Monday, December 18, 2006
A Family picture
It's hard to get a picture of all four of us. It seems we can never make it happen and when it does, it's even more difficult to get all four faces looking in the same direction AND smiling! I love this picture and I love the fact that Josiah isn't smiling. Instead he is trying to hide his gum like MiMi told him before she snapped the shot. That's a real picture! Ava Beth is hiding my almost nine month belly and I have to use the bathroom really bad and my back and feet hurt worst than ever. That's a real picture! Oh and the picture is out of focus! But, it's our little family of four and soon it will be a family of five. Right now we can't imagine what life will be like with three kids but next year I am sure we will look back at this picture and not be able to remember what it was like with just two.

I was thinking about next year's Christmas card and having all those names to put on it. Jeremy, Amanda, Josiah, Ava Beth and Ezekiel!

Wow! We are so blessed. This picture just reminds me of all that I prayed for in that lonely, one bedroom apartment in Las Colinas/Irving, Texas when I was a single girl waiting to find the love of my life. Thank you Lord for answering my prayers and giving me so much more than I ever imagined.

Below is a picture of grandparents that will soon be babysitting THREE at a time. In this picture, they aren't thinking about that! Can you tell? Oh they think OUR life is going to change, but HA! I got news for them! GET SOME REST!

So I am posting this for MiMi and PawPaw! (And Mom did you notice our outfits yesterday? I wore black jeans with a black and white shirt and RED shoes. And look at YOU! You are so stylish Mom!)


  posted at 9:17 AM
  5 comments



5 Comments:
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Paula said...

Cute Picture.

 
At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda -
I agree totally about the "real" picture. Ours is the same way. Timmy isn't even looking toward the camera. But you know what, that is the real snapshot into our actual life in this season.
When they are older they may all be looking but they may have missing teeth thanks to the tooth fairy, or scraped up faces from sports, or acne due to teenage hormones. Life is just that: life!! Way to live it and embrace REALITY!!

Who wants to be picture perfect plastic anyways?? LOL!!!

 
At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the picture! Real ones are so much funner to look at later, it explains the stage of life and gives the REAL perspective of it.

I love what you said about how the Lord has given you more than you ever imagined. I feel the same. How blessed we are!

Merry Christmas to all of you!

 
At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I just read your comments over at Wendy's blog and wanted to pipe in about hair-cutting. I have never cut my daughters hair more than a 1/4 of an inch trim I do myself. It is to the middle of her back. We are hoping to get it professionally trimmed after the holidays. Perhaps between Christmas and New Years when we have some time. She loves it long so we don't want to take much length off.

Anyways, your sweet Ava Beth's hair is beautiful and looks like it is growing in nice and thick. I just love the long hair on the little girls!!

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Kate said...

love the pics! you all look so cute - as you are :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name:
Amanda

Location: Austin, Texas


Mommy, Mama, Mandi, Amanda, Babe and whatever else you want to call me! How do I have time to blog with three kids under the age of four? I'm up until midnight and usually later!

My complete profile

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from somethingbeautifulblog. Make your own badge here.
Fashion Statement (My Mom)
Beth Moore
Resonate Community
The Food Network
BibleGateway
Dallas Cowboys


Approved to God
Punk Pastor and so much more
Sorry, not quite done for the day yet!
no title (revised)
My Mom's blog
Got a limp?
Our Christmas Card
32 weeks!
I'm on a mission (revised)
This has been brewing in me for a while!

October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
May 2012

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006

Subscribe with Bloglines



Powered by FeedBlitz


Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: