Tuesday, December 19, 2006
just thought I would share (revised-see bottom of post)
Below you will find a COMMENT sent to me anonymously. I decided to look on my site meter and see the location of this person. Not very hard to figure out. No one is ever anonymous. Makes me sad, especially because I am a human being and I even offer my email address and to think someone has to send this anonymously confuses me a lot.

I am so thankful for the relationship I have with my Heavenly Father. I could not make it one day without Jesus. And after reading this comment, I am especially thankful for this present season. It is a sweet time, for sure. I am not sure where I ever wrote that homosexuality is not a sin. I do believe that it is wrong, just as I believe adultery, fornication and murder are wrong.

People can choose to read my thoughts or not. I don't buy books that are authored by people I don't agree with or really care for. So why do people keep coming here? Interesting thought.

I am on the right track, I am asking questions. I don't doubt scripture, I don't twist or change it. My problem is not with the Bible or JESUS or GOD. I have NEVER twisted scripture on this blog, NEVER. But the thing that scares me about this comment is the anger behind it. It proves so much of my point.

If any of you want to send stuff like this, please don't do it the cowardly way. Attach your name to it. Your IP address says a lot.

I will pray for you. We are to be IN the world, not OF it! What you are encouraging are mixed messages to those poor people around you that you can be all holy in your thinking, but not in your practical life. This is, unfortunately, a lie that the devil has led you into believing. When is the last time you really searched for truth in the Bible - without any prejudices toward believing one way or another? I know you know what truth is; you know that it is far, far worse for someone who has known truth and rejected it, than someone who will never experience it. The post-modernist relativism you ascribe to will not matter one bit when you are standing in judgment. Please remember that Christ's followers are not to change ideas and beliefs like the changing of the wind. Are you truly ready to raise your children to believe that the homosexual man sitting next to them can be just as eager for God as them, while still saying it's okay for the homosexual to practice what they believe? I hope you and your husband are prepared for what you are doing to your beautiful children; your decisions WILL affect generations of your family after you. Put it this way - since your soul and the souls of your husband and family are truly riding on the beliefs you hold dear, and since you still believe in the Bible and it's message, why not believe in all of what the Bible has to offer? I for one would not put the eternal souls of those I love in danger by ordering what I would like off the Bible and neglecting the rest

I must answer this question.
Are you truly ready to raise your children to believe that the homosexual man sitting next to them can be just as eager for God as them, while still saying it's okay for the homosexual to practice what they believe?

I have never written that homosexuality is okay, never. HOMOSEXUALITY IS WRONG! So this person has put words in my mouth or has decided to not really read my writing.

Will I raise my children to believe that the homosexual man OR woman sitting next to them can be just as eager for God as them? YES. I could write so much just for that question but I don't feel it is necessary.

Thank you friends and family that know my heart. I think the saddest part about this comment is where it came from.

***One of my sweet friends just called to tell me something about Jay Bakker. He is the one that I mentioned in the post called Punk Pastor. I made a horrible mistake and did not read something that he had said. The only thing I knew about Jay was what I heard him say in an interview on GMA. I should have done more homework before applauding him so much. I do feel that Jay is chasing after Jesus but I also feel that based on a RELIGIOUS past that he has tried so hard to get away from, his view has become extremely distorted. Here is a quote from Jay. "The more I follow grace, the more I'm drawn to him [God], the more I'm willing to stand up for people being persecuted," said Bakker. "It sounds so churchy, but I felt like God spoke to my heart and said '[homosexuality] is not a sin.'" Okay folks, I do not agree with this and I apologize if anyone was confused based on my mentioning of his name. Maybe this is where the homosexual comment came from. Not sure. So please know you can always email me to ask what I meant by something or to enlighten me on something. Thank you Wendy for calling me on the phone and telling me about this. However, if this is the cause behind the comment I received, I do not believe the comment is justified. It was wrong and there was a lot of anger behind it, I could feel it.***

  posted at 1:35 PM
  8 comments



8 Comments:
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Karla Porter Archer said...

Hi Amanda --

I am sorry that you are being bombarded from so many angles...

I will continue to pray for you during this busy (and obviously, stressful) time.

Enjoy your babies and your husband and just keep on keepin' your eyes on Jesus!

Blessings,
Karla

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger uuu said...

Dear Amanda -

I am so sorry for the people who feel the need to attack! You have a beautiful family and are doing a precious job of teaching them to be God chasers. Do not let this comment discourage you! Carry on my dear sister in Christ, Carry On!!

Much love ---

 
At 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to tell you how shocked I am at this comment someone sent you! I have been a part of your blog from its birth and I have NEVER read any post that would lead me to think what this person wrote! And believe me...I have read them ALL! Please be encouraged that the people that truly know you and love you can see your heart. As your dear friend of 15 years and sister in Jesus, I can attest that you have never been one to condone sin on any level. This journey that you are currently on is scary to some; it is uncomfortable and makes us take a gut-wrenching, much needed look into ourselves. You are not questioning God, His Son or any theological issue, but searching for a way to be an ACCURATE REFLECTION of who HE is. Keep wrestling! It is an honor limping with you!

I love you!!
Kelly Ann

 
At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got your back!

Standing in the gap for you today!

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Gwen said...

I'm so sorry someone did this to you. You are such a sweet person and your love for the Lord shines through in everything I read.

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Christy said...

Girl count it ALL blessing - the devil attacks when we are a threat to him! He wouldn't be messing with you if you weren't. By the way, your pics are great and your mom is SO beautiful!!! I think she is so classy! Like mother like daughter!!!

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Kelly Ann, I love what you said.

"You are not questioning God, His Son or any theological issue, but searching for a way to be an ACCURATE REFLECTION of who HE is."

 
At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

IT is very obvious that the person that made the comment has NOT read your blogs completely, so I would say maybe there are other things that they did not do completely. I have read every BLOG you have written. I have never seen anything but GOD in your blog. Your BLOG has saved me from many things that discourage me. Your BLOG has assisted me to not only feel loved once more but to love. Your children are blessed to have the mother they have I am blessed to call you friend. I would say to those that have a problem....if you don't like what you see....quit lookin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name:
Amanda

Location: Austin, Texas


Mommy, Mama, Mandi, Amanda, Babe and whatever else you want to call me! How do I have time to blog with three kids under the age of four? I'm up until midnight and usually later!

My complete profile

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from somethingbeautifulblog. Make your own badge here.
Fashion Statement (My Mom)
Beth Moore
Resonate Community
The Food Network
BibleGateway
Dallas Cowboys


A Family picture
Approved to God
Punk Pastor and so much more
Sorry, not quite done for the day yet!
no title (revised)
My Mom's blog
Got a limp?
Our Christmas Card
32 weeks!
I'm on a mission (revised)

October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
May 2012

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006

Subscribe with Bloglines



Powered by FeedBlitz


Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: