Wednesday, December 20, 2006
JEREMY, my husband
Okay when you are stuck in the kitchen all day assembling cheeseballs, you have lots of time to think and ponder on many, many things. And since I am going to make my husband get on here tonight and read a week's worth of blogs, I thought I would write about him for a moment.

Even though he is the busiest UPS man in Dallas/Highland Park area this Christmas, he took the time to chop EVERYTHING for all of my 36 cheeseballs. Yes, I have an electric chopper but you still have to chop some before putting it in the chopper. He knew it would be easier on me today if he helped so he went back to being my sous chef so I could spend the day being the executive chef. I would probably have already been done, but I have to take breaks because my back starts hurting and my feet and my ribs, etc. (reminder-34 weeks pregnant!) I have a right to take breaks! :) Anyway, as I was assembling the 26th cheeseball (10 more to go), a song starting playing on my iPod that almost made me start crying.

We have always been country music fans. Before we met, we loved and when we met and realized we had similar taste in music, the icing was on the cake! Both of us adore George Strait and Alan Jackson. So one night I was getting ready for a date we were going on (this was about two months ago) and I noticed he was on iTunes. It's become our favorite website for sure! Anyway, he downloaded an Alan Jackson song and said, "Babe, I want you to hear this song. It's my song to you." Even though Jeremy is a sensitive, very loving man towards His wife, I was kind of shocked that he had found a song that described how he felt about me. It was totally a moment for us and I cried. I think he did too, but he won't admit it. Just like he won't admit he was crying like a baby at our wedding. Needless to say, the song is on my iPod and I listen to it ALL THE TIME.

He makes my life so much easier. He helps me so much with the kids and helps me with everything else. He is my biggest fan and he makes me so happy. I never knew it was possible to have a husband that loves me like he does. I am so blessed.

I love you Jeremy. You are my best friend.

Like Red on a Rose- by Alan Jackson

Like red on a rose
When your lips first smiled at me
I was captured instantly
To each his own

Like blue in the sky
The gaze of your willing eyes
Touched something deep inside
The truth be known

That I love you
like all little children love pennies
And I love you cause
I know that I can't do anything wrong
You're where I belong
Like red on a rose

And I love you like
all little children love pennies
And I love you like
good times of which I've known many
And I love you cause
I know you give me a heart of my own
You make my blood flow
Like red on a rose

  posted at 5:14 PM
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Christy said...

I think there is something about JEREMYS!! You have a wonderful husband girl to work soo busy this time of year and help you so much at home as well - our ups man has been here a thousand times in our neighborhood this week... I know behind every good man is a good woman! :0) Beutiful song, I need to go listen to it... reading your blogs make me so hungry for cheese balls!

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Paula said...

Sweet man!! Be sure after the holidays and when things settle to take a few "date" nights before Ezekial comes. Remind eachother how wonderful you both are and how great your kids are. 3 months girl, and he'll be sleeping through the night! You can do it!!!
Sorry, that kinda got off track what you wrote.

 
At 6:00 AM, Blogger uuu said...

How precious is that?!?! I love when Shawn does little things like that - it's so TOUCHING!!! Best wishes in finishing your baking - enjoy spreading holiday cheer to your neighbors - and ENJOY that massage (oops - could you hear the envy?):)!!! You deserve it girl!!

Merry Christmas to you and yours!!

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Kate said...

awwwwwwwwww - sooo sweet. alan's got some of the best songs out there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name:
Amanda

Location: Austin, Texas


Mommy, Mama, Mandi, Amanda, Babe and whatever else you want to call me! How do I have time to blog with three kids under the age of four? I'm up until midnight and usually later!

My complete profile

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from somethingbeautifulblog. Make your own badge here.
Fashion Statement (My Mom)
Beth Moore
Resonate Community
The Food Network
BibleGateway
Dallas Cowboys


Random
I am a friend of God!
just thought I would share (revised-see bottom of ...
A Family picture
Approved to God
Punk Pastor and so much more
Sorry, not quite done for the day yet!
no title (revised)
My Mom's blog
Got a limp?

October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
May 2012

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006

Subscribe with Bloglines



Powered by FeedBlitz


Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: