you don't know who they are, you need to watch FGT again! and if you have never seen it, shame on you!)

So there you have it! Dad is here and our tummies are full! Tomorrow the kids are going to play in the backyard in their new blow up pool while I sit under the covered patio and relax. Then tomorrow night we are grilling pork chops, beef sausage and corn on the cob! Of course there will be a huge pitcher of sweet tea too. Oh and I making a Chocolate Praline Cake for desert (thanks for the recipe Erika)! Sunday is "all about me day" aka Mother's Day!! This means my Dad and Jeremy will be cooking breakfast AND lunch! By dinner we will all be sick of eating. Then Dad leaves on Monday morning and my week begins all over again. I think I better soak up any extra help while I can.

Happy Mother's Day!

Labels: , ,


  posted at 11:45 PM
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 1:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day. You deserve the best day ever. Have fun and relax. I love you.

 
At 5:49 AM, Blogger Paula said...

Happy Mother's Day to you dear sweet friend.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Cindy said...

I want to try your chicken fried steak! I'll have to be sure and invite myself over for dinner sometime soon! :-) Glad you are having fun with dad. The Texan rocks! We'll have to do pie happy hour one afternoon. Can't wait to see your hair!

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Ruth said...

You're making me hungry! :p
Where is that place? I've never been. I think Cindy has a great idea, pie happy hour. Let me know!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name:
Amanda

Location: Austin, Texas


Mommy, Mama, Mandi, Amanda, Babe and whatever else you want to call me! How do I have time to blog with three kids under the age of four? I'm up until midnight and usually later!

My complete profile

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from somethingbeautifulblog. Make your own badge here.
Fashion Statement (My Mom)
Beth Moore
Resonate Community
The Food Network
BibleGateway
Dallas Cowboys


A sucky attitude
Those dang expectations!
Blonde and short!
Take me higher
I Live For Your Glory
some verses I read tonight
Decieved
iPod contest for all Mothers!!
a new section of my timeline
Bleeding blue and green AND blue and silver, always!

October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
May 2012

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006

Subscribe with Bloglines



Powered by FeedBlitz


Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: